Great thing about avatars is... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Great thing about avatars is...

Yeah, I know... I wanted to add a crew chief figure, but I was not convinced of the model quality. I will make another attempt, or maybe I'll add it later as an update.

Is the avatar models interchangeable or you have settle for one at a time?

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

It works much like the vehicle selection - you can install as many as you want, but you need to pick one.
    Avatars can be selected as "vehicles" (in which case you can change as you would change an airplane) or selected "along" the vehicle (in this case you need to reload or change the vehicle in order to change the Avatar).

...aside, following comments on this thread, I have:

- Included a "Crew Chief" figure (basically the generic serviceman figure but with specific headset)
    - Included a "No hat" figure (figure is "disabled" by default, meaning it is not used in the default choices)
    - Included a "beret" figure (for repainters to depict specific units)

I think it is pretty much done.

Military Avatars package is on sale at SimMarket...

http://secure.simmarket.com/indiafox...r-p3d-v3.phtml

:-)

Just a suggestion here but is it possible to make an avatar of a pilot with a helmet bag? In 26 years on the Flight Line I can only remember one pilot who would walk from Personnel Equipment to the flight line with his helmet on and visor down. In all other cases the pilot carried his helmet in his hand or stuck it in his helmet bag along with any paperwork. Maybe other Air Forces are different in that sense and it could be that Naval Aviators have a different way of doing things but I thought it was worth mentioning. Glad to see that there is a "No Hat" version for the NCO as well. No hats on the flight line. Nice job Dino!

@falcon409

Pilot holding flight bags or helmets is one thing I considered....and maybe I'll do it in future. Problem is, I already have more tha 35 avatar variants in the package, and there are a lot of cool possibilities.... here is why I added a pilot-with-no-helmet figure.

Anyway... I hope you'll like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    @falcon409
    Pilot holding flight bags or helmets is one thing I considered....and maybe I'll do it in future. Problem is, I already have more tha 35 avatar variants in the package, and there are a lot of cool possibilities.... here is why I added a pilot-with-no-helmet figure.
    Anyway... I hope you'll like it!
    I'm sure the package will be quite popular Dino, thanks!

Great contribution!

This might be another one of those small plus features that eventually tips the scales and hastens my migration to V3.

Nice work Dino, awesome pack, will grab that one later today! well worth 7 euro!

Hmm that aside, I totally need a lady pilot avatar , civil or military, its got to happen...

*scurries off to blender*

Time to break my brain with skeletons.

Maybe I'll give it a shot to a female figure when I'll have more time...

Excellent package Dino . Really enjoying it . This pilot actually forgot why he stopped off at Port Allen in Kauai and got really side tracked . Scenery is George Keogh's excellent Hawaiian Airports Vol 1 , 2 and 3 which can be found at AVSim (search George Keogh's) . Your package has an avatar that would fit any scenery or aircraft . Again , a job well done and looking forward to any future additions . I predict it is going to be quite popular .

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pilot.jpg   babe.jpg   potty.jpg  
    Last edited by Crusader; November 4th, 2015 at 10:59.
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

:-D !!!!

Actually, while testing the package I was amazed by the level of detail of some sceneries....

Maybe I'll give it a shot to a female figure when I'll have more time...

I meant I was going to take a swing at it myself (been working with pilot figures recently) you'd probably do a far better job though I suspect, your work is always top notch.

@Firekitten

Sure - I understood... and I encourage you to do so - making this avatar package was a great learning opportunity!
    I was just "thinking out loud" meaning that, in hindsight, the package feels a littel incomplete without female figures...

@Firekitten

Sure - I understood... and I encourage you to do so - making this avatar package was a great learning opportunity!
    I was just "thinking out loud" meaning that, in hindsight, the package feels a littel incomplete without female figures...
    Soon as I get a break between aircraft projects, i'm going to dive right in, question for you, on average, whats your poly count for an avatar? and is p3d 'flushing' the avatar model from the sim when its in an aircraft? so we're only loading when its in avatar mode... it does open up some nice potential for higher res models.

Well, my avatars are in the 3 to 5K polys area... mostly for facial features. It seemed OK from most user cases.
    Note that while the P3Dv3 SDK supports 3DSMax biped (hence mocap) I have never managed them to work - export consistently crashed my computer :-S

In terms of loading/unloading I have no idea... interesting question.

Thanks Dino,

As for loading unloading I'm more interested about the effect of detailed Avatars on already heavy aircraft models... curious to find out if its permanently loaded or gets pulled in and out. Will need to do some digging.

Mocap works eh? That could make for some awesome animations, but its never easy to get it working. I'm still working with frame by frame stuff at the moment.

An attempt at a female version of the military pilot avatar... I'll most probably release it in a product update.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image445.jpg  

FYI - Avatar package updated to include the female pilot figure, along with some other bug fixes.
    It is on sale at SimMarket, FSPilotShop and FlightSimStore.

This new Avatar feature may be used for additional immersion & interactivity
    in P3D Scenarios...
    In video, I'm testing interactivity between player and Avatars in a Scenario. Player
    manages to stop running pilot Avatar by close proximity. Dialogues may be triggered,
    assignments of new actions for the Avatar, etc...

What I'm thinking of (military) is :
    -Pilots running to their jets after a scramble...
    - Ground crew helping player to ignite his jet plane (engine start & preflight check)
    - Ground crew directing player for exiting a shelter & taxiing (and such)

Provided that there will be additional animations for such avatar roles (like gestures, waving of arms, etc)...
    My Military Flight Videos :

Hey, if you meet again that confused jet pilot tell him to come back in my package! :-D

Anyway... yes, there are a number of potential usages for the avatar figures - anyway, as of today, the actions they can perform are limited... maybe there is a way to add more actions and more animation, but the SDK is not much informative about this feature.

New Avatars for Prepar3D

Hi!

Am not quite sure if this is the right place, but I want to briefly inform you that new avatars are available for p3d.

There are 6 male and 6 female civil avatars, which are equipped with 16 standard animations: idle, walk, run, crouch, jump, swim etc.

To download a short registration is required: http://flusiboard.de/filebase/file/5...s-male-female/

Christian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Avatare.jpg  
    regards
    Christian

P3Dv4 - ASUS Z97 Pro i7 4770k@4.4 Ghz (OC) 8 GB Kingston HyperX XMP 1600 Mhz ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX 8GB

For a sophisticated flight simulation
    www.bahrometrix.de

Members who have read this thread: 0