Gauge help needed

Thread: Gauge help needed

Gauge help needed

HELP!!! Can anyone direct me to or build a WWII era gauge that reads 20 Knots max? Simple round dial with glass front is all that's needed for U Boat panel.

I don't know if any one is building new gauges and I have never seen a gauge with that low of a speed number.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Perhaps , u can doit! This program was sent to me by other member. With scale maker and GAUMP2 u can make ur own gauge starting from an other working gauge. If u need help with these programs , PM to me.
    Cheers
    Mario
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hit hard, hit fast, hit where it hurts and keep hitting.

Mission,
    Thanks for the programs. Unfortunately all I have is standard Paint in windows. I can create the .bmp's I need but I can't combine them properly. If I give you the .gau file name and parameters can you make the gauge?

All Gau2BMP dose is dump the images of the gauge as bmp that can be edited than loaded back onto the gauge. MS Paint can do this or get somthing like Gimp or Paint that are free that can do more.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-and-Resources

Quote Originally Posted by _486_Col_Wolf View Post
    Mission,
    Thanks for the programs. Unfortunately all I have is standard Paint in windows. I can create the .bmp's I need but I can't combine them properly. If I give you the .gau file name and parameters can you make the gauge?
    Sure! I can give it a "try", only need a gauge that mach with 40 knots or his equal in miles per hour or km/h, and we change the scale. But I dont know where we can find such gauge. If can I remind... the BSK Malta bus has a speed meter..."DHasi_mph" gauge. Some one have idea where we can find it?
    Mario

I have a jeep gauge from a CFS1 Jeep done by Hubbabubba. It runs up to 95 MPH.

Mission,
    Maybe I misunderstood the Scalemaker program. I thought making a scale with the min value and max value of 0 knots and 20 knots respectively would make the gauge read that way. Otherwise, if both programs only create .bmp files and do not change the min and max values of the gauge we would need a gauge that already have those parameters to begin with. But from what I can get from the "sample" read me in scalemaker it does seem to indicate that whatever values you set for min/max will be what the scale reads.

Looks to me as another BMP editing tool.

As for making gauges this thread may help http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/thr...gauges.428151/ and if the Ivan in the fsdeveloper thread is the same Ivan whe have down in the sub-basement (CFS1 fourm) it could give you hope of making FS98 gauges that work just fine in CFS2.

Allen,
    From what I can gather from those threads the only way to make a 0-20 knot gauge is with C++. This is so far beyond my capabilities I'm going to have to give up for now and use the digital readout airspeed indicator.

I going to go out on a limb and say that the Ivan in the fsdeveloper thread is the same we have here. They both end there post the same way with "- Ivan."

Hit him up with a PM and see if they are the same and if yes could he help at all.

I miss Moparmike...

We need his magic!

Quote Originally Posted by _486_Col_Wolf View Post
    Mission,
    Maybe I misunderstood the Scalemaker program. I thought making a scale with the min value and max value of 0 knots and 20 knots respectively would make the gauge read that way. Otherwise, if both programs only create .bmp files and do not change the min and max values of the gauge we would need a gauge that already have those parameters to begin with. But from what I can get from the "sample" read me in scalemaker it does seem to indicate that whatever values you set for min/max will be what the scale reads.
    OK! If u only need a speed meter, u can use the gauge mentioned by Allen, if u need it in knots , for that is scalemaker. Just replacing the bmp file with gaumbmp2.
    The speed indicated would be which ur boat really has. U only need to mach the scale with angle deflection of the needle.

Allen , can u post please that gauge here? I`ll see what i can do.

Mario

Just a thought....

..I do not have the file but didn't TR once do a pilotable U-Boat that had a panel? Perhaps it may have the gauge you want. Also there are some other pilotable ships out there maybe they have the gau. that can be adapted to what you want.

Fibber,
    This is all part of TR's Uboat and VN's Gato. I've mixed and matched so many parts of these to create two pilotable Uboats (Types VII and IX) with torpedoes and a deck gun. The panel you mentioned is there but there was no speed gauge. I painted the panel with a big brass ring and put a digital speed gauge inside it. This works for now but any improvement to make a gauge look like an old needle gauge like the one mentioned above would be appreciated.

I'm also creating campaigns and missions for these Uboats where you're hunting shipping in the Atlantic. I've modified so many ships and planes to make this work, my head is spinning LOL. I've made ships that fire at the Uboat with cannons instead of flak guns, armed merchant vessels, planes that attack the Uboat with cannons that mimic depth charges in drop angel and velocity...the list goes on and on. Hopefully, when I'm done with the finished product it will be good enough to upload here. Since so many things have been modified, I created them all in a separate install named Uboat Commander and I would recommend anyone who wishes to D/L it do the same.

Oh well.....

..it was just a thought. Wasn't aware that you were already using his boats and I really thought the knot-meter was in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I going to go out on a limb and say that the Ivan in the fsdeveloper thread is the same we have here. They both end there post the same way with "- Ivan."

Hit him up with a PM and see if they are the same and if yes could he help at all.
    Hello All,

I just came across this thread a little while ago.
    Is there still interest or need for such a gauge?
    If so, I need to have an example of what it would look like.
    There are no promises that it would work, but if other FS98 style gauges work, then this one probably will as well.

If you don't get a response from me here, send me a PM.

- Ivan.

Members who have read this thread: 0