Aerosoft F6 - Lightning is out...... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aerosoft F6 - Lightning is out......

Fairly sure it's called the English Electric Lightning and not General Electric in the day the British were looked upto in the world of aviation.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    I7 3700k @ 4.5 ghz, 2 x 8 gig 2133ghz ram, Evga gtx 780 classified, samsung 840 pro 250 gig ssd for op system, Win 7 64 bit ultimate, Samsung 840 evo for fsx photo scenery, 600 gig wd velocraptor for fsx, creative XFI fatality sound card.

Yep.. it is English Electric. It would have been better had they put GEC on the cover.. at least that's a British company I wonder who was responsible for that faux pas??

ATB
    DaveB

Actually finally got my hands on it, and once I re-educated myself on starting it up, is actually a blast to fly. Seems to be a bit less "nerve wracking" then say the AS F-14X, or Milviz F-4, to fly. In both of those it always seems that I am on verge of turning the jet into a law dart, whereas the Lightning seems to want climb forever....

In terms of if the question if the folks in Fairfield CT had anything to do with it. Of course not, the "Frightening" is purely UK, through and through. Hey, Aerosoft is in Germany right? Maybe some form of a "devious German plot", yeah, that's it...

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    I think he meant the actual interface was a bit clunky, rather than the weapon choice. The aircraft loads with one type of missile, and you can change it to the other, but then can't change back. Similarly you can remove the overwing tanks, but have to reload the model to get them back. Not a big issue, but could be more refined.

Overall, I like it.
    Correct, sorry if I was a bit unclear.

I wouldn't mind a ground attack version produced in the future. I guess ground attack in the Lightning would be a nice challenge.

Just wondered why this release thread hasn't been stickied... it's great.

Matt

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    They were originally designed to be fitted with explosive bolts, I believe. Personally, I wouldn't be happy with an explosive that close to a fuel tank - even if it only had vapour in it.
    When they were used at the end of service, they were a permanent fixture.

Dave
    I can believe that, Dave. If they didn't do that, the elevators and/or vertical tail would get wiped off when they were released -- snf then the "jockey" gets to the exit door !!

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    I can believe that, Dave. If they didn't do that, the elevators and/or vertical tail would get wiped off when they were released -- snf then the "jockey" gets to the exit door !!
    If you look at the trials aircraft the tanks have a couple of fins at the rear end , this was to ensure safe seperation. But jettisoning stores in flight is always a risky business .. especially when they are on top .!
    There was also worries about stressing the wings with the explosive release (equal and opposite reactions !) Although all the trials were successful, it was decided that the aircraft could never get itself into a situation whereas the safest bet would be to leave them in place. As the mounting was the ERU, to avoid any mishaps we simply didn't electrically connect them. As they were now fixed the fins were removed which saved a lot in drag.

It's nice here, innit?

Dave

It would be great if they included an AI adversary option like they did with the F-14. In fact It would be great if they just produced a separate product to do it with what ever aircraft you chose.
    Their F-14 made it difficult to fly interceptors like the Mirage 2000 and not want something to intercept and fly formation on.

It is pretty remarkable what Aerosoft has done with it though. I looked back in my records for the serial number and saw I paid 26 dollars for the F3.

I just picked this up, first lightning I have bought. Still learning the startup but enjoying it.

Flying it out of Tindal YPTN which is normaly home for our F18 and I read somewhere that the F22's have come for a play over. Looking for a correct base that I should be going from if one of you knowledgeable English chappies could make some suggestions I would be most thankful, either freeware or payware, just looking for a well done base.
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Hello,

When I was much younger than I am now, my grandfather took me to an air display at RAF Leconfield
    where I believe Lightnings were based.
    This topic is quite new and might give you what you want.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ght=leconfield

Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by AusWilko View Post
    I just picked this up, first lightning I have bought. Still learning the startup but enjoying it.

Flying it out of Tindal YPTN which is normaly home for our F18 and I read somewhere that the F22's have come for a play over. Looking for a correct base that I should be going from if one of you knowledgeable English chappies could make some suggestions I would be most thankful, either freeware or payware, just looking for a well done base.
    Team SDB has a couple payware sceneries with Lightning AI.

-- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I would love to have that book were , it was a painting/drawing of the Lightning , that was the the mid/late 1960s .. the book is well gone now I would say, it was at the Avonhead Primary School , even then in Standard 1 and 2, I knew I was looking at a real machine!

Thanks guys
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Granted, you can't see much of it but this is SDB's Leconfield taken a couple of days ago (typically wet).

A few moments later.. this chap pulled up alongside..

Slight changes were made to the afcad as the original is setup for MPAI Lightnings which use a smaller footprint than the JY Lightnings you see in the shot. The odd one out is me in the Aerosoft model. I think the MPAI Lightnings look more like Migs!! I've a relatively full house up the road at Binbrook too.
    ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 0