Fsx steam

Thread: Fsx steam

Fsx steam

Had issues with my FSX STEAM of which i enjoy and like..a Recent Purchase of scenery wiped me out.Their install,.all my port overs planes,ECT ECT...Will not fight it.!!.Left with a corrupted version now....My Ques is..can I delete this,and Buy and reinstall a new version...Will this interfere with the old path?and finally will Steam recognize this as new installation??...they have intense code,pass ,words,Procedures just to use steam. I find Info from them difficult to get!..thnx.

No need to buy again, you already own it. With Steam you can reinstall when ever you like. Any game/sim you buy through Steam
    will always be there.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Thnx Butcherbird....When I tried only gives me what have,,.The NEW CLEAN INSTALL eludes me..not familiar with Steams Procures..I wish i could delete my self from them and then go back new?. So i lose $5 bucks?.tried that no go.On the re- register? they got Ya...Thnx Again will suffer thru this....I still have my FSX DISK installed,a mirror so I'am OK !

Have you tried fixing FSX SE within the Steam Client? Try this...

1. Open the Steam client
    2. Go to the Library tab
    3. Right click on Microsoft Flight
    4. Select Properties
    5. Select the Local Files Tab
    6. Select Verify Integrity of Game Cache

This will restore FSX Se back to its original state. You may need to reinstall any a/c and or scenery you have installed.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD

Thnx Much! First intelligent instruction I got..of course I will attempt this Or my grand Sons will do it for me,..I will let you know....Again thank You Sir..

OH My gosh JOE..Ya Did it!!..Followed yer clear instructions and got A clean FSX Steam Re -installed..1..GREAT..Well now the hard work..to port over all planes scenery gauges Ect Ect.From FSX Disk installed..to Get back to where i was..And did not need grand sons And Great grand son..LOL..What Can I say except Thnx my Friend....MUCH!..Vin!!..saving yer instructions for next time..NOT!!..LOL!

Your welcome. Glad you got it working again. If you have the original FSX installed, there is no need to port over your a/c.
    You can just add an entry in the FSX SE.cfg file with full address to the aircraft folder of your original install. Then all you
    would need to do is copy over any effects and gauges. Just make sure to move the stock a/c from original install so you
    don't get the error message of duplicates in FSX SE.

You do this under the "MAIN" section in the cfg, like this.......

(Main)

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
    SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
    SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
    SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
    SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
    SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
    SimObjectPaths.XX=<<<<<FULL ADDRESS to your old Airplanes folder>>>>>

Hope this helps.

Joe

Thnx again Joe..However i did it the dumb old Fashion way...and in spite of my self?/ all's OK..but IF next time.your way is the way to go..to summarize I Now have both FSX .the disk and steam..Plus On my PASSPORT which I save all for any future problems..but You did Help me Glad to be on SOH, ..Soo my friend.Great Job!.OFF WE GO!....thnx Vin..

Members who have read this thread: 0