Milton Shupe Harpoon - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milton Shupe Harpoon

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    cowl flaps can use cowling_#. This is the only key for cowl flaps that work and both engine with use cowling_# and this means whne you open the cowl flaps for engine 1 they will open on engine 2 as well. Just name all of the cowl flaps cowling_,1 cowling_2, cowling_3, .etc tell they are all named.
    This is a problem for FS9. These will not show as a valid animated part name and would be ignored, I think.

I will leave the names as they are "cowl_flaps0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, etc" to preserve the animation and maybe the names can be changed in the mdlc.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    Hey Milton,

Since you're taking requests on this, i'm thinking that the turret guns and hard points might prove useful.

Thanks
    Really, I thought you added hard points as necessary.

I left the gun mounts in the turret and the chin mount under the nose. Will add back the guns if necessary. Let me know.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    This is a problem for FS9. These will not show as a valid animated part name and would be ignored, I think.

I will leave the names as they are "cowl_flaps0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, etc" to preserve the animation and maybe the names can be changed in the mdlc.
    I'm not sure how to edit MDLC to do the change but cowling_# is a user animated key like the cowl_flaps (0 to 100) and using cowling_,1 cowling_2, cowling_3, .etc dose work in CFS2. Had to use it for my B-24J. The game or MakeMDL thinks of them like landing gear (*_gear_1, *_gear_2 .etc) in CFS2.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I'm not sure how to edit MDLC to do the change but cowling_# is a user animated key like the cowl_flaps (0 to 100) and using cowling_,1 cowling_2, cowling_3, .etc dose work in CFS2. Had to use it for my B-24J. The game or MakeMDL thinks of them like landing gear (*_gear_1, *_gear_2 .etc) in CFS2.
    Allen,

Those part names are not supported in the FS9 makemdl.parts.xml file used by the export/compile process.

If the current names do not work, then the cowl flaps will remain closed.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Okay, I think I have everything changed. You want to give her a go?

I added back turret guns (animated with gear to rotate up in flight) and tail guns (also animated with gear to hide on the ground, and deploy with gear up).

I did not add back rocket hard points but will if that would help.
    Would be happy to provide those coordinates as well, and any others you need, or I will provide the gmax source if you can use that.

EDIT: I replaced the original attachment as the tail wheel required an old texture. Now fixed.
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; August 22nd, 2015 at 19:16.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Allen,

Those part names are not supported in the FS9 makemdl.parts.xml file used by the export/compile process.

If the current names do not work, then the cowl flaps will remain closed.
    FS9 is FS2004 right? If yes than it dose. I export all aircraft as FS2004 from gMax and use MDLC.exe to port back to CFS2. cowling may be from FS2002 but it still work using the FS2004 MakeMDL and tailhook that is FS2002 also works. Both cowling and tailhook also are not in the FS2002 makemdl.parts.xml but look to be with in the MakeMDL.exe it self.

I also have the FS2002 gMax set up but exporting aircraft from it is useless as setting CFS2 in the makemdl.cfg dosn't fix animation errors and it like to crash on export and when it dosen't crash the FS2002 MakeMDL like to mess up LODs.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Really, I thought you added hard points as necessary.
    Yeah, you're right...we can, so you can take them out if you please. But the guns are essential for the "BOOM BOOM"...

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

It seems that I left them as c_wheel in past conversion setups and they work as they do in FS9 when the contact point is set for a <45 degree deflection/rotation.

I am removing all guns, rockets, torpedoes and hard points; trim tabs set to neutral. Drop tanks eliminated; yokes neutralized; ECU levers disabled at idle, prop fine, mixture rich. tail-wheel unlocked, carb heat off, parking brake off, rudder pedals neutral, windows closed, all switches off, trim wheels set to neutral, flaps lever up, gear lever up.

Anything else?

EDIT: Oh yes, what about cowl flaps? Shall I leave them animated, or left closed?
    Hi Milton! Man... u made a amazing job like always. Thank u a lot for all u are doing. If u like, send me the gmax source and iŽll set it up for cfs2 (into of what i can do).
    Cheers
    Mario
    Hit hard, hit fast, hit where it hurts and keep hitting.

Attached are the gmax source for two variants for your use and is now public domain:

1) Harpoon model with VC as I uploaded here yesterday above; and

2) Harpoon AI - an exterior only model for AI use - this also includes the gmax source and the FS2004 package with (small-sized DXT3) textures for easy setup/conversion to CFS2, hopefully.

Or, you can get full size textures from our recent FS2004/FS9 release and resize and compress them:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...n-Full-Package
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Ok, lets see!

After some memory troubles in my pc and my brain (lol) i could compile this model and the flaps, cowlings, bomb bays (use spoiler keys) ailerons , rudders, elevators, gear, etc etc are working.
    Please refresh my memory, which animation is lacking.
    Cheers
    Mario
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails harp.jpg   harp2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by misson View Post
    After some memory troubles in my pc and my brain (lol) i could compile this model and the flaps, cowlings, bomb bays (use spoiler keys) ailerons , rudders, elevators, gear, etc etc are working.
    Please refresh my memory, which animation is lacking.
    Cheers
    Mario
    Well guys forget the lods please! I can send the resource at this point, and somebody else keep working on it until reach desires. For me is a great model as it is.
    Cheers
    Mario

Quote Originally Posted by misson View Post
    Well guys forget the lods please! I can send the resource at this point, and somebody else keep working on it until reach desires. For me is a great model as it is.
    Cheers
    Mario
    Mission,

Thanks. The only question I would have is about the cowl flaps. I left the animation in but did not change the names as suggested.

BTW, when you export, do you use mdlcommander? If so, it might help to use the "specular fix" in the options tab.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Mission,

Thanks. The only question I would have is about the cowl flaps. I left the animation in but did not change the names as suggested.

BTW, when you export, do you use mdlcommander? If so, it might help to use the "specular fix" in the options tab.
    Cowl flaps are working! (sorry but I cant see the problem) and yes , I use modelcomader and used specular fix.
    Thank u Milton again
    Mario

Question

Hi ! Well, I asked to Gaucho, some panel for cfs2. I worked in the air files and aircraft files also. And I converted some Texture folder. who wants to continue the conversion project? I send what I've done including the model. Is lacking DP. file, and convert remaining texture folders. also to fix contact points in the aircraft file.
    Cheers
    Mario

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries

harpoon

Mario

I would like to see what you have done! I have a converted panel and dp. Do I need to PM my Email address.

Mack (Braveheart)

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart77521 View Post
    Mario

I would like to see what you have done! I have a converted panel and dp. Do I need to PM my Email address.

Mack (Braveheart)
    Thank u Mack! IŽve requested to Gaucho for help specialy with the panel, and sent mail requesting help to another member. I have no enough free time, so thanks for ur offer. Send me ur mail and i share what i have done by google drive.
    Cheers
    Mario

Members who have read this thread: 1