Vietnam for CFS2 Beta Release - Page 3
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Vietnam for CFS2 Beta Release

Quote Originally Posted by No Dice View Post
    No hurry on my part my friend,
    As many people as we have jumping in, I think this is going to be a very long term project,

At least I hope so.

Dave
    Dave,
    Good news. The self propelled guns imported into MCX without issue. I've exported them into 3ds models and will look at them in Gmax. They will need atleast 2 LODs and a destroyed model. should be easy enough.

Allen,
    Do we have a texture for a blown up tank in either CFS1 or 2?
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Peeing in my pants dude, I think that you may be able to skip a destroyed model and just have the original on Fire ??
    Does that make it easier ?

Dave
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

Lat Lon map discovery

Hello All mud pushers, mission writers or any one interested.

I found this great site that will give you lat and long anywhere in the world

Ignore that the link is to the Mekong River, a project I am working on to create the river,
    in order to set up scenery for mission writers.

Just drag the map to any where you want to see.

http://www.findlatitudeandlongitude....r#.VjKq6m5ZDix

Dave
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    Dave,
    Good news. The self propelled guns imported into MCX without issue. I've exported them into 3ds models and will look at them in Gmax. They will need atleast 2 LODs and a destroyed model. should be easy enough.

Allen,
    Do we have a texture for a blown up tank in either CFS1 or 2??
    CFS1 used a bomb crater and I do have the CFS2 vehicle destoyed model in gMax fourm. I'm attaching it.

Attachment 30790
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

got it Allen, TY. That will save a step or two.

They import into Gmax just fine. I've got one in and activate the textures. They look good for EOD models. They will need atleast 3 LODs. maybe 4 if we use them as vehicles.

Allen,
    If you'd like I can send you a copy. You're better at the mapping then I am.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

You can but what is wrong withe the mapping?

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    When am I not overloaded. LOL

DV,
    Its up to you. Without Allen's help I'd never have done what I have. So no problem on my end.

Allen,
    I have an idea for the Zuni's. So if you do take it up, let me know.
    Alrighty, So then. Allen? Would you be able to create a zuni similar to the one in the picture?
    If you need real world dimensions...I can get them.
    Dv

Dosen't look to be too hard but I have been wrong. Wiki has the dimeter and length. The only thing I'm not sure about is if length is for with fins out or fins folded.

EDIT:
    What Mk and warhead are you wanting? Each seem to have a deffent length. The Alpha F-8 seem to have Mk-71s with Mk-32 Anti Tank HE warheads.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    You can but what is wrong withe the mapping?
    Mapping the LODs. I believe it will be alright. We will see.

Dosen't look to be too hard but I have been wrong. Wiki has the dimeter and length. The only thing I'm not sure about is if length is for with fins out or fins folded.

EDIT:
    What Mk and warhead are you wanting? Each seem to have a deffent length. The Alpha F-8 seem to have Mk-71s with Mk-32 Anti Tank HE warheads.
    A Mk-24 would be great. General purpose warhead. This Link has some good info. Dimensions included for warhead length. Overall length would be 1.752 meters from my guesstimate.

You would have creative license of course. :-)

Thanks Allen,
    Dv

Allen,

I can't get the damage model to export. I'm using the FS2002 SDK. Should I make it as a MDL or a bgl. right now I'm trying to make it a BGL.

Blood_Hawk
    Why won't it export? One things is your nomal model and damaged/destryed model must have matching lods. So if your tank uses 100 50 and 25 you must have destryed models that use LOD 100 50 and 25.

Every one.
    Here is the Zuni Mk-16 GP. Something looks off to me but I'm not sure why. Includes CFS2 ready and gMax model and related files.

Attachment 30800

Every one.
    Here is the Zuni Mk-16 GP. Something looks off to me but I'm not sure why. Includes CFS2 ready and gMax model and related files.
    Whoa, that was fast. She looks really good!
    I try to never look a gift horse in the mouth but I see what you mean about "Something looks off". Would it be possible to do some, um-mm, how would one say, tweaking?

The length looks perfect. But the diameter is large. Proportional maybe? I'm no gmax whiz so don't know how much work is involved.

Here's a pic with zuni and aim-9 next to each other. The aim-9 also has a 5" diameter body, the same as the FFAR.
    Just to give an idea...

