JF Lockheed Electra released! - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: JF Lockheed Electra released!

Thanks, Pilto - good to know the mixture orientation is correct (had wondered if that was the case given the vintage of the aircraft).

Do you know of any plans to change the prop lever orientation, which currently gives high RPM when up against the "low RPM" marker?

Must have been a pretty confusing cockpit to work in, with the prop and throttle levers going one way and the mixture levers going the other way...
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

JF are planning an SP.

Alan_A, did you have a chance to check if the ILS functions or not. No response from my earlier post. Not sure if its something that Baz and team need to address in a patch, or if its a weird install on my end.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

The RMI will be addressed in the SP.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    The RMI will be addressed in the SP.
    Radio Magnetic Indicator?? Is that the same as the Radio Compass, item 7 on page 8? And that will also address the ILS gauge, item 8 on page 8?

Just checking my terminology..
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Let's just say that the ILS issue will be resolved.

@Warhorse - apologies, have had zero flightsim time since that first Electra flight, so I haven't had a chance to test or report back. But it sounds like something needs to be fixed... and is in fact being fixed. Which is good news.

@bazzar - good news about the JF service pack. Looking forward to it.

-- Saint-Exupery

yes - this Electra is a terrific model - too nice to leave out, and it looks like the squawks are being addressed.

easy to start, easy to fly, and a good view out of the cockpit...I'm glad I bought it for sure
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

finally found what went wrong with my paint:

it seems one of the texture files doesn't like white alpha's, so if anybody else thinks of painting the Electra: no white alpha's!

no to finish this one:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Nice one Jankees.

still trying to do a few more paints for the Electra:

though the textures are not always cooperating:

does this happen with anyone else, or am I the only one?

I Guess Amelia darling Is still lost..Is there a Paint in her memory??..Casablanca and Amelia made this plane famous..Casablanca great....Hoping for Amelia..Thnx!

More than anything else, I´m hoping for the darn update/patch/bug-fix to be finished.

I bought this AC a week after it came out and I dont use it since day 2 because of the amount of bugs it has.

When that has been made, I will start using the AC, and after that I may start thinking about repaints and screenshots. But I have a feeling that it could be a long wait. Just look at what is happening with the Justflight/AH patch for the Fokker F27.

Don't forget their Dc-8. Another absolute disaster that's still waiting on a service pack to fix basic issues. I too fell into the trap and bought the F.27 and Electra but no more. Just flight/ developer not getting another cent from myself.

Cool, let's everyone hate AH/JF.

Come on, they have a valid point promised servicepacks are not showing up. New release do. Please do not hide behind JF think as developer you have a (big) say in when and how a update will be made and released.

Please prove them and me wrong and speed up the proces of the updates of our products (released through JF).

Thanks,

Marcel
    F-27 owner

Personal experience, and opinion on purchased products doesn't equal hate.

We do not hide behind anything or anybody. We have no control over when updates are processed at Just Flight. We only know that we do them as quickly as possible, within the confines of our workload as a small company.Our own products do get update releases as fast as possible. If that is not good enough for you or you think we give poor value then I suggest you ask for a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Come on, they have a valid point promised service packs are not showing up. New release do. Please do not hide behind JF think as developer you have a (big) say in when and how a update will be made and released
    Please prove them and me wrong and speed up the process of the updates of our products (released through JF).

Thanks,

Marcel
    F-27 owner
    Might I point out a couple of simple facts for the collective complainers?
    And JFTR I have no connection with ANY developer!
    First, the number of 'We want whatever' threads are numerous and esoteric, hardly the type of subject to go viral in the Commercial market.
    The amount of effort involved when it comes to developing an aircraft for FSX is very intense, more so as expectations are simply so high for a complete 'experience'.
    Commercial realities mean a product may be launched with a minor bug to be resolved, nothing new there, it happens all the time in the 'Real World' .............................any VW Golf buyers care to elaborate?
    If a reputable developer acknowledges problems and states they have fixes on the way then learn some patience and let them get on with it.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Might I point out a couple of simple facts for the collective complainers?
    And JFTR I have no connection with ANY developer!
    First, the number of 'We want whatever' threads are numerous and esoteric, hardly the type of subject to go viral in the Commercial market.
    The amount of effort involved when it comes to developing an aircraft for FSX is very intense, more so as expectations are simply so high for a complete 'experience'.
    Commercial realities mean a product may be launched with a minor bug to be resolved, nothing new there, it happens all the time in the 'Real World' .............................any VW Golf buyers care to elaborate?
    If a reputable developer acknowledges problems and states they have fixes on the way then learn some patience and let them get on with it.

Heck...I'm still waiting for fixes on a 2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser! Fixes on virtual aircraft are a 1000 times faster! Good post WOMBAT
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post

So how long would you consider a decent waiting time for a Aircraft patch?
    Over at Justflight there´s a thread about the F27, where someone is saying that AH made the patch long ago, but he justs need to write a new manual. Thats been like that for some month. That is not very good energy. And I dont care how many times he says "I´m sorry"

In the end its very easy and very personal, if a develloper/publisher dont deliver what you think they should deliver, then stop buying from them. I have a feeling that the Electra has a lot of potential, so when I found out I couldnt live with the way it was released, then I decided to ground it. I havent even looked at it since day 2 after my puchase. That way, maybe, one day in the future, I will use it and be happy with it. If I use it the way it is, it will just annoy me and will stop using it. That has happened before.

For whatever it's worth - I had a couple of e-mails this week from Just Flight concerning bug reports I'd filed. One of them concerned an engine-shutdown issue that, when it came to it, they couldn't duplicate and neither could I. Probably a transient controller issue. But it indicates that 1) there are people at JF tracking bugs, 2) some of the bugs are single-user experiences, and 3) not all of them turn out to be findable or fixable. I'd love to get an SP sooner rather than later, but I can't say that I feel neglected or ignored. My $.02...

-- Saint-Exupery

When the update comes, let's have it right, so let's give AH/JF some slack so we all get what we want!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    When the update comes, let's have it right, so let's give AH/JF some slack so we all get what we want!
    if they get the interior lighting sorted out I'll be happy...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Members who have read this thread: 3