Airplanes and Movies and more

Thread: Airplanes and Movies and more

Icon18 Airplanes and Movies and more

Many here have had some interest in movies or TV shows that feature or contain glimpses of airplanes. For some time there has been a basic resource (IMDb - the Internet Movie Database) that sometimes contains a bit of info about the use of aircraft.

Now someone has created an Open Source site that focuses purely on aircraft in the media:

The Internet Movie Plane Database (IMPDb) which can be found here: http://impdb.org/index.php?title=The...Plane_Database

There is a list by type and there might be a few that surprise you - either the type or what it appeared in...

Check out the "Unidentified" page. A lot are hard to see or identify but you might recognize a couple. There is the ability to contribute so go for it.

Have fun!

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

It looks like it's missing some info, for instance 50 Shades of Grey has a Eurocopter EC130 (although in the books it's an EC135) and a Flugzeugbau DG-1001.
    Larry

that site has been around for several years..it should have the .org thingy,if you click on that on the upper right it takes you there...same site,but its a homepage if you will,plus it has a sister site for cars,which i read often.i see a car i dont know on a movie,and i go there and look it up.very usefull.

Interesting sight; Thanks for posting.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    It looks like the missed the best B-52 movie if them all, "A Gathering of Eagles". The best movie of what life was in SAC in the 69's. Wish it was available on DVD.

The database also missed a great movie with Glenn Ford and Suzanne Pleshette called, "Fate Is The Hunter".

Because the plot of the movie involves a aircraft crash, no aircraft manufacturer would allow their aircraft to be used in the making of the movie. So several parts from different aircraft were used to make a composite plane. The following article is quite interesting:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fate..._Hunter_(film)

There's also one for helicopters

http://www.rotaryaction.com/a.html
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

Members who have read this thread: 0