New CFS2 Avenger - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New CFS2 Avenger

Very strange. If i start a Freeflight with a Vanilla or PHP Plane and CHANGING during the Flight to one of Wolfis planes, it works fine, all 3 Planes very nice.

EDIT:
    at the end of the video you can see the bug: ( i have choice the False record mod for bandycam )
    https://youtu.be/kBSse41hUDs

And here it works fine:

https://youtu.be/_cX6HzdpeWU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails snap0087.jpg   snap0088.jpg  

Greatwork Wolfi . Thanks a lot

The DP problems are fixed by Rami thanks Rami, the uploaded models “TBF_Avenger_VT19” and TBF “TBF_Avenger_VC-58” includes the fix now.

Thanks Rami for the quick fix

Wolfi

One sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)

Blog Entries

Superb !!!

Thank you so much Wolfi and the team for this outstanding bird and your great work
    Beepee

Brilliant!

I've encountered the same sort of issue with Win7 when the Bmp was 1024x768. Changing it to a smaller size (exp. 800x600) eliminated the CTD. This is much easier. Many thanks Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    Hi Wolfi,

Great aircraft with wonderful detail. I'm not surprised it took a long time. A very welcome addition to CFS2.

I originally had an issue with the panel, which I believe is caused by me running CFS2 on Windows 10 which I read somewhere had difficulty reading Fixed Windows causing a CTD. I changed the line in the [Fixed Window33] section of the panel.cfg from 'render_3d_window=1' to 'render_3d_window=0' and then everything worked ok and retained the rear view. Just in case anyone else has the same problem...

Well done. I will enjoy flying it.

Many thanks,

Dick

The fourth Avenger upload is up in the download section (TBF Avenger VT-2)
    Five uploads are left for tomorrow
    TBF Avenger VT-7, TBF Avenger VT-18, TBF Avenger VT-20, TBF Avenger VT-10, and a TBF_AVENGER stock replacement
    wolfi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Upload_TBF_Avenger_VT-2.jpg  

One sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)

TBF Avenger VT-2.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: WF TBF Avenger VT-2 for CFS2 by Wolfi

This is the fourth upload of my TBF Avenger Model.

Because of the modeling limitations, a sim model cannot be a 100% accurate scale model. However, I tried to make it as framerate friendly as possible and as accurate as possible. It is a true CFS2 model, with breaking parts and bullet hole effects.

IMPORTANT !!!

I included a Weapons pack and a Gauges pack only in the first upload “WF TBF Avenger VT-19” !!!

So the “WF TBF Avenger VT-19” is required if you miss any gauges or weapons for this model

The model contains 3 LOD (levels of detail) models and a Virtual cockpit.

Special thanks go to Captain Kurt for his help, making the textures, DP, airfiles, and the 2D cockpit. I know this is a lot of work also!

I have to say thank you to Stefano “Kelticheart” who made the blurred prop texture.

He didn’t make it especially for this model, (Initially it was for the Vultee Vengeance) but it fits this aircraft also. So

Thanks Kelti, and recover soon…

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit TBF Avenger VT-2.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon22 Reply...

Hey guys,

Shadow Wolf 07 lamented in an email about a desire to have the Avenger have a payload capacity for torpedoes and rockets so he could set up secondary mission objectives. So here is a. dp with an expanded payload section for the VT-19 Avenger.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Thanks again Wolfi and thank you Rami!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Blog Entries

Hey Wolfi... great plane!

Did a little redo of your TBF 2D panel...
    If you want to use it...
    Available as usual... Comments and/or suggestions welcome...

G.

Are there any current campaigns or mission where this beautiful bird can be used?

Icon22 Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by highpockets View Post
    Are there any current campaigns or mission where this beautiful bird can be used?
    Jim,

Any of them. Just use Morton's utility to swap the aircraft, and double-check the mission in a text editor to make sure the payloads match up.
    "Rami"

Quote Originally Posted by highpockets View Post
    I am currently 1/3 of the way towards revising my USS Saratoga CV3 campaign to incorporate this plane and some new ships as well. It should be out in a week or two. Then I will do the same with my "Desperate Battles" and "USS Essex" campaigns. All the campaigns have alternate, random mission choices where the player can be flying either a fighter, a divebomber or an Avenger (either as the flight leader or a wingman with the bombers). I will post progress reports as soon as I get a few more missions done and take some screenshots on the Saratoga project. I have 25 out of 52 missions done then I have the .cmg campaign file to do over and to finalize the readmes before publishing.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

TBF Avenger VT-7.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: This is the fifth upload of my TBF Avenger model

IMPORTANT: I included a Weapons pack and a Gauges pack only in the first upload “WF TBF Avenger VT-19.”
    So the “WF TBF Avenger VT-19” is required if you miss any gauges or weapons for this model.

The model contains 3 LOD (levels of detail) models and a Virtual cockpit. At first, it had a shadow model, but I deleted it. Special thanks go to Captain Kurt for his help, making the textures, DP, airfiles, and the 2D cockpit. I know this is a lot of work also!

