Best military airfiled + surrounding area, ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best military airfiled + surrounding area, ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    It is almost incredible that we do not have a FSX native Nellis AFB scenery...
    I know the feeling.....

Anybody looked on flightsim?

FSX - FSX Scenery

FSX Scenery--Nellis AFB

[ Download | View ]

Name: nellis2.zip
    Size: 22,653 Date: 06-08-2008 Downloads: 3,473

FSX Scenery--Nellis AFB (KLSV), Las Vegas, Nevada (NV). An improved version with added parking, fire station with trucks, replaced buildings, static vehicles, adjusted taxiways and aprons and more. By Jim Cook.

Dave

Yes, I have seen that Nellis rendition - and probably does its job and maybe it is worth looking at how it stands on top of BlueSky photoreal.
    No disrespect intended to the author, but I was looking for something with a higher level of detail...
    MAIW version is much more detailed - and looks quite good on photoreal (with exception of a couple of polygons that look weird) - but, like other non-FSX native sceneries, the impact on performance is noticeable on my system.

Best thing of Nellis is that almost any kind of western military aicraft fits...

Yes, I have seen that Nellis rendition - and probably does its job and maybe it is worth looking at how it stands on top of BlueSky photoreal.
    No disrespect intended to the author, but I was looking for something with a higher level of detail...
    MAIW version is much more detailed - and looks quite good on photoreal (with exception of a couple of polygons that look weird) - but, like other non-FSX native sceneries, the impact on performance is noticeable on my system.

Best thing of Nellis is that almost any kind of western military aicraft fits...
    I have it on top of the Blue Sky scenery - and I have to admit that it doesn't sit well.
    It is alright for AI traffic, though.

Dave

This is my primary version in the sim over some BlueSky photoreal. Long ago on the MAIW boards we had a link to a FSX conversion that helped with framerates, but I never found it. This is the only reason I don't stay around the area, with AI my frames are pretty low and that is not helpful flying a detailed mil aircraft recovering from the overhead for 21L/R facing the "Strip".
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Looking for the EPKO Mig-21 flightplane
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Drzewiecki Design!

<center>FSX - FSX Scenery</center> <center>FSX Scenery--EPMO Modlin 2009
    </center> <center> [ Download | View ] </center>
    Name: epmo_2009_fsx.zip
    Size: 154,256,722 Date: 08-26-2015 Downloads: 114

FSX Scenery--EPMO Modlin 2009. Features an extremely detailed scenery of military airfield near Warsaw, Poland, fully compatible with FSX. In the past it was a payware scenery, but Drzewiecki Design decided to provide you that old full product for FREE! The airport was upgraded around 2012 and currently it has a nice passenger terminal and serves low-cost carriers like Ryanair, however back in 2009 it was an almost abandoned military airfield with some amazing structures inside. This scenery shows the status of Modlin aiport in 2009 having many tumble-down buildings, deformed and rusty metal stairs and much more. Nothing has left of that old airport by now but using our scenery you can go back in time and check for yourself how it looked like. The scenery features accurate positioning, modelling and texturing, high quality photoreal textures of all airport buildings (some buildings include interior) and high quality aerial photos of the airport. The package also includes charts and airfield specification. The product is equipped with an automatic installer, but you need to manually add the airport into the Flight Simulator Scenery Library (see attached manual). Please uninstall all previous versions of this airport you may have installed before. Please make also sure that no duplicated AFCAD files are installed. Enjoy your virtual flying with Drzewiecki Design!

<center>FSX Scenery--EPGO Goraszka 2010
    </center> <center> [ Download | View ] </center>
    Name: epgo2010_x.zip
    Size: 266,409,210 Date: 08-26-2015 Downloads: 119

FSX Scenery--EPGO Goraszka 2010. The Airshow Challenge (2010) features an extremely detailed scenery of EPGO small airfield located 15km from Warsaw, Poland, fully compatible with FSX. EPGO Goraszka is a small airfield built in 1994, which currently belongs to General Aviation company offering aero-taxi flights, air transport, special flights (air photo, patrol) and airport services. The airport has a 800m-long runway and a lightened helipad. It held an annual International Aviation Picnic from 1996 till 2010. The 2010 scenery recreated one of the "Picnics" in EPGO airfield, with hundrieds of various real-life objects (static displays), people, static aircraft and the airport itself in a great detail. The scenery features high quality photoreal textures of all airport buildings, hundrieds of 3D objects, life in the airport (people and cars), AI traffic, animations and effects, change of season textures, interior of control tower and much more. The package also includes charts and airfield specification. The product is equipped with an automatic installer, but you need to manually add the airport into the Flight Simulator Scenery Library (see attached manual). Please uninstall all previous versions of this airport you may have installed before. Please make also sure that no duplicated AFCAD files are installed. Enjoy your virtual flying with Drzewiecki Design!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Zsolt if You like polish military sceneries from cold war period I can advice:

"Zegrze Pomorskie" EPKO done by Pawel Aziukiewicz :
    http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php...79219&Cookie=1

More pictures:
    http://www.flusinews.de/2012/07/ein-...rze-pomorskie/
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Zsolt if You like polish military sceneries from cold war period I can advice:

"Zegrze Pomorskie" EPKO done by Pawel Aziukiewicz :
    http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php...79219&Cookie=1

More pictures:
    http://www.flusinews.de/2012/07/ein-...rze-pomorskie/

Hi YoYo,

Really amazing!!!

It would be nice Ai Mig-21 traffic!!!
    Any idea?

Zsolt

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Hi YoYo,

Really amazing!!!

It would be nice Ai Mig-21 traffic!!!
    Any idea?

Zsolt
    Yes - You can use for example CCP from FSX@War project for AI air traffic. Very easy and user friendly tool.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ghlight=convoy
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 1