FS9 Lockheed Harpoon Full Package

Thread: FS9 Lockheed Harpoon Full Package

FS9 Lockheed Harpoon Full Package

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Props

Description: FS2004 Only Lockheed PV-2 Harpoon - Full Release v1.2

by Milton Shupe, Tom Falley, Scott Thomas, and Sounds by Nigel Richards. Pilot figures by Jan Visser. Special thanks to Rachael "Firekitten" Whiteford for helping us get to the finish line with textures, and to all the SOH members who helped us get to this point.

Finally! The full package release.

Pkg incl 8 models, a custom panel and gauges, custom sounds, custom Flight Model, and 8 liveries.

Note: There is a separate FSX Port Over package set up specifically for FSX.

August 14, 2015

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS9 Lockheed Harpoon Full Package
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

A few more screen shots ...
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Anxiously awaiting the PV-1

Hello again Mr. Shupe. I posted earlier about wanting to paint the PV-2 like an R.C.A.F. Ventura my dad had flown. Thank you for directing me to this posting and I am happy to see the PV-1 will be released in the near future.
    My question about removing the nose art and insignia still leaves me wondering the best method to accomplish this. You mentioned in your reply that I should be able to remove the layer or layers associated with the nose art
    and insignia. When I look at the textures in the folder texture.base I see 8 textures.

I typically open the texture I want to work on with DXTBMP and send it to my payware photoshop editor.When the texture opens in photoshop I see the lock symbol by the texture and I can unlock it but it doesn't appear to be layered.
    I can outline the insignia and move it from the texture but it just leaves a big hole in the texture with the checkerboard empty layer underneath. I have just been painting over the art and insignia and trying to replace the rivets and textures as
    best as I can.

I certainly am not asking for photoshop training but if you or anyone knows an easy way to remove the artwork while preserving the textures underneath it would really help me. After working for 21 years on military planes in Canada doing
    aircraft structures work it never ceases to amaze me the talents you and the people you work with posses in the flightsim community.I really envy the skills you have to produce such fantastic looking aircraft. I always find it extremely challenging as I
    try to learn more and more about repainting and modeling these aircraft.

In the meantime I will download some more of you aircraft and keep trying to learn as much as I can. Thank you so much for your reply to my other post and thanks for all your hard work.

Alan (alienel)

Members who have read this thread: 0