JF Lockheed Electra released! - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: JF Lockheed Electra released!

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Couple more pics from the Brands Hatch paddock on my last outing. Sorry for the thread hijack all !
    Please keep this thread on topic. The car is beautiful and interesting. More pics and discussion should maybe go to the Cantina. Thanks
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Will do + humblest apologies!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Well the only problem I reported here was an inability to keep nav lights on but with taxi and landing lights off. Evidently this is still an issue.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Apologies for my initial enthusiasm about the SP - should have checked some of the still-unresolved issues more thoroughly. After more exposure: an enjoyable package, but still some rough spots.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    Apologies for my initial enthusiasm about the SP - should have checked some of the still-unresolved issues more thoroughly. After more exposure: an enjoyable package, but still some rough spots.
    I think there must be a service pak for the service pak coming. ???
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

as to the interior lighting...the panel has post lights for the gauges but they still do not light up...only the big pink spotlights come on when 'panel light' switch is actuated...

also - I had a heck of a time getting it off the ground at KOAR - a sea level airstrip
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Thanks for the feedback so far. I've passed the details to the developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    Unless someone else has already mentioned them here, please report any issues that you consider to be unresolved either here or directly to our customer service team so that they can be logged/fixed.
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    as to the interior lighting...the panel has post lights for the gauges but they still do not light up...only the big pink spotlights come on when 'panel light' switch is actuated...

also - I had a heck of a time getting it off the ground at KOAR - a sea level airstrip
    Currently I think the night-lighting consists only of floodlighting from the two red spotlights on the rear wall of the cockpit. Are you looking for gauge backlighting?

Unfortunately I can't reproduce the takeoff issue. I managed to takeoff at KOAR in 1/3 of the runway length with no flap.
    Martyn

Some quick remarks
    - when the plane is idle on the runway, the tail wheel is not in contact with the ground : could you suggest the updated values to set for the corresponding contact point (and/or a static_pitch)
    To illustrate my request.

Gérard

I don't have the Electra although the rear wheel contact point can only need changing by .1 of a foot at most, judging from your screenshot, quite possibly less than that. Don't waste time adjusting static height for a flyable aircraft model, it won't sort that kind of problem.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Hi Gerard,
    I don't have this aircraft (yet), but if you post the tailwheel line from the contact points (usually the first one) we can suggest an amended value to fix that gap. As Hairyspin says, it will be a small positive adjustment to the vertical position value (the minus one, from memory the third or fourth value in the line).

One assumes you haven't got some strange load settings (pilot only, near zero fuel and baggage in a forward compartment?) that has all the loaded weight at the front of the aircraft (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Currently I think the night-lighting consists only of floodlighting from the two red spotlights on the rear wall of the cockpit. Are you looking for gauge backlighting?

Unfortunately I can't reproduce the takeoff issue. I managed to takeoff at KOAR in 1/3 of the runway length with no flap.
    Not guage backlighting - this panel has small posts located above each guage and these stubby little posts should have lights in them that illuminate the dials...however these posts do not light up. There is no reason to ever fly with the cockpit lights on..so it would be nice to have it fixed if possible.

as to the takeoff - i had the prop levers in the wrong position - my bad
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    still trying to do a few more paints for the Electra:

though the textures are not always cooperating:

does this happen with anyone else, or am I the only one?

jep,if i restart the sim then it show right..............

indeed, it is something I still don't quite understand.
    Both pics show the same textures, I only changed the model= line in the aircraft.cfg. I now only use the model with the .m at the end, otherwise things go wrong as you can see. And it is not my textures, I tried it with exactly the same textures left and right, same problem..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    I don't have the Electra although the rear wheel contact point can only need changing by .1 of a foot at most, judging from your screenshot, quite possibly less than that. Don't waste time adjusting static height for a flyable aircraft model, it won't sort that kind of problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Portia911 View Post
    Hi Gerard,
    I don't have this aircraft (yet), but if you post the tailwheel line from the contact points (usually the first one) we can suggest an amended value to fix that gap. As Hairyspin says, it will be a small positive adjustment to the vertical position value (the minus one, from memory the third or fourth value in the line).

