Roman's Return Run - Squared
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roman's Return Run - Squared

Cool Roman's Return Run - Squared

Taking off in the MAAM-Sim B-25D "Tondelayo" to start my return in Class II. FSX, FSRealWX Pro.

Malita (RP17) --> Naha (WAMH)
    Roman

Left Malita with mostly cloudy conditions, rain & claps of thunder in the distance - "I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff's gonna come down for quite awhile".. After departure the weather started to clear - "So I got that goin for me,,, which is nice". - Carl Spackler

It's good that the WX cleared... Those trees at Naha... I really hate those trees..

http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...l5z3bA9zVncujI

FlightLog_08-39-04.TXT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_08-39-04.JPG  
    Roman

Taking off from Naha (WAMH), heading towards Sorong (WA1A). WX is nice, partly cloudy - Just how I'm feeling today, partly cloudy..Hopefully the flight will change that.
    Roman

That sux.. Arrived at Sorong in blackness of night. Thought I had the runway but alas... No it wasn't.. It was a bright straight road... With trees - Landed just fine but on rollout a big tree arrived on the starboard side to cause a crash.. UGGH! Had a few feet of clearance, guess the sim didn't think so. ( 18:06:50 sim time )

04.09.2015 16:56:51z ERROR NEW: []
    04.09.2015 16:56:51z AT S000* 53.6' / E131* 16.3' at 7ft GS:81.2263077516922kts, IAS:0kts, VS:-27.6820875ft/min
    04.09.2015 16:56:51z STATE [CRASHED]
    04.09.2015 16:56:51z AIRCRAFT B-25J 'Tondelayo' / Counter 1

Nice start to the flight - A beautiful sunset over the northern fringes of the Ceram Sea, the Wright R-2600s belching out POWER!

My new airport! HA! It really did look like 4000 foot asphalt runway from the air.. The houses with lights on looked like hangars / support buildings.
    Daylight shots of the accident scene LOL!

FlightLog_11-56-53.TXT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_11-56-53.JPG  
    Last edited by spokes2112; September 4th, 2015 at 12:45.
    Roman

Heading off to Sorong (WA1A) AGAIN... This time in the twilight of the morning.
    Roman

Arrived at Sorong - Nice flight, WX negligible. 1 minute late from calculations... Taking about an hour break then back to the grind.

This sir,,,, is what they call a runway.

FlightLog_10-58-18.TXT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_10-58-18.JPG  
    Roman

Either... Burning the midnight oil, or, smelling the morning dew. 1 short cruise to Frans Kaisiepo / Biak (WABB) to end this day.
    Roman

Made it to Biak.. Good night. And may you have a pleasant tomorrow.

I hope my navigator and our WX man back at base are both on the same page cuz damn! - Steppin into the danger zone here.

Trees? I dont see no stinking trees...

FlightLog_04-12-52.TXT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_04-12-52.JPG  
    Roman

Heading off to Hayfield (HFD) from Biak (WABB) - I heard it's like find a needle in a pile of needles. Ha!
    Roman

On time but off course.. Followed the 254* ADF radial inbound @ Wewak until my copilot spotted the only road in the area - we went IFR (I Follow Roads) and finally found it. Taking a break for awhile - first time in 2 days, 4.5" of rain, the sun has shown herself.

FlightLog_14-17-18.TXT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_14-17-18.JPG  
    Roman

Heading out to Gusap (GSP) from Hayfield (HFD) to start the day.
    Roman

Icon28

Wow! if that doesn't get the blood flowing I don't know what will. Crappy day - periods of rain and clouds. Then it got worse, much worse. Clouds to the deck, rain, gusty but light winds and just one or two glimpses of the road that runs next to Gusap. Just enough to get there.

- Ahh, getting close... Arriving at "the pinch".

One quick glimpse - Okey Dokey,, got some bearings.. Need to do a teardrop return without hitting the ground.

FlightLog_07-33-48.TXT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_07-33-48.JPG  
    Roman

Heading to Jaquinot Bay (JCB) from Gusap (GSP) - Heading straight out and climbing to a safe altitude (~10K) before turning on course. Too much cloud cover to play Russian Roulette with the Yawan mountain range.
    Roman

At Jaquinot Bay (JCB) - Think I'll stick around here for a while and hang out with the natives.

Turning on course after leaving Gusap... A giant white blanket below me.

Looks like a hospitable place to lay low for awhile. Oh look! Brunch is being cooked up in the little hut.

FlightLog_09-50-18.TXT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_09-50-18.JPG  
    Roman

Onward to Tokua (AYTK) Still having low clouds and rain - that time of year I suppose.
    Roman

At Tokua / Rabaul (AYTK) - weather eventually cleared but gave me ~ 20kt quartering crosswinds on approach.

Hmmmm. Should I climb? Yes was the answer.

Almost a 30* crab coming into Rabaul -

FlightLog_17-25-32.TXT

A quick turn around then off to Malekolon (MKO)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_17-25-32.JPG  
    Roman

"The Log"

Roman

Arrived at Malekolon (MKO) for an overnight rest.

FlightLog_18-02-08.TXT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_18-02-08.JPG  
    Roman

That's it! It's the second big ass spider that landed on my skull. Off to Buka (AYBK) - L8R!
    Roman

At Buka (AYBK) - It's going to be quick turn-around to Ballalae (AGGE)

SIC - "Looks like a good spot Sir"
    PIC- "We're on it"

SIC - "Sir! The trees!"
    PIC - "Shut your pie hole."

PIC - "BOOYAH!"

\

FlightLog_01-01-49.TXT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_01-01-49.JPG  
    Roman

At Ballalae just fine. Once again just a little turn around for Munda (AGGM)

The look on the sims rendition of the pilot's face is priceless, especially on final.
    "When I return I will chop all these trees down, make toilet paper for the masses & call the company Procter & Gamble."

FlightLog_02-11-22.TXT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_02-11-22.JPG  
    Roman

That was an exercise in cluster f___. Base commander orders me on some kind of low level run to check for "indiscretions" in our newly recovered territory. We stayed low as ordered, also because the winds had turned frigid! ~20 knots straight on. The first mission ended up in parts strew all over the beaches of the western end of Vella Lavella after leaving Ballalae /Bouganville. I had lost all humanoid interfacing communication devices. ( Keyboard, Mouse, Joystick etc..) If just one humanoid interface (microphone) would've stayed operational it would've recorded something like "OH ___ !" "You got to be ____ing kidding me!"

http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...duKRrig6FG4GMM

OK - Nuff ranting, restarted. Mission accomplished.

Mission status - No pockets of resistance observed.

"Got the field Captain" - Slow it down buddy!

FlightLog_04-02-19.TXT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_03-19-36.JPG   FlightLog_04-02-19.JPG  
    Roman

Roman

One, two or tree flights this evening.. According to my WX man back at base it is not conducive to flying - the winds are terrible at all altitudes. We are going, the mission must be accomplished. Munda (AGGM) --> Suavanao (AGGV)

Roman

Made it to Suavanao (AGGV) just fine. A moderate timed turn around for Maringe (AGGF) is occurring.

Trees. I like trees, they make oxygen. But why do they have to be placed in direct line of the runway heading.. The biggest ones at that. It's too bad that my trousers that are laying over the Davenport back at base, have lumberjack 3 ( & 5) in the back pocket..

Just before the hard left, 30* turn for runway heading. Looky at that big tree inline with the runway. Just under the canopy.

FlightLog_20-28-15.TXT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_20-28-15.JPG  
    Roman

Members who have read this thread: 0