Good News Aeroplane Heavens B-17F Out - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Good News Aeroplane Heavens B-17F Out

For those who an account at PC Aviator . Go to your account and redownload Your B17 . The update comes with download

Quote Originally Posted by chet twowolves View Post
    For those who an account at PC Aviator . Go to your account and redownload Your B17 . The update comes with download
    File is wrong size and corrupt. Waiting, waiting, waiting for a fix.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I'm not sure how AH have sent their installers out but the one they sent to JustFlight was a single file.. not an update. You don't know its a new file until you click on the download button and windows will ask do you want to save 'AH_B17_FSX_v2.0.exe'. From that, you can see it's a new file.. the last one being v1.5. The install (from JF) is a single file for both models.. no option to load the F and/or the G.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    File is wrong size and corrupt. Waiting, waiting, waiting for a fix.
    Same for me. I downloaded twice from PC Aviator, once using Download manager and then using Firefox downloader. Both times corrupt files reported by winrar.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Blog Entries
    Yup...me too. Corrupt
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

I've been checking every few minutes. Apparently, the file is still being transferred or downloaded to their site. The file size has been slowly increasing, but still not up to 1.07 Gb. Last look was at 1.05 Gb. So apparently if you try to download it you only get part of the file.
    -- WH

1.07gig?? The exe from JF for v2 is 418mb so gad knows what's happening at PCA

ATB
    DaveB

Dave, there are 2 files in the corrupt download, one for FsX and the other for P3D. Is that the same for the Jf download?
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Fellas and fella-ettes ( I know you're out there ) ,

To put the information right about file sizes... if you are receiving a 418mb file then you are probably only receiving the simulator that you want it for. If you are receiving a zip file of around 1.1 gb ( mac sees it as that linux sees it in Kibs so who knows ) then you are receiving the installers for ALL simulators plus paintkit.

Basically there is a lot of behind the scenes work that needs to happen. You should really wait for notification from the vendor that it is ready to download. There are tests for stability of server storage and corruption that need to take place. There are other factors ( assumption ) such as e-commerce updating etc. that probably need to take place. I am sure you will receive an email when the file is ready and tested to download. Whilst we appreciate that you're all chomping at the bit to get the upgrade, it doesnt run out, it doesnt go off and you wont miss out.

We originally uploaded the new files on Monday ( 10 April AEST ) please allow the vendors time to download, upload, test, setup the file in their system and generate a notification that the file is ready, so that it reaches you in pristine condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Dave, there are 2 files in the corrupt download, one for FsX and the other for P3D. Is that the same for the Jf download?
    Roger, I got one download file that says AH_B17_P3D_v2.0.exe. It is 428,502 KB in size. I assume the FSX download files looks similar. Hope this helps.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Just got a good download. Seems all the files are now complete
    SYSTEM :

Just wanted to say "Thanks" to Baz and company for the 'G' model. The B-17 has been and still is one of my favorites.
    -- WH

Thank you to Bazz and Company for this wonderful upgrade. The detail is just wonderful on all of the aircraft, but I am enjoy Little Miss Mischief the most. I am wondering why the exterior sound is muffled to me though. Is there something I am missing? I am running the Fort in P3D 2.5.

You are all most welcome and I am delighted that you are enjoying the -G. The tales of some of the individual ships are nothing short of epic and a real inspiration.

Indifferent sound can be a result of many things. Sound system faults, sim settings etc. All i can suggest is to have a look at your P3D sound settings and check your system sound. The sound pack is configured to deliver the best overall sounds, allowing for individual tastes via the sliders and drop downs or simply the volume controls and equaliser.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    You are all most welcome and I am delighted that you are enjoying the -G. The tales of some of the individual ships are nothing short of epic and a real inspiration.
    Yes Indeed, the read-me alone is worth it, for the people who have book such Roger A Freemans book 'The Mighty Eighth" It really leave you in awe to try and imagine those missions.

Question

This is still one of my favorites.

I was wondering if anyone has done a repaint on 'Sentimental Journey' for the G model.

Thanks
    -- WH

This is still one of my favorites.

I was wondering if anyone has done a repaint on 'Sentimental Journey' for the G model.

