Times that I miss. Long live SOH

Thread: Times that I miss. Long live SOH

Times that I miss. Long live SOH

I've not been actively involved in the forums, or flight simulation in general for that matter for quite some time. My coming here over the years led me to meet (virtually) some very nice folks. Members I learned a LOT from through those times, that helped me grow within the hobby. In some areas I would have never thought I'd go.

Long live SOH.
    Thanks for the fun over the years.

Contribution sent
    OleBoy

hey olboy,very nicely said.thanks to you and to all who hang here.

Blog Entries
    hey thanks
    Look What I Have Become!

Thanks for the sentiments, Ole Boy. I too, have not been active with flight simulation for some time now, but thanks to this forum, I do try to keep up on things; plus the non-flightsim topics are often quite interesting. NC

Oleboy, great to see you still hanging out my friend. Miss you on TS and in the design forum. Thanks for your continued support and contributions to the community.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Thanks Don.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

My most fond memories are all before CFS-3 and FSX were released.....Fun times!

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post

Panther, you made a name for yourself. Not many sim pilots have a type of "landing" named in their honor NC

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    I know CFS3 was fun for some folks, but it is awkward to expand. FSX has become wayyyyyyyy over-commercialized, to the point of being a money-pit. Makes me miss FS2002.

Dick

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    There seems to be only a short list of combat flight sims out that are any good. Il-2 '46-(old too) Rise of Flight, WOFF,Third wire series,DCS series, all the different versions of CFS3 and a few more. I don't even bother with Flight sims. Things must go BOOM to keep my attention !

I still laugh when I think of everyone putting their beer on Henry's tab here at SOH . I still see he jumps in here on occasion . A Brit turned Cajun . Now that is a combination that would be hard to beat . Henry , if you read this I hope you're getting along fine and wish you the best of luck and good health .

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Ickie and Willy remembers. Trogfighters/CFS1 days of intense fun. CFS2 and IL-2 series. Gone but still fondly remembered in times of reminisce.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Thank God for ALL here at SOH, very grateful for this site.
    A Great bunch of folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Panther, you made a name for yourself. Not many sim pilots have a type of "landing" named in their honor NC
    NC , is this up to the certain retired SOH Admin standards ? They are so pi__ed at me at PHNL they didn't even send the emergency equipment out plus the flight instructor is not too happy with me either .
    Does this mean I just flunked this part of flight school and I have to walk back to Kaneohe ?

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PHNL panther.jpg   PHNL panther 3.jpg   PHNL panther 2.jpg  
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Members who have read this thread: 0