JF Lockheed Electra released! - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: JF Lockheed Electra released!

I picked this up last night too... only had a few minutes to look over before I had to hit the sack...

I noticed the engine control levers' motion to be a little confusing, as already stated here. The elevator trim tab moves correctly as far as I can tell, or do I totally misunderstand how the thing is supposed to work?

What I also noticed:

Only the battery switch makes a sound when moving it, no other switch seems to have any sound

The left hand pilot window does not open fully, unlike the right hand pilot window. The mouse movement to get the left window to open is up/down with an activated left click, but the right window is moved with a held left mouse click by moving the mouse left/right.

It seems difficult to move the magnetos between both L and R to off. There seems to be no switch detent or stop . I would have thought that these make a definite click noise when being switched from off to L/R and then both (can't remember the correct order)

Is it me or are the sounds a little lacking in bass? Okay, I am comparing with a few YT videos, but the engines sound a lot throatier in those clips...

Which variant has the more modern blue/brown artificial horizon gauge that was previewed in the pre-release screenshots? I could only see the old-style unit from the 30s...

A
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Did any of the Electra's have a three bladed prop? Thought I remembered seeing one?
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

haven't found a single pic of a 3 blader.
    Nice model, I like it:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Spanish Civil War version.
    Nice work Bazza!

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Danged excited to see this released ..

Sounds like I'll wait until the post-release fixes are done. Seems to be a trend these days..

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Its one great looking model

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

@bazzar - I sent a squawk to JustFlight, per your suggestion. Hope they'll take note of what needs to be fixed.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Is there a list of things to be fixed?

I'm not able to get the ILS or ADF to function. Not sure if I'm missing a step or switch somewhere.

Other than that, it's an enjoyable addition to the fleet.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Is there a list of things to be fixed?

I'm not able to get the ILS or ADF to function. Not sure if I'm missing a step or switch somewhere.

Other than that, it's an enjoyable addition to the fleet.
    A few things - none of them showstoppers. Lights not behaving according to the switches. Prop and mixture levers that seem to have reverse orientation. Some complaints about prop textures. I had an engine that refused to shut down but I haven't heard of anyone else experiencing the same. Things of that nature.

I had an ILS needle working last night when the frequency was selected in Nav 1 and the switch next to the OBI/RMI gauge was set to Nav 1. Didn't check the glideslope, wound up doing a visual. I had the needle in the OBI/RMI indicating about 30 degrees off from where the VOR was supposed to be at one point, but that might have been an FSX issue or just me not fully understanding how to use the period gauge, so I'm not confident saying that's a problem with the aircraft.

On the whole, I agree - an enjoyable new aircraft.

-- Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post
    Did any of the Electra's have a three bladed prop? Thought I remembered seeing one?
    lots of three bladers

https://www.google.com/search?q=Lock...3LjpX6vMYsM%3A
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
    Henny Youngman

Just did some short flights to verify that there is no ILS. Even starting with another aircraft and switching to the Electra.

Also, it appears that the ADF is pointing opposite of where it should. Good think I know where to find Boeing Field.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Now that I think about it, the ILS needle was deflected fully left, and that happened to be the correct orientation for the localizer, so I assumed it was working. But once I set up for the visual to enter the pattern and land on the opposite runway, I stopped looking at it. So I'm not sure it was responding to anything - maybe just a coincidence that the localizer and the deflected needle were in the same general direction.

Had better go check that.

-- Saint-Exupery

About the propellers, it seems to me that they are a bit low in RPM at maximum power... What do you think?

anyone know what the difference is between the two aircraft.cfg files?

active one is aircraft.cfg and the other is labeled aircraft_.cfg
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Nice shot!!
    Thank you! the screenshot illustrates a peculiar feature. The cockpit glass reflection sometimes disappears.

VH-UZO coming in...

paint is here
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

while working on a second paint, I encountered something weird:

why are the painted bits black on one side of the aircraft? The textures look the same in photoshop and as bmp's, the alpha's are the same, the metal looks the same, it's just my paintwork that is black. And it is white on the bmp file... Tried saving again, pulled them through dxtbmp, still the same? Any ideas, anybody?? Never had this before...

Icon23 Electra

.... heck of a deal for $18 bucks, well done A/H !

Cheers.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
    .... heck of a deal for $18 bucks, well done A/H !

Cheers.
    Which converts to $A30.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

It's actually AU$25. What would you have us do Pat? Sell it for $7? It wouldn't be out there at all., neither would we.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    while working on a second paint, I encountered something weird:

why are the painted bits black on one side of the aircraft? The textures look the same in photoshop and as bmp's, the alpha's are the same, the metal looks the same, it's just my paintwork that is black. And it is white on the bmp file... Tried saving again, pulled them through dxtbmp, still the same? Any ideas, anybody?? Never had this before...

Jankees: Odd problem. First things to test if it is the paint or the spec or in fact the bump have you temporarily changed the names of the left and right textures ? Secondly since we moved from using DXTBMP to a "tga>imagetool>dds workflow" a few years ago we no longer have this problem. What was happening was that DXTBMP was saving out dds's with an unknown alpha. Open up the DDS in Imagetool and see if this is also happening. Lastly if you're looking for a painted look and are modifying the spec images then this might be the issue. The spec is being shaded/affected by the normal layer. And that might also be an area to look at. If you're modifying the normal maps and the file format it is being resaved in is either off or not properly saved through DXTBMP then that could be a place to look. We're available on help@aeroplaneheaven.com for more texture geekery

To all:
    The mixtures will remain as they are. Heres a lovely shot of the cockpit that was used in conjunction with others as the main reference for this rendition of the electra.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails el_mixtures.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 3