Prepar3D v3 Screenshots - Page 2
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Prepar3D v3 Screenshots

Very good shots all! Looking forward to posting! Lots of irons in the fire, especially new computer wise! Love P3D V3 on my aging system but I WANT more!

Daube fantastic shots! Look forward to more!!

Safe Skies!!!

Greg
    Best airshow/rock concert ever!
    First flight game/sim...Atari 8 bit USAFF text based WWII bombing game!
    i7 6700k @ 4.675 ghz | Asus Maximus VIII Formula Mother Board | 500 gig Samsung EVO 950 M.2 for OS | Crucial 500 gig SSD dedicated to P3D | 16 gigs Corsair Dominator DDR4@3200 | Corsair H115i AIO 280mm | GTX Asus Strix 1080 GPU | 4K 49" LG Monitor | Windows 10 64 bit

Blog Entries
    Great idea creating a dedicated P3D screenshot page. Since V3 was released I've become very inclined to sing it's praises...visually. IMHO V.3 has reached a new plateau for graphics quality, light rendering and immersive weather. Kudos to the LM team and can't wait to see what is coming in the future.

High def Photoreal with hand annotated autogen.
    Loation: Norther California Eastern Sierra Nevada mountains KMMH over the "Silver Divide" descending towards Crowley Lake.

Prepar3Dv3 | Windows 10 | REX TD/Soft Clouds | ASN Live Weather

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Nice shots Gman !
    Indeed, P3Dv3 is quite good on the graphics level. I just wish they's allow us to push the LOD radius above the actual limit, because the rendering of medium distance scenery has a really high suction factor compared to FSX...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Nice shots Gman !
    Indeed, P3Dv3 is quite good on the graphics level. I just wish they's allow us to push the LOD radius above the actual limit, because the rendering of medium distance scenery has a really high suction factor compared to FSX...
    Thanks Daube,

I'm at the point where I have to really strategize my flights because of the various limitations we run into, but if I look at it as a cost/benefit relationship I think the advantages of the sim come out on top. So far the LM team has worked magic, but of course there is a bunch to be done.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Same here ! I'm finding some kind of old feeling, just like in the old FS9 days: I'm now spending more time installing new addons to test them than configuring the sim.
    The only adjustment I had to do, since the installation, is deactivating the shadows for the trees, because they had too much impact on OrbX sceneries.
    Since then, I've been simply flying.

Here's a short hop with an old friend.

I haven't touched FSX since I installed P3D. I had uninstalled it a few months ago, but last week I had to install FSX-Steam just to get some default birds which were missing from my P3D. Mainly that Beaver, the Goose, and the F-18.

Wave animation is superb but wake is still poor

Blog Entries
    Like in real life, sometimes you just need a camera. Spontaneous light, weather and scenery coming together and creating more V3 inspiration. The set are captured flying the backbone of the White Mountains east of Lone Pine, CA., Mt. Whitney is in the mist directly to the West. The Whites are an ancient remnant of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, but have broken off and moved eastward 30 miles over the millennia. There are no lakes nor rivers, although this mountain range is home to some of the oldest trees on the continent.

One of my favorite improvements in V3.0 is the volumetric fog that blends seamlessly into terrain. With enhanced Vfog features in OPUS or ASNext, ground haze looks completely natural.

Prepar3D V3.0 | Owens Valley, White Mountain Range Hi Def PR Central CA | REX Soft Clouds | ASN Live Weather

Last edited by gman5250; November 21st, 2015 at 13:32.
    Thomas Jefferson

That looks stunning! Is this the scenery you're working on?

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    That looks stunning! Is this the scenery you're working on?

Cheers,
    Mark
    This is part of the scenery project Mark. The longer range goal is to complete the entire Owens Valley from Bryant O57 (Bridgeport) to Olancha or China Lake. Also working on KRNO and Reno Stead. The finished package will be high def photo real with hyper accurate autogen, including all of the small Owens Valley airports. The eastern section of the Sierra Nevada mountains are slated to be hand annotated along with the Whites to the east. The project is ongoing, but I took a break (which turned into a short career) with the Tigercat. Now that the T-Cat package is nearly complete I can get back to building scenery.

