FSX will disappear when I load certain Missions or planes

Thread: FSX will disappear when I load certain Missions or planes

FSX will disappear when I load certain Missions or planes

Here's the problem, I tried to load certain 3rd party missions, the RJD F/A-18,CH-46 and Vietnam mission packs, today and at first the screen went black like it should but after a second or two the load window stayed visible but the black background went away showing the desktop and when the mission was fully loaded all I got was the sound and no screen. I hit the esc key and the End Flight menu came up but when I went back to the flight I still had nothing.

Has anyone experienced this before and is there a fix for it? I hate to think I lost $45 dollars on this venture. I also have the same problem with certain freeware aircraft like the KBT P-3. This happens in both the Box and Steam Editions of FSX.
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

Do you have FS recorder module running? This causes the mission system to crash.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I don't have that module installed so that was not the cause. Funny thing about this gripe is that once I did a full restart on my PC the problem cleared itself only to show again when I tried to load up an Air Hauler flight. Strange, guess it's a quirk in the game I'll have live with. At least I got the missions to work and was somewhat disappointed with the F/A-18 ones. The Vietnam ones are a little harder up to me being shot down by ground fire. Next time I'll use a better helo, the one that the mission uses looks like one that Abacus made and is next to useless. Piglet's OH-6 is a better product and it''s freeware.
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

Members who have read this thread: 0