Pat's Beaufighter Island Hops
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pat's Beaufighter Island Hops

Pat's Beaufighter Island Hops

OK...Here we go...departing AGGT for AGGA
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Made it safely into Auki. The thunderstorms were popping all along the route.

Think I'll call it a night. Hopefully the storms will die down a bit tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_16-46-36.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

A couple of screenies...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-8-15_16-45-17-227.jpg   2015-8-15_16-37-9-864.jpg   2015-8-15_16-43-35-386.jpg  

Ready for the next leg AGGA to AGGF. Good coffee buzz going, and my observer has taken some airsick pills. Looks like another stormy day here.

Safely down in Maringe. Decided to stay low for this flight so I could see where I was through the clouds. Even at 2500 ft the visibility was a bit dodgy. At least my observer kept his breakfast down today.
    ~
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_06-59-21.JPG  

Departing Maringe AGGF to AGGV. Should be an easy shot along the coast...knock wood.

Oops...stalled on final and ended up in the drink! That'll teach me to take screenshots on approach
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_08-20-11.JPG  

Once again...AGGF to AGGV...this time without taking any pictures!

Down safely this time at AGGV.
    Bumpy ride. Bounced me all over the place!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_08-45-53.JPG  

Ok...taken care of a few things around the house (honey-do's). Back into the wild blue.
    Departing AGGV for AGGM.

Made it into AGGM Munda. Smooth flight; looks like the bad weather finally cleared out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_11-41-20.JPG  

After sampling the local culture, it's time to head out again.
    Departing AGGM for AGGE.

On the ground at AGGE.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_13-43-44.JPG  

Good morning! Now departing AGGE for AYBK. A quick flight before I head to the doctor.

Down safely at AYBK. The weather over Bouganivlle was just horrible. Sparkies flying all over the place, and the up and down drafts pushing me all over the place too. My observer has a new nickname...Ralph. We'll sit out the weather here. Ralph has some clean-up to do in the back of the plane.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_08-03-57.JPG  

On to the next leg. Departing AYBK for MKO Malekolon.

Made it into MKO safely. Stayed down low ~1500 ft to stay out of turbulence. Lots of lightning around.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_17-35-17.JPG  

While I'm stuck at home with a nasty head cold, I'll try to get a few more legs in.
    Departing MKO for AYTK

Down safe at Tokua AYTK.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_08-05-47.JPG  

OK, coffee mug refilled. It's on to the next stop. Departing AYTK for JCB.

Well...it looks like the Duenna took a dive after I landed @ Jacquinot Bay. I guess I'll fly that one again.

Now departing AYTK for JCB...again...
    At least the coffee is still warm!

Made it to JCB...again...this time the Duenna worked.
    The first jpg is from the failed Duenna...the second is the one that worked, along with the text file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_09-27-00.JPG   FlightLog_08-45-44.JPG  

A few screenshots from the last couple of days.
    First one is just before stalling and ending up in the drink on approach to Suavanao (AGGV)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Oops.jpg  

Here are a couple of shots between Munda and Tokua...no particular order...I just liked the views.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-8-17_17-15-49-308.jpg   Approaching Tokua.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0