ETUO RAF Gutersloh_X with HARRIER HIDES_X - WIP - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ETUO RAF Gutersloh_X with HARRIER HIDES_X - WIP

Any news this project?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Yap, just killed by experiments to adjust Gutersloh with the surrounding ORBX Germany North addon. Simply horrible....
    Anyway, meanwhile I started to create new fences. I am spending some hours to improve the appearance by using two different textures on it.
    New screenshots shortly...
    Best regards, Manfred.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Manfred, I am very glad that you try to get it working in ORBX Germany! I'm sure it will be worth the wait!<o></o>

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Yap, just killed by experiments to adjust Gutersloh with the surrounding ORBX Germany North addon. Simply horrible....
    Anyway, meanwhile I started to create new fences. I am spending some hours to improve the appearance by using two different textures on it.
    New screenshots shortly...
    If you need a tester......

Cheers,

Sorry, guys, not much progress these days because we are in a hurry with the FS9 Harrier Hides as well, working on the Harrier Hides_X and RAF Bruggen simultaneously...
    So here the promised shot regarding the new fences appearance...

Best regards, Manfred.

How the Hell did I miss this, this is extremely impressive ... plus a few these

ETUO RAF Gutersloh_X with HARRIER HIDES_FS9 in FSX

Does anybody have the patch to get the ETUO RAF Gutersloh_X with HARRIER HIDES_ FS9 version working in FSX,so we can use it until the FSX version comes out? I read on the net there was a patch floating around somewhere,but couldn't find it.

Hi,

unfortunately it is not an official patch and it is not supported here.
    Best regards, Manfred.

Oh well,looking foward to the FSX version.Thanks

Hey Manfred,
    Any news on the fsx harrier hides and gutersloh?

Hi Manschy - any news on the FSX/P3D update on this awesomeness?

Okay, it's been a while again since I posted last screenshots - meanwhile, I changed from FSX to P3Dv4.2 and there's been a lot of new stuff to learn. I decided you to not annoy with any minor boring details here and there, but in the meantime, there are some few but interesting improvements. So from today, I will share again these steps with the community. All shots taken from P3Dv4.2, but FSX will for sure be concidered as well.
    I have to add, there is really spare time in my life and I would like to request please to not ask for any release dates. I know about the long period of this scenery's development but you can see, it's not dead.

This "new era" I want to start with some overview shots showing how ETUO is fitting into the surrounding area. And how the new ground polygon technique works to imitate photoreal ground without using real photographs. Due to german law, this style was quite easier to work with without any government restrictions or payments.... Some detailed shots will follow shortly, but in no particular order.....so enjoy!

Last edited by Manschy; June 3rd, 2018 at 07:04.
    Best regards, Manfred.

Wow Manfred!!!
    that is one beautifull looking scenery. Hope you switching to P3D doesn't mean this won't work in FSX.
    Thanks for your effort put in this.

Yes, of course - FSX will be in development as well. I add this in the starter post now.
    Except for some few things that won't work in FSX (for example trees shadows) everything is added in FSX first, then tested in P3Dv4. That way, I am halfway sure everything is working fine in both sims. I have to test SODE scripts though...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Beautiful workmanship Manschy,I can't wait for the finished product,Thanks for sharing those pics.

Very nice work and I do like a lot you GP approach. I also appreciate how much additional work that is for you though, as GPs have to cover all of the areas and not just the paved ones. Excellent work.

Still watching!

Hi Manfred,

any news on this project?

best regards,

Edwin

Don't mean to pour petrol on a smoldering fire, but if you haven't experienced Manfred's "Gutersloh" in Fs9, you probably aren't able to appreciate how immersive this base and flight activity is.

First, it's based on VTOL jet aircraft, the Harrier. They are deployed from the airbase itself and also from remote, temporary "Harrier hides" tucked away in forested areas. There is AI and user controlled Harrier flight activity from the base and and the hides. Also present is a fleet of CH-47 Chinooks that you can accompany on flight sorties. The hardest part to describe is the airbase scenery detail, which, even in fs9, is incredible and vast. Remember that there is the base itself and several "hides" that are a number of miles removed from the base.

As I mentioned, there may be challenges to fully appreciating this scenery. First, you probably will want a Harrier that is equal in detail to the quality of this environment. In Fs9, I noticed that some add-on aircraft were modelled in a scale that was somewhat larger than AI aircraft in the scenery. Second, I found that another way to enjoy Manfred's amazing artistry was to have a driveable vehicle to explore all of the eye candy such as hangers, roadways, parking areas, and buildings on the base. The best I found was Hama's Unimog trucks. For some reason those are not quite as immpressive in FSX as they were in Fs9. The sound and vehicle interior files did not convert well.

All I can say is that I hope Manfred and his collaborators are willing and able to complete the conversion of RAF Gutersloh to FSX. If you like military flight simulation, this immersive cold-war scenery shows what can be done. The fact that it is freeware (historically) puts it in a class, literally, by itself.

Members who have read this thread: 0