F7F-1 Tigercat FSX & P3D Native Released - Page 4
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: F7F-1 Tigercat FSX & P3D Native Released

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    ... but fuel indicator shows "0" still. Some gauges don't work but perhaps it will be solved in the future.
    The gauges are the straight port over from the original FS9 model by Milton Shupe. There are some issues with compatibility, but rather than spending time on this set I'll look at the gauges in more depth when I do the 3D VC.
    I always appreciate the input, there are a lot of details to cover in a conversion.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Thank you Gordon for this wonderful gift to the community. When I revisited this project back in May to bring the F7F series up-to-date and remap the aircraft for high res paints, I had no clue you would bring the aircraft to this level of quality.

You sent the final working first cut version to me on June 8th with some base textures and it looked great then, but you were just getting started.

As I continued with the other models, your excitement for this project grew, and now we see why. I declare; it's all magic and mirrors.

This is how an FSX native conversion should go; lots of work but the pay off is in "awesome". Thank you very much.

Meanwhile the other variants sit and wait to be rewarded like this one, and with so much more ... munitions, TacPac, etc.

So, while we wait, I'm going flying in the old tanker; she's a sweet ole gal and I love her.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

The screenshots in this topic illustrate perfectly the excellent work you've made, Gman. And Milton as well, of course !!
    Thanks to both of you for this magnificient addition to the freeware hangar of the FSX/P3D community

I would have two small remarks though, as constructive criticism:
    1- In the virtual cockpit, would there be any possibility to increase the smoothness of the front canopy/gunsight metallic frame ?

2- In the screenshot posted by Yoyo earlier, I believe there is a small "display priority" problem: the brown leather backhead cushion is displayed in front of the canopy glass. I'm posting Yoyo's screenshot again just below:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thank you Gordon for this wonderful gift to the community. When I revisited this project back in May to bring the F7F series up-to-date and remap the aircraft for high res paints, I had no clue you would bring the aircraft to this level of quality.

You sent the final working first cut version to me on June 8th with some base textures and it looked great then, but you were just getting started.

As I continued with the other models, your excitement for this project grew, and now we see why. I declare; it's all magic and mirrors.

This is how an FSX native conversion should go; lots of work but the pay off is in "awesome". Thank you very much.

Meanwhile the other variants sit and wait to be rewarded like this one, and with so much more ... munitions, TacPac, etc.

So, while we wait, I'm going flying in the old tanker; she's a sweet ole gal and I love her.
    It was the least I could do to repay you, sir, for your endless generosity. I salute you sir, and you have honored me.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    The gauges are the straight port over from the original FS9 model by Milton Shupe. There are some issues with compatibility, but rather than spending time on this set I'll look at the gauges in more depth when I do the 3D VC.
    I always appreciate the input, there are a lot of details to cover in a conversion.
    Good Evening:

In the 'fuel' section of the 'aircraft cfg' file, replace the 'tank' setup with the following - and your fuel gauges will work !!

Center1 = -0.6, 0, -1.5, 110, 0
    Center3 = -4.6, 0, 0, 210, 0
    Center2 = 7.5, 0, .5, 60, 0

Bill

TankerGuy, I like that WIP Reno texture
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Wow! Simply spectacular! One can see how popular this aircraft is, release announcement only a couple of days ago, and already 4 pages of (highly) appreciative comments.

I'm really looking forward to flying this beauty.

On a 'real' world note, I wonder just how effective this aircraft would have been as a fighter. If it had been employed in the Pacific War. Yes it's mighty fast, packs an enormous punch and climbs like the clappers. But would a pilot have been able to keep his eyes on the enemy?? He has two mighty large radials blocking his downward view, and his view rearwards is very limited. Sure he would have clear vision on his first high speed pass, but after that there's a good chance he would have lost sight on his enemy (if) that enemy survived the initial pass.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Hello everyone,

Superb plane! Thanks!
    A detail, when folding wings, the lights do not follow the movement!
    But it is fun to fly!

Alain

Yep, I'm growing really fond of this fighter and it's sporty shape. Looks amazing, well done and looking forward to whatever you bring next.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    ... lots of work but the pay off is in "awesome". Thank you very much.

Wow! F7F-3N and HVAR and external tank, Thx a lot : - ))) !

Quote Originally Posted by WND View Post
    Good Evening:

In the 'fuel' section of the 'aircraft cfg' file, replace the 'tank' setup with the following - and your fuel gauges will work !!

Bill
    I'll check it, Thank You.

Any idea how to use/or any mod in panel, aircraft.cfg for separate starters of engines?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

[QUOTE=

Any idea how to use/or any mod in panel, aircraft.cfg for separate starters of engines?[/QUOTE]
    At the front right of the VC, there is a bank of switches providing many useful functions, like Fuel Pump on/off, No1 engine Primer, No1 starter, No2 engine Primer, No2 starter.
    Just hover the mouse and read the tooltips.
    There are also switches in the VC main panel for battery, avionics, gens 1&2 etc - in my system these are on by default from my default flight.
    I have been starting the engines separately, in any order, since I first installed the plane.

