Twelve 'O'Clock High - AH-B-17F - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twelve 'O'Clock High - AH-B-17F

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    That seriously looks like what I expect Baz's desk looks like now. Perhaps with more tea spillage though.
    Hmmm Tea .. I guess that cancels out going to the bottle store this afternoon then

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    I went to Joe Baugher's Aircraft Serial Number web site and downloaded ALL the B-17F data. Data for 42-5836 follows (inclusive in a block of 50 B-17F's):

42-5805 ... 42-5854
    Lockheed/Vega B-17F-25-VE Fortress
    c/n 6101/6150

5836 (2nd BG, 49th BS) lost Jan 24, 1944. MACR 1993

If you want a copy of the file, let me know where to send it. It is a 345kB text file.
    Sorry GLH , I missed your posting , that is a lot off work to compiled by Joe , very handy for future reference

When I'm doing research for a paint, Joe's has been a regular stop for years. Usually to see if he has anything on that particular aircraft (I like to have as complete a history on it as I can). I'm thinking about doing some fictional 1946 era P-80 paints and found a block of canceled P-80 tail numbers at Joe's that I can use so the rivet counters can't fuss about what the aircraft really looked like.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

I think its great with this resource, It amazing how much information comes back after stating an interesting topic, then again its amazing how much information was thrown away without thinking and not documented with the thought others want to see it even the seventy years later.
    It is just as much fun doing the research but sometimes at lot has to go to the artist licence department.

Off course "Mother and Country is fiction , tail number go's with but off course you need a Boeing to go with the 'Belle'
    Last edited by Ian Warren; September 6th, 2015 at 00:12.

Its a start "Mother and Country" to Flightsim.com, I changed it with a B17-10-15 with the nose astrodome, thought it a little more appropriate to meet the movie model. Now to look at another .... "Idiots Delight" always stuck me in the center page off Roger A. Freeman's B-17 Fortress at War

I think this pic rather captures the mood.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails grab0003 (2).jpg  
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

dhasdell, Almost known as one off the iconic WWII B-17 photos, I saw the caption mentioned in a photo day or so back .

Well, actually it's in IL-2 Sturmovik 1946, but I thought I'd slip it in.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Should have look a little more carefully , they are 'G's

Members who have read this thread: 1