Flight Replicas Me-262 FSX/FS9

Thread: Flight Replicas Me-262 FSX/FS9

Flight Replicas Me-262 FSX/FS9

I have a couple hours left on 10% Off Tuesday at PC Aviator so let me throw out a quick question. Anybody who has the Flight Replicas Me-262 A/B package in FSX (or the earlier FS9 package), how do you like the plane?

I like it, mainly for the weedy first-generation jet flight model. Fly it by the manual or you're scrap metal. VC and external model are good and once you've got the airspeed up she's fine but this is early German turbojet technology and flies like it. Did I mention the long time to lose airspeed for landing? Always a challenge, but that's why I bought it!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Thanks Hairyspin, the online reviews were favorable but I wanted feedback from somebody here at SOH.

Hi

i also have it and agree with Hairyspin. Once airborne it flies fine but you need to make decisions about the engines ahead of time. And she still looks absolutely gorgeous 70 years on.

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    ...but this is early German turbojet technology and flies like it.
    Powered climb out, then going into candle mode before gliding back to base and crashing full of 20mm holes shortly before the treshold?

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    I have a couple hours left on 10% Off Tuesday at PC Aviator so let me throw out a quick question. Anybody who has the Flight Replicas Me-262 A/B package in FSX (or the earlier FS9 package), how do you like the plane?
    I like it and second edition is very, very nice but FM is so hard ; >. Model needs a trim a lot.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I've got it and for the most part they work fine FSX SE. I do have an issue that the gauge face for the altimeter doesn't show up but haven't sorted it out yet. Tooltips gives me altitude if I need it for now.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    I, too, like it very much. Certainly the best 262 in FSX for me.

Members who have read this thread: 0