New Nvidia drivers

Thread: New Nvidia drivers

New Nvidia drivers

I've tried three times to install the 355.98 drivers.
    three times the computer has restarted immediately, and the install has failed.

Beware.

Dave

Blog Entries
    i had the same problem yesterday
    Look What I Have Become!

Why to bother if the old ones work (and not being a developer)?

Blog Entries
    Why to bother if the old ones work (and not being a developer)?
    aha, my long time thoughts
    I do not ever being able to see any difference
    Look What I Have Become!

Your correct, you guys shouldn't bother. These drivers are for someone that wants to get the most out of their sims.

Blog Entries
    I installed 355.98 when I got the update notice. Install went fine with no negative reactions in FSX or P3D 2.5.

I do however have quite a few display related issues. Example, if I put the computer in sleep mode I always get a corrupted screen when I wake the box up. This could be attributed to the display driver, but I think more likely it is related to Windows 10.

I just ran a driver scan and am downloading 356.04 now. I'll bump back in with the results.

I know that driver updates can be a terrifying experience, but I must acknowledge that the current Nvidia drivers in Windows 10 and P3D 2.5 render the best graphics I have ever experienced. If I survive the P3D 3.0 upgrade I'll be relatively content.

Edit: 356.04 installed...no issues that I can see.
    Last edited by gman5250; September 23rd, 2015 at 09:06.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

I installed updated drivers....long story short, resulted in me having to start in safe mode, uninstall anything Nvidia, restart in safe mode again, run CC cleaner, reboot and install old drivers back in.

Not these new ones, but the previous issue caused me no end of problems with BSOD. I suppose my card is just too old for them to care about - GTX 660Ti. And who loves these constant nags from the taskbar - Geforce Experience updates available. Aaargh! - Take your updates and shove 'em where the Sun don't shine.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

SOH-CM-2020

NVIDIA - try a custom/clean install

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    I've tried three times to install the 355.98 drivers.
    three times the computer has restarted immediately, and the install has failed.
    The last 3 or 4 lost of updates from NVIDIA have given me trouble (including 355.98). I've found the solution is (using NVIDIA GeForce Experience in my case) to do a custom install, not an express install. You get an option during custom install to do a clean install. It warns you that you'll lose any profiles - I don't have any so that is no problem. I get it to do the clean install and everything is fine.

Hope that helps,

Steve

Windows 7 Home Premium 64; CFS2

I cant' trust software (geforce experience) to update my drivers. It just feels like a bad, bad idea with lots of potential f-ups and loose ends.

I just uninstall everything nvidia, reboot, install new drivers (that I downloaded myself), reboot again, delete the setup files taking precious ssd space, and test.

Members who have read this thread: 0