MikeW

Thank you Gman and M.Shoupe!!! I'm very happy to see all those variants in development ! : )
    The more you do, the less you dream

I would like to add my thanks to the chorus - job already well done and going to get better .Fantastic.

Thanks for the tank mod Bill

ATB
    DaveB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WND View Post
    Good Evening:

Bill
    Thank you sir. I'll incorporate the code into the upcoming releases. Very much appreciated.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Thank you sir. I'll incorporate the code into the upcoming releases. Very much appreciated.
    That is the original fuel tank setup; not sure why it was changed.

EDIT: Going back to check, it looks like I changed that in the revisit back in May I suspect because I was trying to change the fuel selector switch. There's always an answer to these mysteries; it usually points back to me. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by emfrat View Post
    At the front right of the VC, there is a bank of switches providing many useful functions, like Fuel Pump on/off, No1 engine Primer, No1 starter, No2 engine Primer, No2 starter.
    Just hover the mouse and read the tooltips.
    There are also switches in the VC main panel for battery, avionics, gens 1&2 etc - in my system these are on by default from my default flight.
    I have been starting the engines separately, in any order, since I first installed the plane.

MikeW
    Yes I know it, but for me it doesn't work (I can't hold a starter, it always back to 'off' position).
    As default flight I have saved flight with cold and dark situation.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

There is a minor electrical quirk that hopefully is an easy fix, you can't have your nav lights on without the landing light. Turn off the landing light from the cockpit or the keyboard and the nav lights go out too.

One of the things I tend to do when doing a manual engine start in FSX (if it is just a straight FSX-coded model), is select the engine (E+1 or E+2), and then press M, selecting the magneto, and holding the + key down, which will both move the magneto switch to 'both', and also will act as the starter after the mag switch is at 'both' - as long as you hold the + key down, the starter will be held on and the engine should ignite as long as electrical power is on and mixture is fed-in.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Finally had a chance to try this beauty in fsx, and recently p3d (convert, me? I know)

Stunning work Gordon... absolutely out of the park work... Really love what you've done with the girl

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    There is a minor electrical quirk that hopefully is an easy fix, you can't have your nav lights on without the landing light. Turn off the landing light from the cockpit or the keyboard and the nav lights go out too.
    I suspect since we have folding wings and the nav lights are modeled, that the modeled light is connected to the LL instead of the nav light.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    Finally had a chance to try this beauty in fsx, and recently p3d (convert, me? I know)

Stunning work Gordon... absolutely out of the park work... Really love what you've done with the girl
    You've taken the plunge into P3D? I'm somehow not surprised, but I'm sure it will be a better sim with your contributions.
    I've been following your work on the "Rounder". The native bird is going to be another superb addition to the family.

Glad you like the Tigercat...enjoy her when you have the occasion to actually fly.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Yes I know it, but for me it doesn't work (I can't hold a starter, it always back to 'off' position).
    As default flight I have saved flight with cold and dark situation.
    The engines start so quickly here I do not see this issue.

However, if the Start Master (between the mag switches) is off, then you will have this issue. I cannot duplicate your problem otherwise.

There is some duplication between 2D panel switches and 3D right side switches (from my original) that occurred when the original panel was done 4 years ago.

There may be a conflict there but I am not seeing it.

Just ensure the master start switch is on between the mags.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    The lights should operate independently via the switches on the lower panel or standard hotkeys. I'm curious, are you running OPUS or EzDok and using custom key assignments, or possibly controller hot keys?
    Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries
    The start up procedure should work as John has commented on above. Be sure that your hotkeys are in default configuration for E+1 or E+2 M+ procedure to work properly.
    If you use OPUS or EzDok with custom hot keys you may experience some conflicts if you have updated to Windows 10, based on my experience with my setup.

I use a cold and dark cockpit for all my flights. It is essential that the flight be loaded with the mags off, otherwise the start sequence can become corrupted.

Setup:
    Save a flight with the cockpit cold and dark.
    Load your flight
    Batteries on
    Mixture Full Rich
    Throttle slightly open
    Brakes On
    Switch on mags to both
    Left side panel prime engine 0
    Starter button engine 0
    Repeat for engine 1

or
    Same as above with this variation
    Lower center panel with mixture full and batteries on
    Switch mags to both
    Engine 0 switch
    Engine 1 switch

Engines should fire using either of these sequences, but I have found that if the procedure does not work the first time, repeated attempts will fail. I suggest re-loading the flight and start fresh.
    Thomas Jefferson

Members who have read this thread: 8