Pat's Beaufighter Island Hops - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pat's Beaufighter Island Hops

And of course, a shot of my observer, whom I've nicknamed Ralph, looking a bit green on the leg between AGGE and AYBK.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ralph.jpg  
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Onward! Departing JCB for GSP
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Made it into GSP...with a heart in the throat moment during landing. Who put that highway right in the middle of the runway?
    Photo 1...The lorry coming at me full speed
    Photo 2...Approaching Papua New Guinea
    Photo 3...Leaving New Britain
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lorry.jpg   APNG.jpg   LNB.jpg   FlightLog_13-06-46.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Departing GSP for HFD.

Down safely at HFD...but a bit confused. Why is the weather so nice? Jeppesen shows clear skies with 50 mile visibility. I tried RealWXLite and got some clouds and 10 mile visibility, and REX weather had me in rain and low visibility. Had I been using REX or RealWXLite I truly believe I would have had a much more difficult time finding the airstrip. A puzzler that I will leave for the race committee.
    Anyway...here are the requisite files.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_07-15-45.JPG  

It appears that I departed from the wrong airport?...not sure how as my system showed it as GSP, but the Duenna shows it as AYGP...Now I'm really confused...time to go back to bed.

Edit: never mind...the Duenna lists GSP as AYGP...

Ok...Longest leg so far. Departing HFD for WABB.

Landed safely at WABB. Only a few miles off course, but the default weather is non-existent today. Think I'll call it a day and wait until weather comes back on line.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_11-44-46.JPG  

Departing WABB for WA1A.

Hello Sorong! Down safely at WA1A.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_18-54-48.JPG  

Departing WA1A for WAMH

Down safely at WAMH. Again...unrealistic "real world" weather with no clouds and unlimited visibility.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_08-35-47.JPG  

Final leg...WAMH to RP17...and wouldn't you know, the default "real world" weather is back...clouds and all.

Down safely at Malita...and done! It was nice to finally have some actual weather to fly in this last leg.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_09-34-42.JPG  

Bravo Zulu, Pat, Beaufighter Driver!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Members who have read this thread: 0