Thanks
    There isn't one for the AH -G but there is one for the A2A version here. http://www.mikesrepaints.com/ I have the B-17 by both parties and they are both excellent. (And my options for repaints are greater. )

Contacting Aeroplane Heaven

Hi: I want to leave a message here for the folks at Aeroplane Heaven about help recovering aircraft files and purchase information. I had all of my flightsim files accumulated over 13 years beautifully organized in folders with invoices, passwords, et c. on a backup drive, and then POW! The drive crashed. I spent $150 to recover some of my files, but all my Aeroplane Heaven stuff was wiped out. I'm pretty sure that I purchased the B-17, the Helldiver, and F3F directly from the website. I sent an email message through the AH webpage. Please let me know what information I can provide to confirm my purchase. My emails are either mikegut42@roadrunner.com or mongolikecandy@roadrunner.com. Thanks. Michael Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California

Hi Michael,

Normally these sort of things run directly between the customer and supplier and not via a public forum. The SOH is not the support forum for commercial developers. When you can't reach them via their e-mail address, you could also write one of them a PM here at the forums. The owners of AH are frequent visitors here so I'm convinced they will contact you.

As said the forum is public and when you post your e-mail addresses in a public forum, you can expect spam.

Therefore I advise you to delete your e-mail addresses from the post above and contact Bazzar via a Personal Message (notification).

Kind regards,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    There isn't one for the AH -G but there is one for the A2A version here. http://www.mikesrepaints.com/ I have the B-17 by both parties and they are both excellent. (And my options for repaints are greater. )
    Yes, I'm aware of that repaint and the one for the Sky Unlimited B-17G, but I was just wondering if there was one for the AH model. I've seen and toured the real one and think the shiny exterior of the AH B-17G would be a perfect canvas for a 'Sentimental Journey' scheme.
    -- WH

Yes, I'm aware of that repaint and the one for the Sky Unlimited B-17G, but I was just wondering if there was one for the AH model. I've seen and toured the real one and think the shiny exterior of the AH B-17G would be a perfect canvas for a 'Sentimental Journey' scheme.
    Not to mention the blue sash on the tail looks great! (I like 92sq Lightnings from the RAF for the same reason.)

Would anyone happen to have the paint kit floating around for this? AH doesn't include it anymore with their download for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukato07 View Post
    Would anyone happen to have the paint kit floating around for this? AH doesn't include it anymore with their download for some reason.
    +1 on this. I'm currently working on some things for the AH B-17, but it seems the freeware release on Orbx does not have the paintkit included. It was the same way with the C-119s. I even double checked my computer, and did file searches, nothing. I had to hunt around online to even find the one for the C-119s. But there's nothing for the B-17s, at least that I've seen.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Aeroplane Heaven B-17 Paintkit

I purchased this when it first came out and flew some missions in the 91st BG, 401st BS "Bomb Boogie" and it included the paintkit which I was able to locate in my saved files. I PM'd Bazzar and he gave permission to share this with you. I didn't get a reply back yet about sharing it with everyone here so send me a PM asking for it and I will send you a link. I am sure that he will OK posting it here in this thread when he is not busy and I will do that as soon as I get a reply. I will check here later today.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I purchased this when it first came out and flew some missions in the 91st BG, 401st BS "Bomb Boogie" and it included the paintkit which I was able to locate in my saved files. I PM'd Bazzar and he gave permission to share this with you. I didn't get a reply back yet about sharing it with everyone here so send me a PM asking for it and I will send you a link. I am sure that he will OK posting it here in this thread when he is not busy and I will do that as soon as I get a reply. I will check here later today.
    Interesting. I haven't talked with anyone else lately to see if maybe it was just something omitted in the freeware release or something. Or the fact that I've just got no idea where the installer installed it on my system. Since my file search can't even locate it. But since it happened on both the 119s and 17, I figured it was likely just one of those things that didn't come with it after it was released as freeware. They seem like a great bunch the brief interaction I had with them, I really appreciated them allowing me to be able to mess with their models. Hopefully the paintkit will be able to be public. Will send a PM. Much appreciated!

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Members who have read this thread: 7