Karlsim's Southwest Pacific II Air Race Hops - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Karlsim's Southwest Pacific II Air Race Hops

Finished JCB - GSP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_14-48-50.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Duenna Errors in reading INI file -- Experiment

This is for Mike:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_17-31-03.JPG   FlightLog_18-03-37.JPG  

Thanks Karl,

Stupid question but... The duenne text file displays where it "thinks" the configuration file is:
    C:\Users\Karlsim\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX .CFG

Is it actually there, or someplace else? I don't know where else it would be, but always good to get the easy ones out of the way...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

yes, the FSX.cfg file is in that place.

Have you tried a flight using the latest duenna that Johnnes Mueller released? This test would be useful in determining if it's a duenna problem or something else. If you don't have it, go here:

http://johannesmueller.com/fs/web/duenna/

At the bottom of the page, download Full Installation Rev 44 and the Update Rev 131. Install the full, then the update.
    HP Reverb G2

ok, this is interessting now:

Untill now I was using the Duenna Version 2.0.46.141 . Starting up the software no failures were shown (everything is green).

Now using the RTW Duenna version 0.891.0.131 (with the update as you said) I get a failure by the startup, which says that I do not have real weather set (Real-WX is yellow) - although everything is checked as it ought to be and how it is described.

Resumé: The version 0.891 realizes, that something is wrong with my FSX, whereas the version 2.0.46... didn't.

I would like do know, what for a .ini file is Duenna looking for every 5 minutes ? Maybe this file is just missing in my FSX? where is the location of that file?

Well Paul, that is all for today. I will let you know, a soon as I have found something new. Good night.....

Flying now GSP - HFD, using RTW-Duenna R131

Finished GSP-HFD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_18-03-05.JPG  

Done HFD - WABB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_20-23-23.JPG  

Finished WABB - WA1A
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_18-53-34.JPG  

Duenna Errors in reading INI file -- Experiment

Hi Mike and Paul,

here is a summary of my last activities to my issue with the Duenna software:
    I think I found the reason for the errors with the .ini -file (I had disabled in the FSX-Modules-Folder a FSCopilot.ini-File which I wasn't using anymore by renaming it. As I renamed the file back to the correct file-suffix, the ini-errors every 5 minutes didn't show up anymore.)

I also tried installing the Duenna-software in different places (e.g. on Drive c:\ Programmes\.... instead of my former Device F:\...) But that didn't make any difference.
    Then I rebuilt a new FSX.cfg file, but that didn't help either. Last not least I emptied the whole Module-Folder (except the FSUIPC files) - be here aswell, i didn't help :-(

Using the Duanna R0.891.0131 I now realized, that there are no notes of weather at all (as there is failure: " Info: Previous Flight.FLT/Weather/WeatherType: '0' (NOT GOOD) " appears)

So I will go back to the Duenna version 2.0.46.141. At least here you can read the weather at the departure and arrival airport.

In summary I don't know what to do anymore. A complete de- and reinstall of FSX is a huge project, as I have tons of software (ORBX, AEROSOFT and so on....). Maybe one of them are responsible for the issue, but I am not a computer-expert enough, to carry on.... Sorry.

Karl, no need to un-install / reinstall anything at this point, especially FSX itself. I'm pretty sure that is not the problem.

Your last duenna text file, using FS-Duenna v.0.891 R131, looks perfectly fine, for that version, except it's saying you don't have real weather turned on. I'm going to do a couple tests when I get home tonight...

Interesting about FSCopilot.ini...
    HP Reverb G2

One thing I find interesting: For my flights I've been using v.0.891 R131, and FSRealWX, not the default real weather, and my duenna text files look exactly like your last one. I leave the weather selection in the sim to "fair weather", knowing that FSRealWX is going to load it's own downloaded weather. But the duenna doesn't know that, and is reading the sim weather as "fair" or "clear" (type=0). If I set the sim's weather to "real weather", the duenna reads it as "type=3 (OK)", but it still doesn't know that the weather is coming from FSRealWX.

So, I know we've covered this but, are you certain your sim is set to "real weather". Also remember than the duenna reads the weather setting from the last flight you made, not the current flight...
    HP Reverb G2

Yes , I double checked that and it is so.

Can't speak much to the duenna situation .... just stopped in to wish you well.

Winds aloft unchecked gets me all to often when there's an unexplained weather burp.

Happy Trails!,
    salt_air

Thanks salt_air. I will try if that makes any difference.

Now I am getting ready for WA1A - WAMH duenna 2.0.046 R141. FSX weather and winds aloft checked.

Finished WA1A - WAMH
    According to my remarks about the .ini-File I seem to be wrong, as using the Duenna 2.0-Version again it appears again...:-(
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_17-45-28.JPG  

I am flying the last Race Leg now from WAMH to RP17

Final Destination and last Race Leg done

WAMH - RP17

Sorry for the circumstances with the Duenna Software. Let me know, if I can do any more help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_18-39-14.JPG  

Thanks Karl, and congratulations on a good run in the P-40!
    HP Reverb G2

Well done Karlsim. Good to see the P-40E do the run so nicely.

(Sorry to say that we have not yet figured out the cause of the newer Duenna's inability to read the weather. Your tests will help us move forward. Thanks.)
    -Mike

Members who have read this thread: 0