Lockheed Harpoon FSX Only Port Over
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lockheed Harpoon FSX Only Port Over

Lockheed Harpoon FSX Only Port Over

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military Props

Description: FS2004 Designed, FSX Port Over, Lockheed PV-2 Harpoon - Full Release v1.2

by Milton Shupe, Tom Falley, Scott Thomas, Sounds and textures by Nigel Richards. Pilot figures by Jan Visser. Special thanks to Rachael "Firekitten" Whiteford for helping us get to the finish line with textures.

This is it, finally! A full package release.

Pkg incl 8 models, a custom panel and gauges, custom sounds, custom FSX Flight Model, and 8 liveries.

The package is set up specifically for FSX; cannot be used in FS9.

Milton Shupe
    August 14, 2015

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Lockheed Harpoon FSX Only Port Over
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

A few more pics of the liveries ...
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Some operational notes I should have included:

Some of the Controls to know about are:

1) The slash key (spoiler key in FS9) hides/unhides the yokes
    2) The Wingfold command (shift+f in FS9) opens cockpit windows
    3) The Tailhook command (shift+t in FS9) opens the console panel

All other FS commands function normally.

The tailwheel lock is on the right side of the ECU.
    The parking brake set is on the left knee panel.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks Milt,
    She's a very fine piece of art!!!!
    OS Vista 64 Home Basic
    WD 1.5 TB HD
    EVGA 550Ti 2GB MEM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS 8GB RAM
    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHZ
    XION High Performance 1000W PS
    FSX/Acceleration

Thanks Uncle Miltey, great bit of kit indeed!

Thank you for the comments; it is our pleasure to bring some freeware joy to the simworld. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks for a FANTASTIC Sim!

I just flew Attu Warrior from Everett, out of Puget Sound, through the Straits of Juan De Fuca and south along the Pacific coast, to Aberdeen, inland to Olympia, and back north to land at Everett. The appearance of this port-over, the sound, realism and controls were First Rate, and such visual 'eye candy'!
    This airplane is what I'd expect of a payware download. Really outstanding work from your whole team, of a warbird that I've long wanted in my hanger! I can not thank you enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontech View Post
    I just flew Attu Warrior from Everett, out of Puget Sound, through the Straits of Juan De Fuca and south along the Pacific coast, to Aberdeen, inland to Olympia, and back north to land at Everett. The appearance of this port-over, the sound, realism and controls were First Rate, and such visual 'eye candy'!
    This airplane is what I'd expect of a payware download. Really outstanding work from your whole team, of a warbird that I've long wanted in my hanger! I can not thank you enough!
    DT, this is a great first post, welcome, and we certainly appreciate you observations and feelings about the product. All the many hours by so many people appear to have paid off and I am relieved to have it released, finally. Thank you so much.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Milton you and your team worked your MAGIC again...
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

If anyone is interested I have created several camera views for Milton's Harpoon that cover both inside and outside positions. I have attached a zip file to this post that also includes a 'read me' explaining how to add them to your aircraft.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Larry

Just a heads-up for DX10 users that, though it's ported over, the model is still FS9-native.

(No knock on the amazing plane, but you'll want DX10Fixer or to be willing to run in DX9 to use it.)

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Just a heads-up for DX10 users that, though it's ported over, the model is still FS9-native.

(No knock on the amazing plane, but you'll want DX10Fixer or to be willing to run in DX9 to use it.)
    Denny, are you referring to the FSX Only package?

If so, can you state what issues you encounter that require the DX10Fixer to be run?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

A quick repaint question

Hello Mr. Shupe. I would first like to say that this aircraft is really impressive and looks so nice in FSX. I am very new to repainting but have managed to do some really nice repaints of my own with Photoshop.
    I am wanting to repaint this aircraft like an early RCAF Ventura that my Dad flew at the #1 Air Armament school in 1949. I am using the base metal texture and have managed to paint over the nose art and fix the rivet
    lines. I am just wondering if there is a completely blank bare metal texture available for this plane or will I have to paint over the insignia on the fuselage and wings and re texture?

I hope I am posting in the right place because I don't do this very often. I absolutely love this plane it looks and feels like a top notch payware aircraft!

Quote Originally Posted by alienel View Post
    Hello Mr. Shupe. I would first like to say that this aircraft is really impressive and looks so nice in FSX. I am very new to repainting but have managed to do some really nice repaints of my own with Photoshop.
    I am wanting to repaint this aircraft like an early RCAF Ventura that my Dad flew at the #1 Air Armament school in 1949. I am using the base metal texture and have managed to paint over the nose art and fix the rivet
    lines. I am just wondering if there is a completely blank bare metal texture available for this plane or will I have to paint over the insignia on the fuselage and wings and re texture?

I hope I am posting in the right place because I don't do this very often. I absolutely love this plane it looks and feels like a top notch payware aircraft!
    alienel, thanks for writing. The paint kit is the best I have now for base but you should be able to remove the layers associated with the nose art and insignias, no problem.

If you have questions, post in the Harpoon thread in the FS2004 forum.

But keep in mind that we are currently working on the PV-1 and should have it ready in 4 weeks or so.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Are there any updates to this plane or is the download in the library up to date . Doors won't close.

Quote Originally Posted by Double J View Post
    Are there any updates to this plane or is the download in the library up to date . Doors won't close.
    Which plane? Which doors?

If they opened, they will close.

Did you break it? :-/
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Which plane? Which doors?

If they opened, they will close.

Did you break it? :-/
    Cockpit windows opened, now they won't close.

Cockpit windows opened, now they won't close.
    The Wingfold command (shift+f in FS9) opens cockpit windows.

Since wing fold requires hydraulics, are the engines running?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    The Wingfold command (shift+f in FS9) opens cockpit windows.

Since wing fold requires hydraulics, are the engines running?

Got it! Having a cigar as I type. Other than the camera views were there any additions since it was put in the library?

Thanks again.

Got it! Having a cigar as I type. Other than the camera views were there any additions since it was put in the library?

Thanks again.
    LOL So you figured out where the "stash" is huh?

I uploaded v1.3 to Simviation and Flightsim. Changes were minor mainly affecting the D model clickability on the electrical side panel and some cosmetic stuff in the VC.

If your electrical panel switches work, no real need to download.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Unable to get aircraft to load.

I am afraid that I cannot het the aircraft to load. She shows in my menu but everytime I try to load it I get the sign Aircraft Initialisation Failure,

Quote Originally Posted by simondix View Post
    I am afraid that I cannot het the aircraft to load. She shows in my menu but everytime I try to load it I get the sign Aircraft Initialisation Failure,
    See the attached for helpful guidance
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks for the prompt reply. I will get back to you.

I have been through the Aircraft cfg, textures and models and all seems to be correct but it still comes up with that initial failure. I have loaded the fire tanker and that is working OK.

Quote Originally Posted by simondix View Post
    I have been through the Aircraft cfg, textures and models and all seems to be correct but it still comes up with that initial failure. I have loaded the fire tanker and that is working OK.
    What selection are you making prior to the failure.

Take that livery selection, look in the Harpoon folder, open the aircraft.cfg;

find the [fltsim.nn] section for that selected livery;

then validate each of the entries documented above.

One of them must be in error.

Since after thousands of downloads from many sites, there have been no reported issues like this, it is possible that the download is corrupted.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 0