Justflight Goes For The Hawk - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Justflight Goes For The Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Maybe next time. We had the pleasure of sitting in a couple of Jaguar cockpits on a Hawk research trip yesterday. Its certainly an aircraft that we'd like to do at some point
    Thankyou Martyn. Love the Jag but I'm also a fan of of the Hawk - so I'm very happy all round.

Regards

Mike

Been flying Dino's T-45 for years, but spend most of my time around the boat anyway. I have the beta DCS Hawk T.1, fun aircraft and will probably get this one if it's done right, pretty simply aircraft systems-wise.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

I'm a huge fan of the SkySim Hawk and I understand it is still available for sale and support is still provided by Rick Piper via e-mail.

What would make me invest in a new model is P3D and TacPack compatibility. Without either of these I won't buy.

Also, after the Tornado GR1 experience I will no longer be an "early adopter" of JF products (except for products from other development houses and only published by JF). I will certainly hold off making a purchase until the dust has settled. Lesson learnt!

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Maybe next time. We had the pleasure of sitting in a couple of Jaguar cockpits on a Hawk research trip yesterday. Its certainly an aircraft that we'd like to do at some point
    That would be realy great

Work is nearly complete on the external model, except for any additional variants which will be sorted towards the end of the project. Hopefully I'll have some early virtual cockpit previews to show soon.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hawk_1.jpg   Hawk_2.jpg  
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

It looks da' business! Could you post screenshots with the FPS shown please? Ta.

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    It looks da' business! Could you post screenshots with the FPS shown please? Ta.
    Why would you want to see the fps of an external only model? I can happily say I'm getting around 140fps and it's smooth as silk.

I assume that the question is being asked in reference to the earlier feedback regarding the Tornado, and it's an understandable concern. Although this is a dual cockpit aircraft, it is probably about a tenth as complex as the Tornado in terms of animations, visibility controlled objects (lamps, annunciations etc) and materials (textures). Those elements play a big part in the performance of any aircraft (FSX has many limitations) and therefore performance is expected to be greater than in the Tornado, probably somewhere in between the Tornado and Canberra, but we'll only be able to provide figures once the VC is nearing completion.

It is worth noting that the Tornado performance issues that were fixed by SP3 will not occur on future aircraft like the Hawk as the cause of that particular issue was found and addressed (more info here - http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post983698). With the Tornado we were constantly battling against the limitations of FSX but that won't be the case with the Hawk.
    Martyn

She's a beauty. I'm in.

Dave

Work on the VC is progressing well

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HawkVC_1.jpg   HawkVC_2.jpg  
    Martyn

I've been after a good quality hawk for a while now.
    I heard the vc in the skysim one wasn't great so I didn't get it.
    I'd like the black paint scheme as seen flying out of RAF Valley and through the mach loop + the red arrows paint.
    I7 3700k @ 4.5 ghz, 2 x 8 gig 2133ghz ram, Evga gtx 780 classified, samsung 840 pro 250 gig ssd for op system, Win 7 64 bit ultimate, Samsung 840 evo for fsx photo scenery, 600 gig wd velocraptor for fsx, creative XFI fatality sound card.

Quote Originally Posted by sleightflight View Post
    I heard the vc in the skysim one wasn't great so I didn't get it.
    SKYSIMS Hawk is still very impressive, a real leader in VC graphics on its release, I considered it better than the latter L-39 tho Rick disagreed with me in the cockpit, SKYSIM I felt it had that real feel evening comparing it to the Albatross , simply something about it, maybe the more Mil look.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    SKYSIMS Hawk is still very impressive, a real leader in VC graphics on its release, I considered it better than the latter L-39 tho Rick disagreed with me in the cockpit, SKYSIM I felt it had that real feel evening comparing it to the Albatross , simply something about it, maybe the more Mil look.
    +1 on the Skysim Hawk VC, still good now and looks great if you're using Occulus Rift. Mind you, I'll probably get the Just Flight one too...

Here are a couple of new pics showing the recently added HUD, GPS, missile control panel, smoke control panel and IFF unit

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HawkVC_1.jpg   HawkVC_2.jpg  
    Martyn

"Danger - do not pull handle" .... ya gotta wonder what it's there for if not for pulling...

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    This is one of the silliest things I've seen in these forums!

What would it matter? I know people have concern, after the initial bugs with the Tornado. Which were probably code related, not visual related.

There are thousands of different hardware and software configurations, tweaks, set-ups between people that run FSX/P3D. If you're worried about one aircraft add-on affecting your frames that poorly, it's time to either invest in new hardware, or seriously re-visit your configuration.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Hi all. We are now in the process of texturing the VC and are pretty happy with the results so far

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hawk1.jpg   Hawk2.jpg  
    Martyn

Martyn .. looking at that , honey I'm home

Before I forget, here are a few pics showing some of the progress on the Hawk.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hawk_vc_3.jpg   Hawk_vc_2.jpg   Hawk_vc_1.jpg   Hawk_vc_1.jpg   Hawk_vc_4.jpg  
    Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    "Danger - do not pull handle" .... ya gotta wonder what it's there for if not for pulling...
    I know that's spoken in jest, but you'd be amazed at how many people over the course of a jets lifetime, either use those handles for a handhold (to steady themselves getting in and out of the cockpit), or inadvertently grab them by mistake (a brain fart) or catch them on something on their person while moving around in the cockpit. In most cases they are pinned until the pilot arrives and no harm, no foul. . .BUT. . .sometimes there's always the unexpected and you don't get do-overs with the ejection system.

They should rather patch their current products: The EF does not change its weight with changing the weapons. It also has a "battery bug" with is not repairable.
    They only good thing at JF is their support. They know lots of their stuff has errors in details!

Quote Originally Posted by martin88 View Post
    They should rather patch their current products: The EF does not change its weight with changing the weapons. It also has a "battery bug" with is not repairable.
    They only good thing at JF is their support. They know lots of their stuff has errors in details!
    Tough crowd here today...

1. We do patch our products as demonstrated by the updates available in our support section
    2. I assume you are referring to the Eurofighter? The weapons on the Eurofighter are 'visual only' in nature - they were not designed/developed in a way which would allow them to dynamically alter the aircraft weight - and the product was not advertised as having that functionality.
    3. I'm not aware of the battery issue so can't comment on whether/why it's not repairable but if you can contact me with more information then I'll look into it
    4. It's worth noting that the Eurofighter is developed by an entirely different team to the Hawk covered in this thread
    5. Thank you for the kind words about our support team, we pride ourselves on offering excellent customer service
    6. We fix any bugs that we are aware of, or in the case of externally developed products like the Eurofighter, ask the developer to fix them. Feature requests such as 'weapons which affect aircraft weight' are certainly considered and implemented if possible.
    Martyn

Nothing you can't handle Martyn, that's obvious! And indeed: the customer service of JF is great.

Cees

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Just a few of the first (huge!) batch of W.I.P. liveries:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Members who have read this thread: 0