Great thing about avatars is... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Great thing about avatars is...

Very nice package!

Thank you!

Dino

Brilliant package Christian! Many thanks!

How did you get them all walking around like that in the video??

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Thanks,, also like to know how you got a group to move together.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    ...Correct. The process of creating Avatars is not well documented in the SDK, but it is doable. I have a military pilot figure almost ready - it can walk, run, crouch, jump (when still) and swim... animations are hand made, and not of the greatest quality, but they should be OK.
    Actually I am building a "structure" that will allow a relatively fast creation of Avatars.
    I am unsure how to publish them at the moment. I am leaning towards a small payware package (which would include different helmets and various jumpsuit colors, along possibly with miscellaneous generic airmen)...
    I am also considering releasing one or two for free attached to my models. The new F-35 will most likely ship with its own Avatar with proper helmet).

I'll keep you guys posted but it is almost ready.

This is awesome as always Dino. I never really use the avatars because I find moving and navigating them around to be hard in P3D.

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    Brilliant package Christian! Many thanks!

How did you get them all walking around like that in the video??

Andy

Thank you for the nice words!

In principle, this is nothing else than AI-traffic, the avatars running all along a predefined route.
    Compiled was everything with the TrafficDatabaseBuilder from the P3D-SDK.

Because all avatars have to start running at the same time, and not at different times, i have reworked the "AI-Traffic" with the AI-BootTrafficCompiler, short AIBTC.

This method is also possible to run a walker along a defined route. Just as in one of my scenes: EDRN Nannhausen

Best regards
    Christian
    regards
    Christian

P3Dv4 - ASUS Z97 Pro i7 4770k@4.4 Ghz (OC) 8 GB Kingston HyperX XMP 1600 Mhz ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX 8GB

For a sophisticated flight simulation
    www.bahrometrix.de

Blog Entries
    Christian, I downloaded your Avatars. They are really nice looking. Now, I have yours and Dino's.

All I need to do is to learn how to use them.

Thanks for sharing them with us.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Christian, I downloaded your Avatars. They are really nice looking. Now, I have yours and Dino's.

All I need to do is to learn how to use them.

Thanks for sharing them with us.
    Hi John.

First of all you have two ways to select your Avatar:

a) by Menu -> Vehicles
    b) by pressing SHIFT+CTRL+E (if you're in your aircraft)

Ordinarily, the avatars are controlled via the keyboard, as it is common practice in modern 1st person / 3rd person PC games. The key assignment is in most cases WASD, R, J, C:

W = forward
    A/S = left/right
    D = backwards
    R = run
    J = jump
    C = crouch

Although it is also possible to control avatars via input device, but that is highly dependent on the use which input device you. With a joystick that would go even relatively well, but with a Yoke as an input device, it becomes difficult. So one can say that the Avatars will predominantly used by the desktop pilot, whereas it is rather impractical for Home Cockpit pilots.

Christian
    regards
    Christian

P3Dv4 - ASUS Z97 Pro i7 4770k@4.4 Ghz (OC) 8 GB Kingston HyperX XMP 1600 Mhz ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX 8GB

www.bahrometrix.de

...if you have a Xbox 360 controlled plugged into an USB (along with you flightstick and throttles of course) controlling the Avatars is a breeze and work much like any 3rd person videogame.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Bahr View Post
    Hi John.

First of all you have two ways to select your Avatar:

a) by Menu -> Vehicles
    b) by pressing SHIFT+CTRL+E (if you're in your aircraft)

Ordinarily, the avatars are controlled via the keyboard, as it is common practice in modern 1st person / 3rd person PC games. The key assignment is in most cases WASD, R, J, C:

W = forward
    A/S = left/right
    D = backwards
    R = run
    J = jump
    C = crouch

Although it is also possible to control avatars via input device, but that is highly dependent on the use which input device you. With a joystick that would go even relatively well, but with a Yoke as an input device, it becomes difficult. So one can say that the Avatars will predominantly used by the desktop pilot, whereas it is rather impractical for Home Cockpit pilots.

Christian
    [Slaps his forehead with palm of hand] I should have realized that! I wandered in Second Life land for a while. In fact the avatars remind me of SL avatars. I did try to use the joystick, but while I could use the views to look at the avatars they didn't move. I will try the keyboard method.

Thanks for the lesson.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Whats the keystroke combination to access the avatars when you want to do walkaround etc? I so rarely do it I forgot.

I recall them being sort of kludgy to move around.

Edit: Duh... read post above after posting this one...

How do I change the default avatar? I would like to use one of Dino's military pilots as my default guy. So when I press contrl+shift+E, I get my selected guy instead of a civilian.

@ejoiner

To permanently change the default avatar you must edit the Prepar3d.cfg - open it with a text editor and change the line:

[Avatar]
    DefaultAvatar=Civilian Male White Shirt Blue Jeans

into (e.g. Military pilot, male, no helmet, olive drab jumpsuit - you can get the names by looking into the .cfg file of my Avatars):

[Avatar]
    DefaultAvatar=Military Pilot Male no helmet Olive Drab

Note that you can also select an Avatar for each flight, by selecting it along the aicraft. Avatar selection (and status) is saved along with the flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    @ejoiner

To permanently change the default avatar you must edit the Prepar3d.cfg - open it with a text editor and change the line:

[Avatar]
    DefaultAvatar=Civilian Male White Shirt Blue Jeans

into (e.g. Military pilot, male, no helmet, olive drab jumpsuit - you can get the names by looking into the .cfg file of my Avatars):

[Avatar]
    DefaultAvatar=Military Pilot Male no helmet Olive Drab

Note that you can also select an Avatar for each flight, by selecting it along the aicraft. Avatar selection (and status) is saved along with the flight.
    Thanks! that is information I didnt know!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Bahr View Post
    Because all avatars have to start running at the same time, and not at different times, i have reworked the "AI-Traffic" with the AI-BootTrafficCompiler, short AIBTC.
    It is interesting you use AIBTC...

If I remember correctly the avatars in P3D also swim? Is it possible to use your avatars with AIBTC to create people swimming in the sea?

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    It is interesting you use AIBTC...

If I remember correctly the avatars in P3D also swim? Is it possible to use your avatars with AIBTC to create people swimming in the sea?

Andy

I dont want to leave the wrong impression:
    First off this is not my thread. The thread was started by Dino, and thus "belongs" to it Dino and not to me :-)

I'm not traveling in forums very long - errors are there not excluded. That I have presented the avatars here is due to the fluke of the search engine.

@ Dino
    I did not want to hijack your thread, that was not my intention, please excuse.

On the question:
    Yes, the avatars can also swim, as AI-traffic. This looks really weird when a whole bunch of avatars swimming in the lake. lol

Christian
    regards
    Christian

www.bahrometrix.de

@Christian... actually this is not "my" thread! And even if it was, the discussion still seems on topic.

Members who have read this thread: 0