Thanks, Dv
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image1.jpg  

Allen,

Half your Dia. In Gmax dia is measured from the center. So if your dia is .025m and you used .025m. Then use .0125m and you will have the correct dia.

So in this case the dia is 5" or 0.127m; make it 2.5" or 0.0635m. Other wise you end up with 10" across. I found that out while making my WWI bombs.

As far as the damage model goes... They are both currently at LOD_100. The undamage model will export fine. I haven't been able to compile yet because of that.

I fell for the old Dia. VS Radus prob. I thought that was wrong and Saw that this morning at 6:30ish when dvslats posted the pic.

Now attaching a fixed version.

Attachment 30826

I don't know why they did it like that. It has bitten me more than once.

Radus should be half of Dia. but it looks like a few people get this confused and post the info wrong and we follow that info and also get it wrong!

48.800 N, 118.612 W. North Central Washington State, USA

Vietnam for CFS2 Beta Release

Fellas, before we jump into the deep end, I had a thought. (Yes, it does happen to me infrequently.) I loaded up my Flight sim archive HDD and did a little checking. Has anyone else got the Alpha sim modern weapons pack? I do, and before we re-invent the wheel, could someone take a look and seee if any are Vietnam era?

There's amother pack that has evn more, I just have to remember what it's named and I'll dig it out and check it too.

Steve

P. S. Dratted spelling errors, must be the keyboard, couldn't be the cider.
    Last edited by Wayland; October 30th, 2015 at 11:01. Reason: Postscript
    AAF Lament:

"Glory! No more regulations!
    Rip them down at every station!
    Ground the guy that tries to make one!
    And LET US FLY LIKE HELL!"

From "There I Was...Flat On My Back" by Bob Stevens

Tune: Battle Hymn of the Republic

Quote Originally Posted by Wayland View Post
    Fellas, before we jump into the deep end, I had a thought. (Yes, it does happen to me infrequently.) I loaded up my Flight sim archive HDD and did a little checking. Has anyone else got the Alpha sim modern weapons pack? I do, and before we re-invent the wheel, could someone take a look and seee if any are Vietnam era?

There's amother pack that has evn more, I just have to remember what it's named and I'll dig it out and check it too.

Steve

P. S. Dratted spelling errors, must be the keyboard, couldn't be the cider.
    I believe that one is more from the 80's and 90's. Not that some of them couldn't be used.

We would have to check the scale. Also many early weapon packs that were made with FSDS have their scale either too big or too small. Something to think about.

48.800 N, 118.612 W. North Central Washington State, USA

Vietnam for CFS2 Beta Release

Roger that BH. The other modern pack was done by Bononzie and Chris Coarse, looks like it has everything from about 1960 on. Useable... maybe.

I'm slogging through the manuals, but they all seem to be pre-1967 with addenda through 1970, which means that the realistic, useful data ends about 1968. I'fe isolated the Mk 20 and Rockeye dispensers, so far, continuing from there.

Steve
    AAF Lament:

"Glory! No more regulations!
    Rip them down at every station!
    Ground the guy that tries to make one!
    And LET US FLY LIKE HELL!"

From "There I Was...Flat On My Back" by Bob Stevens

Tune: Battle Hymn of the Republic

I fell for the old Dia. VS Radus prob. I thought that was wrong and Saw that this morning at 6:30ish when dvslats posted the pic.

Now attaching a fixed version.
    Beautiful Allen. The tube section looks perfect now. But, I just placed her on a pylon in the dp and guess what...the warhead faces to the rear. (heading)
    Sorry, I should have done this before.
    Instead it was just opened in mcx to have a look.
    Could you please flip 'er.

Dv

Oops...

This is what I get for multi multi multi tasking. 3rd times a charm right?

Attachment 30839

Allen,
    Can you check that damage model. I may have to make a new one.

I checked it before I sent it to you. It open just fine. I used it for many of the CFS1 Vehs as they didn't have damage models when I rebuild the whole CFS1 Library for CFS2.

Not sure what happened to it.

I ended up making a new one. Basicly took the botton of the M107 and made a damage texture. It looks ok.

Here is the model in game.

M107 175mm Self propelled gun (static).

Not sure I like the barrel. Other then that it looks good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails M107SP-1.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 4