New CFS2 Avenger - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New CFS2 Avenger

Hooray! Thank you Wolfi!!! I'll be able to start building again!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

WF TBF Avenger VT-19

It’s done!
    After 2 years the first Avenger is uploaded
    WF TBF Avenger VT-19
    Special thanks go to Captain Kurt for his help, making the textures, DP, airfiles, and the 2D cockpit. I know this is a lot of work also.
    I have to say thank you to Stefano “Kelticheart” who made the blurred prop texture. He didn’t make it especially for this model (initially it was for the Vultee Vengeance) but it fits this aircraft also. So Thanks Kelti, and recover soon…
    I included a Weapons pack and a Gauges pack only in this first upload to make the installation of this aircraft easier.
    My subsequent posts of different versions of the TBF Avenger models will need these packs.

Credits for the weapons:

Alternate rocket rail Mk4 is originally by Bismarck13 modified by Captain Kurt to fit the TBF
    db_us_wep_v2a package is by DBolt
    Depth Charges package is by Baldy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Upload_TBF_Avenger_VT19.jpg  

One sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)

Thank you sir!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

TBF Avenger VT-19

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: TBF Avenger VT-19

This is the first upload of my TBF Avenger Model. Because of the modeling limitations, a sim model cannot be a 100% accurate scale model. However, I tried to make it as framerate friendly as possible and as accurate as possible. It is a true CFS2 model, with breaking parts and bullet hole effects.
    The model contains 3 LOD (levels of detail) models and a Virtual cockpit. At first, it had a shadow model, but I deleted it
    after testing because it caused a significant framerate drop when more than 8 aircraft are used.
    Special thanks go to Captain Kurt for his help, making the textures, DP, airfiles, and the 2D cockpit. I know this is a lot of work also!

I have to say thank you to Stefano “Kelticheart” who made the blurred prop texture. He didn’t make it especially for this model (initially it was for the Vultee Vengeance) but it fits this aircraft also. So Thanks Kelti, and recover soon…

I included a Weapons pack and a Gauges pack only in this first upload to make the installation of this aircraft easier.
    My subsequent posts of different versions of the TBF Avenger models will need these packs.

Credits for the weapons:
    Alternate rocket rail Mk4 is originally by Bismarck13 modified by Captain Kurt to fit the TBF

Credits for the Gauges:
    AAF_Gauges.gau is by Scott Jelinek
    bomb_bay_lt.gau is a FS98 gauge unknown author
    EmergencyBrake.gau is a FS98 gauge unknown author
    rww2-radAlt.gau is a FS98 gauge unknown author
    PROP2ERKADF.gau is a FS98 gauge unknown author
    PROP2ERKCOM1.gau is a FS98 gauge unknown author
    Military_RMI.gau is a FS98 gauge by 1999 Melville Consulting

Now, have fun when flying the Avenger
    More TBF models along with other paint schemes will come soon. This will also include a stock CFS2 Avenger replacement.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit TBF Avenger VT-19
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Ta!

Superb work there Wolfi (and team), many thanks for a great new model..

Looking forward to thrashing her about.

Cheers

Shessi

Thankyou Wolfi!

What a nice surprise! And such good timing. You couldn't know it but this is 65 for me. So I plan to enjoy getting her loaded up tonight. Many thanks!

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Vielen Dank, Wolfi!

Thanks so much for all of the time and effort you devoted to this project Wolfi! She's beautiful!

Looking forward to subsequent posts of different versions!

Cheers,
    MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Icon22 Reply...

Wolfi,

Outstanding job on the first model, thanks! It is absolutely a joy to fly!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Oh my GOSH! One of two of my favorite Navy planes of WWII!! My avatar represents the other.

Thank you for the good work. But my rockets work as bombs 8 they wont start, they fall like a Bomb ) and the Mark 13 Torpedo don#t work.

but all in One a nice plane, thank you for this nice work and beauty Plane.

Icon22 Reply...

ElsnerMarkus,

Are you sure you installed all of the weapons correctly?
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Icon22

ElsnerMarkus,

All of the weapons load-outs on my install seem to be functioning properly. I have experienced missile rails that dropped as bombs before. Where I actually had to cycle through all of the missile rails dropping before I could get a single missile to fire. But I have never experienced missiles dropping like bombs. I'm sure its fixable.

MR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wf-tbf-avenger-05.jpg   wf-tbf-avenger-04.jpg   wf-tbf-avenger-06.jpg   wf-tbf-avenger-07.jpg  
    Last edited by MaskRider; November 17th, 2016 at 08:25.
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

This plane is magnificent! I will be getting back to work on my USS Saratoga CV3 campaign tonight at long last. Thank you Wolfi!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

All my rocket configurations and torpedo also function properly. None of my rockets drop like bombs.

