Milviz F-100D Progress Shots (WIP) - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-100D Progress Shots (WIP)

Quote Originally Posted by CP1207 View Post
    From what I have seen in the MILVIZ mix over the years- Colin is an insufferable pr..., or something.
    I might not want to have a pint with him, but his products that I own have been at or above expectation.
    He's actually a really cool guy, and very generous. I spent some time with Colin and Diego at the USAF museum at Warner Robins AFB doing research on 3 planes that Milviz is building models of, and I thoroughly enjoyed the time spent with those guys...oh, and we hoisted a few pints, too Also, I've been on the Beta team for 5 years, and he's a good boss man. However, if you steal his models, all bets are off.

Agreed. I've been on the beta team since 2012, and I finally actually talked to him over skype the other night. Very cool guy. We've got to remember that forums and facebook are terrible ways to communicate non-linear ideas. It's tough. body language voice inflection, all lost. He's a super nice guy in RL.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

If need a wallpaper with MV F-100D: http://s25.postimg.org/4frhrxw4t/F100_tapeta2.jpg (save as from context menu, or take it here: https://www.sendspace.com/file/za6n55 ) pending to this model .

(edited for wallpaper)
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

"Sabre Dance"

Because I'm a Sabre's FAN....wrong Sabre's.

Because this is such a great looking airplane and going to be another fine Milviz reproduction, I offer some additional information about the "Sabre Dance" in the following link - http://www.sabredance.net/whathappened.htm . An interesting read!
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    Because I'm a Sabre's FAN.... An interesting read!
    That is a good insight, the mention of the footage getting used in Hollywood, I recall the movie but cannot remember the name of it ... "a Sabre FAN" one thing I love about the MILVIZ F-86 is its flying feel in the cockpit , but to read about the incident and the man caught in it really gives it some, us, a memory knowing a little more on what happened .

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    That is a good insight ... "a Sabre FAN" ...
    Sorry for the ambiguity. The first line was sort of a "play on words" or a pun. In addition to being a fan of aviation, I am a fan of hockey. For reasons relating to my misspent youth I am a fan of the Buffalo Sabres.

The page I linked to also contains other links that contain related information; such as how Hollywood used the video of the Lt. Brooks accident in several films. The one you are thinking about is "The Hunters".

All in all, I'm really looking forward to the Milviz Super Sabre and will try to get aileron reversal in ground effect during my first couple hours.
    Jay
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    Sorry for the ambiguity. The one you are thinking about is "The Hunters".
    All in all, I'm really looking forward to the Milviz Super Sabre and will try to get aileron reversal in ground effect during my first couple hours.
    Thanks , Ill have to dig that movie up .. they were flying F-86s but used the footage, think I'll be joining you in test flight mode ... course has to be Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    ... course has to be Edwards
    Roger that Ian.
    Jay

So that footage is of the C model. The -D has a larger wing/wing area. Aileron coupling was obviously still an issue, but I think it was more so in the earlier models. Although high alpha, and slow are still bad regime to be in.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

May the Force be with You.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MustangL2W View Post
    Cannot Wait to fly the Super Sabre.... Where is the SEA Camo scheme?? Phan Rang, Phu Cat, Bien Hoa, Tuy Hoa. These places are all calling their native "HUN!"
    Sea or Asia camo scheme? Why not!
    (notice: WiP still)

Last edited by YoYo; December 31st, 2015 at 11:55.

I'm just gonna throw this out there again. I know these are all WIP shots. . .I know weathering is an art in and of itself, something I don't even bother with because I'm not good at it. You guys are very good at it and that's great but in all the years I worked on F-100's stateside and overseas (including a short stint in Nam) I never saw airplanes that were "that" dirty. Just food for thought and everyone has their own preferences. . .JS.

Hi,

Though we certainly do not wish to contradict you in any way, we do have proof that the aircraft did, actually, get quite dirty "in situ".