I have to say thank you to Stefano “Kelticheart” who made the blurred prop texture. He didn’t make it especially for this model, (initially it was for the Vultee Vengeance) but it fits this aircraft also. So Thanks Kelti, and recover soon…

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit TBF Avenger VT-7.zip

TBF Avenger VT-18.zip

Description: WF TBF Avenger VT-18 for CFS2 by Wolfi

This is the sixth upload of my TBF Avenger Model

IMPORTANT: I included a Weapons pack and a Gauges pack only in the first upload “WF TBF Avenger VT-19.” So the “WF TBF Avenger VT-19” is required if you miss any gauges or weapons for this model

The model contains 3 LOD (levels of detail) models and a Virtual cockpit. At first, it had a shadow model, but I deleted it. Special thanks go to Captain Kurt for his help, making the textures, DP, airfiles, and the 2D cockpit. I know this is a lot of work also!

I have to say thank you to Stefano “Kelticheart” who made the blurred prop texture. He didn’t make it especially for this model, (initially it was for the Vultee Vengeance) but it fits this aircraft also.

So Thanks Kelti, and recover soon…

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit TBF Avenger VT-18.zip

TBF Avenger VT-20.zip

Description: WF TBF Avenger VT-20 for CFS2 by Wolfi

This is the seventh upload of my TBF Avenger Model

IMPORTANT: I included a Weapons pack and a Gauges pack only in the first upload “WF TBF Avenger VT-19." So the “WF TBF Avenger VT-19” is required if you miss any gauges or weapons for this model.

I have to say thank you to Stefano “Kelticheart” who made the blurred prop texture. He didn’t make it especially for this model, (initially it was for the Vultee Vengeance) but it fits this aircraft also.

So Thanks Kelti, and recover soon…

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit TBF Avenger VT-20.zip

TBF-1 Avenger VT-10.zip

Description: WF TBF-1 Avenger VT-10 for CFS2 by Wolfi

This is the eighth upload of my TBF Avenger Model

IMPORTANT: I included a Weapons pack and a Gauges pack only in the first upload “WF TBF Avenger VT-19." So the “WF TBF Avenger VT-19” is required if you miss any gauges or weapons for this model

I have to say thank you to Stefano “Kelticheart” who made the blurred prop texture. He didn’t make it especially for this model, (initially it was for the Vultee Vengeance) but it fits this aircraft also. So Thanks Kelti, and recover soon…

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit TBF-1 Avenger VT-10.zip

The next four uploads are online
    TBF Avenger VT-7, TBF Avenger VT -18, TBF Avenger VT-20 and TBF-1 Avenger VT-10
    The Stock replacement will be uploaded tomorrow!
    Wolfi

I just recognized that the “A new entry has been added ” is always posted with picture in this thread, does this go automatically?Wolfi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Upload_TBF_Avenger_VT_7.jpg   Upload_TBF_Avenger_VT_18.jpg   Upload_TBF_Avenger_VT_20.jpg   Upload_TBF-1_Avenger_VT_10.jpg  

Thank you Wolfi for your lovely TBF-1. I am using it as a warbird AI in fs2004 and it works very very well. Will there be a paint kit for it or will there be a 3 tone pacific paint without insignas/markings so that I can paint insignas on it?
    Mark

Wolfi,
    From a specific modelling aspect, the upper pilot canopy curved glass is very nice, and the intricate and detailed turret is just superb..love it!

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    Thank you Wolfi for your lovely TBF-1. I am using it as a warbird AI in fs2004 and it works very very well. Will there be a paint kit for it or will there be a 3 tone pacific paint without insignas/markings so that I can paint insignas on it?
    Mark

The still-to-be-posted stock TBF replacement is a generic 3 color scheme. It has the national insignias but no unit markiings.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

This is rather interesting concerning the TBF Avenger Mk 1:

The Avenger was also used by the Roayal Navy's Fleet Air Arm, where it was initially known as the "Tarpon". However, this name was later discontinued and the Avenger name used instead, as part of the process of the Fleet Air Arm universally adopting the U.S. Navy's names for American naval aircraft. The first 402 aircraft were known as Avenger Mk 1, 334 TBM-1s from Grumman were the Avenger Mk II and 334 TBM-3 the Mark III. An interesting kill by a Royal Navy Avenger was the destruction of a V-1 flying bomb on 9 July 1944. The much faster V-1 was overtaking the Avenger when the Telegraphist Air Gunner in the dorsal turret, Leading Aircraftman Fred Shirmer, fired at it from 700 yards. For this achievement, Shirmer was mentioned in dispatches on 31 August 1944 and awarded the DSM on 21 July 1945.
    (Fleet Air Arm archives, Roll Of Honours, TAGS. Retrieved: 23 November 2016 from http://www.fleetairarmarchive.net/ro...our/Index.html).

This is a mission possibly worth building........
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Icon22 Reply...

Lee,

I could have sworn UncleTgt did a skin representing that aircraft for the OH model.
    "Rami"

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Lee,

I could have sworn UncleTgt did a skin representing that aircraft for the OH model.
    Thanks Rams.

You know me, I like challenges.

Shooting down a V-1 from the rear turret gunner position of an Avenger.........

Did anyone make a cockpit view with functional guns for the TBF?
    I'm not sure the modding the DP in the Avenger and making more accurate rear guns would do it.
    Besides, being in the actual turret and testing our skills against a V-1 would be the "bomb"!!
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

The new cockpit panel does have a turret view to the rear. (Now there is a view that could do with a Gaucho makeover - I don't think I did that great a job of it)

Unfortunately though, it isn't possible to do anything except shoot straight to the rear.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Members who have read this thread: 3