Boomer's Warhawk run

Thread: Boomer's Warhawk run

Boomer's Warhawk run

Howdy gents,

This is my entry using the A2A P-40 with Accusim. To spice things up a tich I am running this race in reverse order of what I am doing the in the Jug. I am using the same methodoloy though. No nav istruments or AP. Just pilotage & sweaty palms.

For this 1st trip the weather was on my side with largely clear skies & low winds. There was a fair bit of turbulence when I departed but about 10k it smoothed out.

As I was passing through 14k I switched from wing tanks (which I started with low on fuel to save weight) to the fuse tank. I leveled out at 18k & spooled her up for some high speed cruising. Shortly after the throttle up the engine quit. I was flabbergasted because everything was in the green moments before. I assumed it was some accusim chicanery & started a shallow dive as I assessed the problem. as I was nearing 10k I decided to switch tanks in case the fuel line clogged (is that even modeled???) & the engine fired up immediately. It was a WTH moment & what worse the tank selector didn't look right. As I zoomed in on it I realized my error. I had meant to switch to the fuse tank earlier but I had switched to the reserve tank & the engine quit when that small reserve was used up.
    Feeling like an idiot I wasn't sure if I wanted to waste the time climbing again & opted not to. I made the rest of the flight at 10k. Landing was uneventfully & appreciated as the forward visibility is vastly better than the Jug!

Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

For the next leg I finally got around to installing Active Sky on my new PC.

Climb out from Auki.

Up on top.

Whoops... I think thats my airport!

Took awhile to get slowed down enough to get the gear down. I'm less than a mile out.

Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Another landing greased.

I love this plane, its a joy to fly & beautiful to look at!

Regards, Bob

Bob, great screenshots!

For those of us following your exploits, might you please clarify your routing? (The sequence RP17-WAMH and then AGGA-AGGF would not normally make sense. Must be a Rod Serling flightplan. )
    -Mike

Great stuff Bob. I'm glad I'm not the only hand flyer here. There must be others eschewing APs surely?

Quote Originally Posted by MM View Post
    Bob, great screenshots!

For those of us following your exploits, might you please clarify your routing? (The sequence RP17-WAMH and then AGGA-AGGF would not normally make sense. Must be a Rod Serling flightplan. )

I knew I needed to fly leg 2, I just looked at the list & picked the next pair without any forethought. Hopefully the weather will be as good when I get back there again LOL
    Regards, Bob

Hi Bob. Just to clarify for me, this is a second run, in addition to the P-47 run? Also, could you post the text files from the duenna?
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Hi Bob. Just to clarify for me, this is a second run, in addition to the P-47 run? Also, could you post the text files from the duenna?
    Hi Paul, you are correct this is a 2nd run. 1st flight attached, not bothering with 2nd because I will be re-flying it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards, Bob

Members who have read this thread: 0