salt_air headed home in the long lost P-40

Thread: salt_air headed home in the long lost P-40

Icon26 salt_air headed home in the long lost P-40

Jeeze .... look at the time will ya? ... Hope Miss Nellie's been in a good mood .... kinda crowdin' this deadline.

Crack-O-Dawn, let's get a move on .... finally recaptured my P-40N and it's actually in better shape that it was when it got stolen.

Southbound ...

I am taking off from RP0G and going to WAMH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fs9 2015-09-13 07-45-47-04.jpg  
    salt_air

That's what you get when you assume .... I thought the local was hollering Long Island over the scratchy radio ....

He was actually trying to tell me that I was headed for the wrong island .....

Turning West
    salt_air

I have landed at airport WAMH

[The shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line .... write this down .... somewhere on the panel perhaps]

FlightLog_08-37-50.TXT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_08-37-50.JPG  
    salt_air

Yeah mateys I'm not going to get this done before the deadline.

Hat's off again to Miss Nellie and her brilliant committee for throwing this Terrific event at us to enjoy .... I sure did .... three times and this small piece.

I'll hang a few snaps ... in an additional post or two ... of the "Lucky 13" in the next few days.

Mostly on and around Noemfoor Island (Kornasoren WA0K in FS9) to make the commemoration that I initiated a little more proper.

All the best to everyone of the participants as well .... Great fun following the threads.

Cheers,
    salt_air

A few screenies from Noemfoor Island

Returning from an early morning patrol .... flying a right hand pattern to RWY 27 WA0K

Turning to base ... need to get the pinup art out of the day's sunlight .... she ain't dressed for a lot of that.

A sun in the face look through a pair of field glasses at the tower ... er uh, tent would be a better description ... just to very who it is.

The Flight Sargent is on short final

Parked now .... to be serviced while the pilot catches a quick nap before the next mission

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fs9 2015-09-15 19-22-34-25.jpg   fs9 2015-09-15 19-19-42-83.jpg   fs9 2015-09-15 19-30-20-66.jpg   fs9 2015-09-15 19-34-01-35.jpg   fs9 2015-09-15 19-36-42-14.jpg  
    salt_air

That P-40 is fine looking ride. I was going to enter Flight Replicas RAAF version for another run, but ran out of time.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Thanks .... I think so too.

I had accumulated all of the pieces to build a 2D cockpit, lacking in the Iris model, but the time just gets away.

Great fun .... maybe a similar style event sometime .... in a different theater.

Always a blast with Miss Nellie's Committee here at SOH
    salt_air

Members who have read this thread: 0