Aerosoft F6 - Lightning is out......
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aerosoft F6 - Lightning is out......

Aerosoft F6 - Lightning is out......

FYI
    Looks interesting. I am tempted, but my CC is getting a workout this month.....

Bill

Yeh just got mine. Very generously you can get the F6 for 12 Euro if you got the F3 pack previously...you just have to put the F3 product code in at the appropriate point in the purchase process... thank you Dave!

Matt

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Im not sure, but it looks like F3 recived too TacPack Function...

"A new “Major Update” newly released for the Aerosoft English Electric Lightning brings the package to version 2.0, adding support for VRS TacPack, plus a number of other updates and additions.The TacPack integration includes support for both missiles and guns, as well as adding a radar screen and collimating the HUD. Fixes and upgrades include updated textures and loadsheet, plus additional animation for the hand controller and DX10 compatibility. "

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I just checked and there is a version 2.0 update for download in my account.

Yes, that is correct - a lot of the improvements / additions made during the work on the F6 have been applied to the F3, so if you're an F3 owner and haven't got the F6 yet (why on earth not???) it's worth re-downloading the F3.

Argh! I bought mine from FSPilot shop so I doubt I can get the discount. However, Aerosoft's a great company and will support without the discount. Thanks for the heads up.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

SOH-CM-2023
    How about that !! This was an American aircraft built by General Electric !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails f6.jpg  

Sound problem

While checking out the latest Aerosoft Lightnings, I noted a problem with the sounds.

Several of the models for both the F.6 and F.3 packages are aliased to other models, and there is an error with the sound.cfg likely due to a last minute name change of the aircraft file folders.

For example, my original install had the sound.cfg as follows: alias=Lightning F6_ferrytank\Sound

It should actually read: alias=Aerosoft Lightning F6_ferrytank\Sound

Need to add "Aerosoft" to the alias line as Aerosoft Lightning F6_ferrytank is the actual folder name.

You will find the same issue with version 2.0 of the F.3 Lightning package.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    Shome mistake, shurely?
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

What's that you say?

Only a British designer would put two cannon immediately in front of a fuel tank.....

Dave

In this case I will give them a pass, with the lightning, the ventral tank is probably empty by the time you finish taxing out

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    While checking out the latest Aerosoft Lightnings, I noted a problem with the sounds.

Several of the models for both the F.6 and F.3 packages are aliased to other models, and there is an error with the sound.cfg likely due to a last minute name change of the aircraft file folders.

For example, my original install had the sound.cfg as follows: alias=Lightning F6_ferrytank\Sound

It should actually read: alias=Aerosoft Lightning F6_ferrytank\Sound

Need to add "Aerosoft" to the alias line as Aerosoft Lightning F6_ferrytank is the actual folder name.

You will find the same issue with version 2.0 of the F.3 Lightning package.
    Fix from Aerosoft:
    http://forum.aerosoft.com/applicatio...t.php?id=69490 F3
    http://forum.aerosoft.com/applicatio...t.php?id=69489 F6

10 euros for the overwing tanks? Is there more?

Quote Originally Posted by William Njurmi View Post
    10 euros for the overwing tanks? Is there more?
    Different shaped wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Geomitrak View Post
    Different shaped wings.
    Bigger fuel tanks, More powerful engines.
    The pilot has two brain cells instead of the earlier one.

Lightning pilots were strange animals - two eyes for situational awareness, one for the radar and one permanently on the fuel gauges......

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Lightning pilots were strange animals - two eyes for situational awareness, one for the radar and one permanently on the fuel gauges......

Dave
    He he

So just to clarify, now that it is Tacpacked, can you refuel from drogue tankers or is it still the airspeed and altitude technique?

I dunno about that joe bob as I don't have TP but I just flew v2 F3 from Culdrose to Valley (it aint that far believe me) and still had 20% fuel remaining. That's only 24% less than the F14 I'm hangin' on to the JF F6 for now as with that.. I have enough fuel to run up 'The loop' too though I still need to fuel up at Valley.
    EDIT: No.. just done the same flight in the JF F6 and landed at Vallery with 78% remaining. Eco-Interceptor!!

ATB
    DaveB
    Last edited by DaveB; September 9th, 2015 at 13:47.

Is it just me or is the Tackpack integration kinda bad? The approach to loadouts and so on is really old fashioned where you have to reload the aircraft and select different models.. :-/ Otherwise I really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scandinavian View Post
    Is it just me or is the Tackpack integration kinda bad? The approach to loadouts and so on is really old fashioned where you have to reload the aircraft and select different models.. :-/ Otherwise I really like it.

TacPack integration is everything it should be - given the loadout options the pilot actually had to work with.

For primary armament, in UK service you had a choice of either RedTop or Firestreak missiles. Two-of, as asymmetrical loading wasn't permitted. No other options other than 'None'.
    Secondary weapons were just the guns. These were always fitted (but not necessarily loaded) for Squadron duties. There was one aircraft I remember that didn't have guns at all. It had an extra fuel tank instead - similar to the F2A. It was used by the LTF for long range(!!) target duties. You can select this option from the model choices. It's not part of TacPack.

The other model choices are due to the option for overwing fuel tanks. These were not used for most of the service life of this aircraft (F6 only), and are not part of TacPack anyway.

If you want bombs and Matra pods - you'll have to wait for someone to produce the F53/T55 variants (as above). These are not planned at this time (so far as I know). The developer's had enough.

Dave

I think he meant the actual interface was a bit clunky, rather than the weapon choice. The aircraft loads with one type of missile, and you can change it to the other, but then can't change back. Similarly you can remove the overwing tanks, but have to reload the model to get them back. Not a big issue, but could be more refined.

Overall, I like it.

SOH-CM-2023
    just out of curiosity -- on the real aircraft, were the external tanks permanently attached or could they be jettisoned??

just out of curiosity -- on the real aircraft, were the external tanks permanently attached or could they be jettisoned??
    They were originally designed to be fitted with explosive bolts, I believe. Personally, I wouldn't be happy with an explosive that close to a fuel tank - even if it only had vapour in it.
    When they were used at the end of service, they were a permanent fixture.

Dave

SOH-CM-2021
    My wife's sister's husband was a propulsion engineer in the RAF, and worked on Lightnings at RAF Binbrook. He told me that some pilots were so cramped after spending several hours in the air, that they had to be lifted out of the cockpit. Not a very comfortable office, and with air to refuelling, they could stay aloft for a long time.

One thing that I find strange, is that RAF fighter pilots are referred to as Jockeys, and jockeys in the horse racing world, are referred to as Pilots. Jets or horses? Take your pick.

D.

Blog Entries
    Having sat in aLightning's cockpit myself (there's one at the air museum at Inverness airportthat you can sit in), I can well believe this story, because I was very worried as to whether I could extract myself, and I'm not especially large (6').

I was also told at the time that there was a very good reason that they were called fighter jockeys, because that was about how big they had to be, any bigger and they'd have lost their legs in the event of an ejection.

Alongside the Lightning they also have a Buccaneer, and by comparison, you could hold a ballroom dance in that!

Ian

Members who have read this thread: 0