JF Lockheed Electra released! - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: JF Lockheed Electra released!

I think you missed the joke!!

Nose up trim should have the elevator trim tab facing down. Are you saying this is wrong? Airflow under the elevator will hit the tab forcing the elevator up.

I thought you meant the trim wheel. If you trim nose up on the Anson, the trim wheel animation is forward (houses get bigger) and that's definitely wrong.

Pity there's no BOAC paint otherwise I'd have this now.
    ATB
    DaveB

downloading my Lockheed Now

does anyone here do vatsim? i am going to fly once mines Done if anyone wants to join me
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Ok - then it must be correct - odd that the trim tabs would show that much deflection but the elevator hardly to none at all... But yes I am forgetting that the tabs are attached to a moving part - doh!
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Installed the Electra. Not bad. A couple of quirks here and there, but a pretty good aircraft.

Yep, the elevator tabs as well as the prop and mixture levers are reversed from the throttle...throttle is as should be while the prop and mixture are acting as full but showing minimum in the sim.......otherwise a very nice model and flight dynamics.......good value...just small niggles to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I think you missed the joke!!

Nose up trim should have the elevator trim tab facing down. Are you saying this is wrong? Airflow under the elevator will hit the tab forcing the elevator up.

I thought you meant the trim wheel. If you trim nose up on the Anson, the trim wheel animation is forward (houses get bigger) and that's definitely wrong.

Pity there's no BOAC paint otherwise I'd have this now.
    ATB
    DaveB

indeed, my apologies to all...

Does it have 3d volumetric props?

Quote Originally Posted by ksheadley View Post
    Yep, the elevator tabs as well as the prop and mixture levers are reversed from the throttle...throttle is as should be while the prop and mixture are acting as full but showing minimum in the sim........
    I don't have the aircraft yet (will shortly) and don't know it in depth, so I may be off-base here, but... any chance that the reversed prop/mixture orientation is correct for the period? This was sometimes the case with other 1930's aircraft - early-mark Spitfires come to mind. Seems like a pretty big bug to miss in testing, so I'm wondering if it's actually correct. Hope an Electra-knowledgeable person can let us know.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

For the repainters out there, you can download the paintkit directly from here.

It looks great and much kudos for that, but I seem to be having issues with the electrics. I can't turn off the taxi and landing lights while keeping the nav lights on. Anyone else having this same issue?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Yep, nav light switch on, lights up the nav and landing lights on the aircraft not the ground. Taxi light switch does nothing. Landing light switch on, lights up the ground and a dim strobing landing/taxi lights on the aircraft nose.

Yokes can be toggled off individually using the switches beneath the transponder. Switch marked "TGY1" will toggle pilot's yoke, "TGY2" toggles the co-pilot yoke.
    The switch labelled "QSTART"will enable quickstart for cntrl/e starts. All in the manual.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Now if only the value of the $A would improve.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Thanks a lot bazzar. Will get mine as soon as I get home from work....Next on the list...the Aztec...

Dan

Few quirks, lovely plane.

Getting the same lights issue as described above, and with the trim, and I don't seem to get any response from my keyboard assignments for trim at all - difficult to tweak flight while viewing the beautiful model in external view while popping repeatedly to the VC to adjust pitch. Other than those two things, so far am really enjoying this plane - am thinking a virtual Pacific Alaska Airways is about to be born on my machine.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Now if only the value of the $A would improve.
    Yes, this my problem on a number of fronts . The Aussie$ seems to have taken a nose dive of late. Have to wait for the sales I guess.

Interesting situation re the dollar. What a heck of a lot of people don't realise is that a high Oz dollar is bad for Aussie businesses. Especially if like us, you export goods and sell overseas.We actually need the Oz to be as low as possible then if the US or Brits buy we get more income. When we started AH for example, the dollar was at 55 US cents and 33 British pence. Those were the days...

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Does it have 3d volumetric props?
    No, and the prop effects "flicker" at all settings. Could use some improvement here, like the AH B-17.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Back from a first short flight. Really nice aircraft. Dripping with atmosphere - my kind of ride. Bit of a handful in the air - doesn't like to settle down. So it may not take the place of the DC-3 in my hangar. Nevertheless, a nice addition to the fleet.

Quirks - I'm getting the lights issues as reported by others. Re: the prop and mixture settings, the mixture levers are clearly reversed from modern orientation - back = full. The labeling confirms that this is correct. The same is true of the prop levers, but here, unlike the mixtures, the labeling says that full back = low RPM, which isn't how they behave. Am thinking that the orientation is correct and the labeling is wrong, but will need others to confirm.

One additional item - on shutdown, the number two engine kept idling in spite of mixture at cutoff, mags off and fuel off. I had to turn off the master switch to get it to stop. Wondering if anybody else is seeing this.

It's quite nice even with these niggles, and once they're fixed I think it's going to become one of my regulars. Good job, AH.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    Yes, this my problem on a number of fronts . The Aussie$ seems to have taken a nose dive of late. Have to wait for the sales I guess.
    While the low $A may be good for some it is terrible for those on fixed incomes.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Nice plane indeed! But I have some lttle bugs with the electrics too, in particular, it seems to me that the pilot panel lights switch doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    While the low $A may be good for some it is terrible for those on fixed incomes.
    Well Pat, unfortunately we can't have it both ways. A high Aussie dollar will just have one effect on all Australian goods (including ours) ... the prices will have to rise.

Just a quick note on customer feedback. We are getting quite a few emails from people re the Electra which is always nice but.... Please, please, please make sure that any issues are reported to Just Flight, rather than us at AH.

The reason is very simple. The decision on when and where a service pack or patch is made will obviously be Just Flight's not ours, this is now a Just Flight product. So they need to have the feedback to enable them to compile a service pack report for us to make the necessary changes. If they are out of the loop as it were, we are going to get a lot of confusion.

I found a shot online that would tend to confirm the prop pitch, throttles and mixture are conventional.. all back for off/lowest setting.. all forward for highest setting. I've tried linking to the shot but it's playing up!!

http://www.tocna.cz/wp-content/uploa...9.37.42-PM.png

Ah.. hope this works.
    ATB
    DaveB

On the list...

Members who have read this thread: 3