F7F-1 Tigercat FSX & P3D Native Released

Thread: F7F-1 Tigercat FSX & P3D Native Released

Threaded View

Blog Entries

F7F-1 Tigercat FSX & P3D Native Released

The F7F-1 Tigercat FSX & P3D native is finished and uploading to the SOH server and will be available upon approval from admin.

I'm sure everyone who followed the progress updates is aware of the process that went into this build. I hope everyone enjoys this airplane as much as I do. Special thanks to Mr. Shupe who was integral in the beta process and a huge contributor with the original design and his constant support. Thank you sir!

I'd like to offer my special thank you to the beta team who contributed so much of their time and energy in testing and posting incredible screen caps of the Tigercat. The guys did an awesome job.

I've been developing scenery for about three years, but this is my first attempt at an airplane. Now that I have made it through boot camp, I have gained an entirely new respect for the developers who bring us the fine aircraft that we have come to enjoy. This has been a valuable experience for me and surely will not be my last. Of course, there are two other versions of the Tigercat waiting for me to finish, but those will come along fairly quickly.

Some flying tips:

On landing, maintain a slight bit of throttle over the fence and on carrier approaches. Once you close the throttle, she drops hard. You want to let her settle, carrying a bit of energy. For carrier approaches, once you get her on glideslope she holds the angle well with very slight nudges of power. She traps very clean if she is not stalling at the deck.

This is a big, heavy, powerful aerobat. With the short wings she is incredibly nimble but prone to high speed stalls. Watch throttle closely in aerobatic flying and bring on power with care or she'll flat spin without notice.

Coordinate your turns. The flight model is very precise and the Tigercat will ride like an un-broke horse if you don't balance rudder input.

Set throttle RPM with brakes locked for takeoff, use yellow line MAP and apply a few degrees of positive trim, if not, she dances on the nose wheel.

The Tigercat is not a counter rotated twin. Asymetric power on takeoff is critical as holding full rudder won't keep her straight in a cross wind.

Last Minute Update:

At the last stage of this build one of our members, whom I think everyone will recognize, has decided to add his special talents to the sound file. The existing sound file is exquisite, but TeD is layering in even more depth. An additional sound layer incorporating the unmistakable Tigercat Howl has been added, as well as other refinements currently in process. Here's a short video that shows the raw power, aerobatic capability and incredible sound that you will experience in the F7F-1 Tigercat. TF has an awesome talent for bringing out the personality of an airplane via sound. This is going to be a treat!

Crank it up....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ewa1ao5UJyY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Video courtesy of Ted "TF" Wolfgang
    Last edited by gman5250; August 21st, 2015 at 18:47.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Members who have read this thread: 8