One assumes you haven't got some strange load settings (pilot only, near zero fuel and baggage in a forward compartment?) that has all the loaded weight at the front of the aircraft (?)
    I know how to do it and I can do it, but I wanted to bring the attention to small kirks which may be linked to a faulty packaging.

- In the initial version, there was an aircraft.cfg AND an aircraft_.cfg
    There was also in the model.m directory a zip file containing
    - two mdl files
    - another zip file contenaining a .gau file
    I finded it surprising, but ...

- In the update there are still the same extra files (no modification), and the new aircraft file seams to be a modified version of the previous aircraft_.cfg, with an added [fltsim] section whose texture folder is missing.
    As a consequence, all [fltsim] descriptions of the original aircraft.cfg are lost

It looks like there have been a mixup of mods...

My intention is not to blame - I was an IT developer and I knows by experience that this can happen - I just want to help.

If you find that this post is inopportune, please delete it - I will have no problem.

As I have posted on the other Electra thread an SP is being developed. However, it seems the basic value in this package as been totally forgotten. When launched it was $18. Compare that with comparable packages and you get it all for the price of a few cups of coffee. This ends my commenting on the Electra. Please watch for updates at the Just Flight site. Thanks to all for the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    As I have posted on the other Electra thread an SP is being developed. However, it seems the basic value in this package as been totally forgotten. When launched it was $18. Compare that with comparable packages and you get it all for the price of a few cups of coffee. This ends my commenting on the Electra. Please watch for updates at the Just Flight site. Thanks to all for the comments.
    of course the Electra is a tremendous model for the price...many addons with more squawks than this one are priced much higher.
    when I spoke of the lighting,as always, I want to make sure it isn't something that IS working properly.. but that I am missing somewhere in execution.
    As I said initially - it would be nice if the panel post lights worked, but it isn't anything that will keep me from using the Electra in FSX
    I look forward to any improvements you would make available to JF, but please know that I already appreciate AH in general and the Electra in particular
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    indeed, it is something I still don't quite understand.
    Both pics show the same textures, I only changed the model= line in the aircraft.cfg. I now only use the model with the .m at the end, otherwise things go wrong as you can see. And it is not my textures, I tried it with exactly the same textures left and right, same problem..
    will try with the model.m
    i try to make a buffalo-airways for this one

also,love your paints,thank´s

cheers ralf

thefrog, heywooood, jankees, gaab et al.

All of your feedback, and the feedback contained in the 'VOR navigation in the JF Lockheed Electra V1.01' thread, (which is welcome and appreciated by the way ) has been logged and as Bazzar has pointed out we will shortly be issuing an updated service pack which incorporates additional fixes where necessary.
    Martyn

Anyone got any sound issues with the Electra?

The engine volume inside the VC is EXTREMELY loud compared to standing next to the aircraft. Every time I switch views, my wife (and dogs) jump through the roof;-)

Otherwise I like it very much
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    thefrog, heywooood, jankees, gaab et al.

All of your feedback, and the feedback contained in the 'VOR navigation in the JF Lockheed Electra V1.01' thread, (which is welcome and appreciated by the way ) has been logged and as Bazzar has pointed out we will shortly be issuing an updated service pack which incorporates additional fixes where necessary.
    May be, I did not say it clearly - I am in love with your Lockheed - my comments are only to help get it even better.

Thanks to Bazzar, Airplane Heaven, Justfly and you for this great aircraft.

Gérard

No matter what: this plane is great to fly, and certaily is great value for what I paid for it. Thanks AH!

Cees

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post
    Anyone got any sound issues with the Electra?

The engine volume inside the VC is EXTREMELY loud compared to standing next to the aircraft. Every time I switch views, my wife (and dogs) jump through the roof;-)

Otherwise I like it very much
    That my friend appears to be a fault with FSX itself. I found that even with default aircraft the engine noise was softer outside than in the cabin. and strange as it may seem it also applies to biplanes.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    That my friend appears to be a fault with FSX itself. I found that even with default aircraft the engine noise was softer outside than in the cabin. and strange as it may seem it also applies to biplanes.
    Thanks Pat. I'm aware of that issue in FSX, but never had it this bad with any other aircraft. It's simply unusable as it is for me
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Are previously described problems fixed with latest update(s)?

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

Members who have read this thread: 3