TBF-1 Avenger VMSB-233

This is the second upload of my TBF Avenger Model
    "TBF-1 Avenger VMSB-233"

Textures,2D panel, DP and Airfile by Captain Kurt
    Prop texture by Kelticheart

I included a Weapons pack and a Gauges pack only in the first upload “WF TBF Avenger VT-19” to make the installation of this aircraft easier.
    So the “WF TBF Avenger VT-19” is required if you miss any gauges or weapons for this model

wolfi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Upload_TBF-1_Avenger_VMSB-233.jpg  

One sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)

...and the Atlantic version TBF Avenger VC-58

Textures,2D panel, DP and Airfile by Captain Kurt
    Prop texture by Kelticheart

Wolfi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Upload_TBF Avenger VC-58.jpg  

TBF-1 Avenger VMSB-233.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: This is the second upload of my TBF Avenger Model

IMPORTANT: I included a Weapons pack and a Gauges pack only in the first upload “WF TBF Avenger VT-19” to make the installation of this aircraft easier. So the “WF TBF Avenger VT-19” is required if you miss any gauges or weapons for this model.

The model contains 3 LOD (levels of detail) models and a Virtual cockpit. At first, it had a shadow model, but I deleted it. Special thanks go to Captain Kurt for his help, making the textures, DP, airfiles, and the 2D cockpit. I know this is a lot of work also!

Credits for the weapons: Alternate rocket rail Mk4 is originally by Bismarck13 modified by Captain Kurt to fit the TBF.

Credits for the Gauges

Military_RMI.gau is a FS98 gauge by 1999 Melville Consulting.

Now, have fun when flying the Avenger !

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit TBF-1 Avenger VMSB-233.zip

TBF Avenger VC-58.zip

Description: This is the 3rd upload of my TBF Avenger Model

IMPORTANT: I included a Weapons pack and a Gauges pack only in the first upload “WF TBF Avenger VT-19” to make the installation of this aircraft easier. So the “WF TBF Avenger VT-19” is required if you miss any gauges or weapons for this model.

The model contains 3 LOD (levels of detail) models and a Virtual cockpit. At first, it had a shadow model, but I deleted it. Special thanks go to Captain Kurt for his help, making the textures, DP, airfiles, and the 2D cockpit. I know this is a lot of work also!

Credits for the weapons: Alternate rocket rail Mk4 is originally by Bismarck13 modified by Captain Kurt to fit the TBF.

Credits for the Gauges:

Military_RMI.gau is a FS98 gauge by 1999 Melville Consulting.

Now, have fun when flying the Avenger!

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit TBF Avenger VC-58.zip

Hi Wolfi,

Great aircraft with wonderful detail. I'm not surprised it took a long time. A very welcome addition to CFS2.

I originally had an issue with the panel, which I believe is caused by me running CFS2 on Windows 10 which I read somewhere had difficulty reading Fixed Windows causing a CTD. I changed the line in the [Fixed Window33] section of the panel.cfg from 'render_3d_window=1' to 'render_3d_window=0' and then everything worked ok and retained the rear view. Just in case anyone else has the same problem...

Well done. I will enjoy flying it.

Many thanks,

Dick

Thank you man!!
    Great job!
    Mario
    Hit hard, hit fast, hit where it hurts and keep hitting.

Icon22 TBF-1 Avenger VMSB-233 Torpedo issue

Playing around with the VMSB-233 version- which is beautiful, BTW- with the Torpedo loaded and selected, when one pushes the "go" button the Torpedo just disappears from the bombay. It doesn't drop into the water or anything. It just disappears. On the other two models, for me anyway, the Torpedo works fine.

Cheers,
    MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

@ All. I had install all Weapon Packs. But strange is that the Game Freeze when i load a Free flight with the New Avenger. i hear the Sound of the Plane but the plane is freeze in the air. Nothing work.
    My first solution was to to delete my Big PTO Folder ( it was bigger than 4 Gb, with pearl, Force Z, Midway and other Scenarios). I have Put the Plane in a clean CFS 2 backup folder and - nothing work. Other Planes works fine. But after i Install the Avenger, Vanilla Planes has the Same problem. After i delete the Aircraft Folder of the Avenger, all other Planes and game works fine.
    EDIT: Strange. I had Reduce the Graphic Setting from 1024 Objekt size to 512 and now- it Works. But after a Restart of my PC and the install of the First Avenger ( working was the second ) it doens't work.
    I redownload all 3 Planes now, i think its a little Damage during the Download?
    EDIT 2: After Redownload, i have the Same bug. Nothign work after install the Avenger Planes.
    EDIT 3: Very Strange. If a Avenger from Wolfi is installed i can't Add/see Heavy, Middle or Small bombs on the Vanilla hellcat, Corsair ect. If i delete the Avenger Folders from the Aircraft folder all works fine. I will now search my CD and make a Complet Reinstall from Cd on the Hard drive and Test .
    EDIT 4: I had make a Very clean installation with my Old CD's. The Same Bug, game Freeze. After Delete Avenger, game work fine. I have no idea, where th truble is.
    Last edited by ElsnerMarkus; November 17th, 2016 at 22:27.

Ok, there was a wrong listing in the DP file

the fixed DP file for TBF-1 Avenger VMSB-233 is "TBF_1_Avenger"

the fixed DP file for TBF Avenger VC-58 is "TBF_Avenger"

Wolfi
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Wolfi

MR

All is well:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wf-tbf-avenger-10.jpg   wf-tbf-avenger-11.jpg   wf-tbf-avenger-12.jpg  

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Members who have read this thread: 2