50% OFF sale at FSD

Thread: 50% OFF sale at FSD

50% OFF sale at FSD

FlightSim Developers are having a 2-day sale:

http://www.fsd-international.com/sale.htm

The discount code is TAKEFIFTY.

Hehe, I think I can find something to buy during this sale. How's their P-38?

SOH-CM-2023
    Too bad one has to go through the whole account setup process FIRST in order to pay with PayPal, which gives them all the info they need. No, Thank You. I'll keep my money until I only have to give an email address, press PayPal and download.

Didn't even know FSD was still in business.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

I thought they were long gone. Their stuff has to be getting out dated by now.

Don

Talking about a blast from the past!

Those ac are not up to par with current standards, but might be fine for those with few demands
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Save your money . These guys are so last century !

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Bought some of there stuff in the past, the way past, and registered with them. Got an email every other day about a sale until I junk mailed them. There stuff was pretty nice for the time but haven't released anything new in a long long time.

I got tired of paying my money and then being treated like a pirate. Their paranoia isn't worth the price... and it's dated price today anyway.

Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

I have to echo the sentiments of most. I finally opted out of their e-mail updates. As has been mentioned, they no longer produce aircraft they simply push the old stuff every so often. The problems that surfaced a few months ago trying to get their "New" installer to work on the YF23 (which didn't by the way), and then getting the same old rhetoric from them that there was nothing wrong with it. . .it must be something you're doing wrong, finally wore thin. They had some good aircraft at one time but they aren't worth the hassles you run into if anything at all goes wrong with their ridiculous installer system.

Well, I paid my $10 for their Bonanza.

I was able to download the installer, but they didn't send me any license info, so I'm stuck waiting for their email support.

I have their P38. Just reinstalled to my new computer. A couple of names and passwords, installed fine. Still a pretty descent aircraft.

I was honestly intrigued by the Navajo, but then I noticed hat it's not FSX native. Bit of a shame.

FWIW I never had any problems with their installers. Everything worked as it should have from the get go. Dumb luck probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    I was honestly intrigued by the Navajo, but then I noticed hat it's not FSX native. Bit of a shame.
    I bought the Navajo when it 1st came out & was well & truly pleased (pre FSX). It was one of the finest models in my hangar. Last week I was rummaging through some backup disks & found the Navajo & was pretty excited as I installed. Alas the excitement was short lived. It is very dated, not FSX native & pretty much a waste of the HD space.

It did fly very nicely & the soundset was still good... Not good enough to take up any HD space though & it was promptly deleted after a single lap around the airfield. I should qualify this by saying I am a bit of a aircraft snob. I am certain many would still be pleased with it.

They made good stuff back in the day. They should quit bleeding this turnip & get back to developing or at least updating their models.
    Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

I too unsubscribed to their email list. Can't get too excited about a sale of their inventory.

I guess I'll be flying their PC-6 Porter until Marcel releases his version.

Obie

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I bought the Navajo when it 1st came out & was well & truly pleased (pre FSX). It was one of the finest models in my hangar. Last week I was rummaging through some backup disks & found the Navajo & was pretty excited as I installed. Alas the excitement was short lived. It is very dated, not FSX native & pretty much a waste of the HD space.

It did fly very nicely & the soundset was still good... Not good enough to take up any HD space though & it was promptly deleted after a single lap around the airfield. I should qualify this by saying I am a bit of a aircraft snob. I am certain many would still be pleased with it.
    Thanks for the insight.

I wouldn't really mind the visuals, TBH as the package seems to offer quite a bit "under the hood" stuff.

Members who have read this thread: 0