So far all of my custom vegetation libs and modeling are P3D V3 compatible, so I don't anticipate setbacks. Actually, the scenery libs have improved.

Pardon the avion du' jour...lately most screencaps have been in the beta planes.

Perpar 3Dv3.0 | KBIH Eastern Sierra Regional Airport & Scenery WIP | F7F-3 Tanker | High Def Photoreal W/Custom Hand Annotated Autogen & Custom Scenery Libs by Gman 5250

Last edited by gman5250; November 21st, 2015 at 16:49.
    Thomas Jefferson

That is great artwork, that rivals the best I have seen yet. My compliments!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    That is great artwork, that rivals the best I have seen yet. My compliments!

Cheers,
    Mark
    Thank you Mark.

The thing is, P3D is opening up vast new possibilities for developing really good vegetation, ground textures and realistic buildings. The tools are all in the SDK, so the trick is learning how to take existing scenery design tricks to the next level. That's where I'm spending all of my time. It keeps me busy...lol.

Cheers,
    Gordon
    Thomas Jefferson

Fantastic Gordon, I live just over the hill from KRNO so I am really looking forward to your work on that area. Love the grass especially. Please keep us posted as to progress. Love the screen shots.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Those scenery shots look great G. The grass effects look like something from Orbx.
    It is great looking artwork like this that I really want to migrate to V3 of P3d from FSX. I have it on my Christmas wish list, and I know there will be a learning curve for me as there are some
    disparities between the two sims. My one question is how much HD space is the Basic V3 gonna cost me? Can I run FSX and P3D V3 side by side -if I have the room for them both?

I didn't know that scenery was your main forte. I would of guessed airplanes.

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Thank you Mark.

The thing is, P3D is opening up vast new possibilities for developing really good vegetation, ground textures and realistic buildings. The tools are all in the SDK, so the trick is learning how to take existing scenery design tricks to the next level. That's where I'm spending all of my time. It keeps me busy...lol.

Cheers,
    Gordon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Those scenery shots look great G. The grass effects look like something from Orbx.
    It is great looking artwork like this that I really want to migrate to V3 of P3d from FSX. I have it on my Christmas wish list, and I know there will be a learning curve for me as there are some
    disparities between the two sims. My one question is how much HD space is the Basic V3 gonna cost me? Can I run FSX and P3D V3 side by side -if I have the room for them both?

I didn't know that scenery was your main forte. I would of guessed airplanes.
    ORBX grasses originate from their individual developers. You will see the various artistic styles of each artist depending on which airport you purchase.
    I did two projects for ORBX before I decided to create my own projects.

I use a unique approach to my grass and trees, I can't/won't discuss that here...wink...wink, but they do look very natural and perform very well...FPS friendly.

I don't recommend running FSX and P3D on the same hard drive, although it is possible since they don't compete with each other. It all comes down to available space, and there are some tricks you can use to share scenery to save space.
    Once you feel at home in P3Dv3 you may drift away from FSX completely.
    Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Fantastic Gordon, I live just over the hill from KRNO so I am really looking forward to your work on that area. Love the grass especially. Please keep us posted as to progress. Love the screen shots.
    Thanks Tom,

I'm about three hours south, but get up there fairly often.

I needed a break from the scenery, thus the F7F endeavor that took much longer than I anticipated, but now I'll be back on the scenery. I took a hard look at what I had built and compared it to the new stuff from Flightbeam and Fly Tampa. I decided I needed to be on par, so I'm rebuilding the KRNO terminal(s) with real glass and interiors. Modeling the surrounding industrial areas takes a while, but that is well underway. The rail yard out by the Nugget will be some work too.