However, it's important to note that right now, the amount of contrast is quite high and that will lower the amount of "dark" areas when we fix it. As well, of course, Colin is a big fan of dirt and so, that's what we do.

We do hope that you, all of the potential clients, will love our rendition.

Thank you

Kat

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I'm just gonna throw this out there again. I know these are all WIP shots. . .I know weathering is an art in and of itself, something I don't even bother with because I'm not good at it. You guys are very good at it and that's great but in all the years I worked on F-100's stateside and overseas (including a short stint in Nam) I never saw airplanes that were "that" dirty. Just food for thought and everyone has their own preferences. . .JS.
    Hello,
    So see this, more dirty and with leftover of paints. Some like it some not.
    It's a model for sure, and the weathering's idea is to fool a little the eye also (weathering it isnt only dirties but shadowing, fading, scratches ect). You know this, You are the painter too. : >

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi,

As well, of course, Colin is a big fan of dirt and so, that's what we do.

We do
    Me to!

Example: my most dirty repaint: http://images78.fotosik.pl/197/91807ed4da11d08d.jpg : D (btw. Im not MV painter).

... BUT for those who don't like a lot of dirt and shadowing, scratches ect. MV model will bring also "Fresh factory" repaint + paint kit (doubtless). Do You like more clean aircraft? Perhaps this "skin" will be for You:

Regards!
    Last edited by YoYo; January 1st, 2016 at 00:22.

There's a great difference between weathering and dirt.
    My first tour in SEA was almost at the end of the 'Hun's' operational stint and the few I had the good luck to get a look at were worn but never neglected.
    If you feel the need for some weathered subjects that is fine but strike a balance between clean aircraft and operational wear and tear, crew chiefs were fussy about their charges and never allowed them to become dirty.
    I'll use the appearance of our 'Tracks' in RL and the plastic modelling fraternity's efforts as a comparison.
    For example, my Troop (indeed, the entire Squadron) kept most of our kit stowed ins the hull, with a few items in the limited space provided by the external bins.
    When the 'Koalas' (Centurions) finally arrived they followed the same routine.
    Reason: Dense scrub and Bamboo thickets just removed anything stowed outside a bin!
    Of course, most 'Armour Modellers' follow the 'Francois Verlinden' rule book and hang anything and everything off their 'shake 'n bake' assembled efforts ........... I'll get 'orf me soapbox now!
    Last edited by wombat666; January 1st, 2016 at 12:35. Reason: Extra information
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    I'll use the appearance of our 'Tracks' in RL and the plastic modelling fraternity's efforts as a comparison.
    Not F-100 but like pl.modelling too: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ghlight=u-boot .

My first tour in SEA was almost at the end of the 'Hun's' operational stint and the few I had the good luck to get a look at were worn but never neglected.
    If you feel the need for some weathered subjects that is fine but strike a balance between clean aircraft and operational wear and tear, crew chiefs were fussy about their charges and never allowed them to become dirty.
    Pretty much what I have seen, not only with the F-100 but right up to the last ones I worked on. . .the F-16's. Crew Chiefs "are" very fussy about their airplanes as a rule and pride themselves on maintaining not only an operationally safe aircraft system-wise but also a "Clean Steed" and use every spare moment going over the aircraft to keep it looking as good as possible given it's age. I won't be purchasing this airplane, but I'd still like to see that those who do have a choice at least and it sounds like they will.

There's also heat related injuries to the paint, especially on F-86 and F-100 aircraft that have been run more than a few combat hours...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

hey Milviz F-100 Super Sabre When Release date?

Quote Originally Posted by tjsdn1375 View Post
    hey Milviz F-100 Super Sabre When Release date?
    When it's finished.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

When it's finished.
    oh OK!!!!! Wombat good!!!

All I can provide are screenies gents...i hope you enjoy them!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Fw-236

MV F-100D FW-236 gets some elbow grease. (WIP)

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Members who have read this thread: 1