I'll post up some pics of KRNO once I get the runway signs and lighting done. The basic ground details are already complete.
    Thomas Jefferson

You must be somewhere near Bishop. One of my mules came from Bishop. I have done some packing in the Golden Trout working with the Forest Service. Looking forward to KRNO.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    You must be somewhere near Bishop. One of my mules came from Bishop. I have done some packing in the Golden Trout working with the Forest Service. Looking forward to KRNO.
    Bishop is 15 minutes South. I'm in Lake Crowley with a really lovely lake view and cattle in my front yard. I can see the KMMH rwy lights from my front window.

Pity about the trout farms and Alpers...no more. Only natives from now on although I quit fishing about five years ago.
    Thomas Jefferson

Bishop is 15 minutes South. I'm in Lake Crowley with a really lovely lake view and cattle in my front yard. I can see the KMMH rwy lights from my front window.

Pity about the trout farms and Alpers...no more. Only natives from now on although I quit fishing about five years ago.
    It sounds like both of y'all are off the grid.....

Milviz F-4S VMFA-321

A Little F-4S Phantom action.

Tom is a couple hours north of me,im on I-80 in Auburn,if you drive up this way,im sure youd go to reno on 395,but if you decide to head west on 80,let me know ,id like for you to stop and say hi...might be a good potty stop lol.theres an open invite to Tom,and "RockStar" has stopped by,even fed him..lol.i believe there is a soh member in the bay area too.we should all get together some weekend for a bs session.oh and Allen in redding?..

But G?...would you start a thread for your scenery?..show us some of the progress?..im sure im not the only one here who thinks its Fantastic!!! the bottom pic in the 3 screens above is my new wallpaper.a friend saw it today and asked me who the artist was....she thougth it was a digital photo of an oil painting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    Tom is a couple hours north of me,im on I-80 in Auburn,if you drive up this way,im sure youd go to reno on 395,but if you decide to head west on 80,let me know ,id like for you to stop and say hi...might be a good potty stop lol.theres an open invite to Tom,and "RockStar" has stopped by,even fed him..lol.i believe there is a soh member in the bay area too.we should all get together some weekend for a bs session.oh and Allen in redding?..

But G?...would you start a thread for your scenery?..show us some of the progress?..im sure im not the only one here who thinks its Fantastic!!! the bottom pic in the 3 screens above is my new wallpaper.a friend saw it today and asked me who the artist was....she thougth it was a digital photo of an oil painting.

A road trip would be great...I have one or two usual stops right out in your neighborhood. I wouldn't mind shaking hands with some friends.

Scenery thread..? Hmmm, maybe a thread for everyone to post their work and techniques would be nice. I'd be interested in some other opinions.

Actually your friend was not too far off with her oil painting observation. Most designers use photos of plants for their vegetation. I begin with photos for reference, but all of my vegetation are made by first hand painting the individual trees, grass or brush. A lot of guys don't care about scenery and ambiance, but I think it brings the sim to an entirely new level.

This is an example of what is possible in P3D DX10+, and to a lesser extent FSX that is slightly restricted with DX9. From one of my beta test "plots".

Thomas Jefferson

I fly P3D (v3) for the first time and just for 2 days now and though I have Shaders
    problems due to my ATI card (suffering of FPS drop), I have to say that I'm impressed...

If FSX was "As real as it gets", then with P3D and DirectX 11 is at least "As real x 2"
    with photoreal sceneries.

BTW : Do you know of a way to transfer the native planes of FSX boxed version into P3D ?...
    I'm interested for the DC3 and the sailplane of FSX.

I do really want to make a thermal flight over this photoreal environment !...
    My Military Flight Videos :

Quote Originally Posted by xpelekis View Post

BTW : Do you know of a way to transfer the native planes of FSX boxed version into P3D ?...
    I'm interested for the DC3 and the sailplane of FSX.

i have no idea if you can move the stock FSX planes to P3Dv3 or not..but you'd be better off i think with this C-47/DC-3,its a much better airplane than the stock fsx version.

FSX Douglas C-47 V2.zip

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Members who have read this thread: 1