Good News Aeroplane Heavens B-17F Out - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Good News Aeroplane Heavens B-17F Out

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    As I said, the upgrade has all new texturing and the 4 cowls and their associated cowl flaps are independently mapped.
    Thanks Baz, this is what I hoped would happen. This will make doing the anti-glare panels easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post

What looks like the problem in the post above is that the alpha needs to be complete white in that patch area, and the specular (hopefully) needs to be tuned down to a much greyer tone in white balance so as not to make the amount of light so glaring.

Joe are you saying it simply doesn't work?
    Rick,
    I did not add a custom alpha to the cowling texture for that pic. So it is just a plain white one. As for the left side of the cowling,
    the paintkit does not include that psd file. So what I did was just make a copy of the right and renamed it for the left, but this does not work and is why the color variation sticks out. Now that Baz has posted that the cowlings are now independently mapped this should not be a problem.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Will the upcoming upgrade be a full product revamp acquired from point of sale, or a minor patch distributed publicly?

Just curious since some of us had issues getting the B-17F from the AH site and had to purchase it from other distributors.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I bought the B17 in https://www.pcaviator.com/store/home.php.
    But it's not the purpose of my post. I know very well the cold start of the A2A B17, But then I have a problem, impossible to start the beast, not a humming, nothingn nada, peanuts.....
    I changed the " aircraft.cfg " auto_ignition= 1 // 0 and i can start with " CTRL + E " but I am not satisfied.
    I saw and followed posted video above. have you an idea ??
    It's same on FSX or P3D

Excuse me for my English. It's my english school + Google; And i am 61 yeard old.

Quote Originally Posted by cro View Post
    But it's not the purpose of my post. I know very well the cold start of the A2A B17, But then I have a problem, impossible to start the beast, not a humming, nothingn nada, peanuts.....
    I changed the " aircraft.cfg " auto_ignition= 1 // 0 and i can start with " CTRL + E " but I am not satisfied.
    It's same on FSX or P3D

Excuse me for my English. It's my english school + Google; And i am 61 yeard old.

I think this video will help You. Here is part of start-up from C&D:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

All taken care of in the upgrade Joe. It won't be too long before it's released.

I have not seen the sun splintering effect on the cockpit glazing. And yes, I bought it. Looking forward to the upgrade.

d

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I think this video will help You. Here is part of start-up from C&D:
    Yes it is, but it did not solve my problem, and i am not alone, i don't understand.
    thank's for your reply

To start the engines you need to follow the procedure.

1) Batteries on, inverters on
    2) Ignition masters ON
    3) Magnetos to both
    4) Fuel cocks open
    5) Fuel pumps4) Carb filters on red lights
    6) Mixtures BACK to full rich
    7) Select engine starter switches and switch START ON
    8) Turn primer to engine number and right click pump 4 times.
    9) Switch MESH on.

If this does not work then you should start a new flight as it may be that info from a previous flight is influencing things. Also, check your fuel state.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    I have not seen the sun splintering effect on the cockpit glazing. And yes, I bought it. Looking forward to the upgrade.

d
    It does not seem to work with DX10 preview on. Try DX9 and see. We are working on it but I think it may be a lost cause for the future...

It's same on FSX or P3D

PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THINGS IN THE AIRCRAFT CFG! The engines have special;y programmed code for starting and we cannot help you if you change stuff around. We will sort you out, we don't sell individually faulty aircraft-that's impossible. A very large number of people are happily flying the B17F.

It's same on FSX or P3D

I have found that if you can't start using the procedure but you can start using Ctl+E, there is a condition in your FSX startup that is missing that the Plane needs. If the designer designed the gauges expecting something to be in a default On position and it is not, then it will never start. You might try starting with the default Cessna and turn on all the switches (batt, gen, fuel...) then switch to the B17 and run the procedure to start. If it then works, back out and try and figure out what is not set correctly in your default setup.

PS as Baz says, you never want to mess with the configs unless you know the inner workings of the flight model.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Will the upcoming upgrade be a full product revamp acquired from point of sale, or a minor patch distributed publicly?

Just curious since some of us had issues getting the B-17F from the AH site and had to purchase it from other distributors.
    It will be a new full package as it contains new models and textures plus new features that affect the panel folder etc.

It will be a new full package as it contains new models and textures plus new features that affect the panel folder etc.

This is why I have held off on buying it: let all the bugs get worked out first

Makes Great Screen Shots

FSX, DX10, Shade

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    FSX, DX10, Shade

Stunning screenshot ! Mike

First shots of the upgrade new model B17F-30. This from the ETO and we will also have an example from the Pacific Theatre. New HD "war weary" textures too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BallA.jpg   BallB.jpg   BallC.jpg   BallD.jpg  

Looking forward to the update Baz. I like the war weary look, will the PK be updated as well to reflect these HD textures? I can also scratch "The 8 Ball" paint off the list of paints to do.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

DVJ, that is an awesome screen shot.

I am waiting for the update before making the purchase of this already great looking rendition of the B17.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    DVJ, that is an awesome screen shot.

I am waiting for the update before making the purchase of this already great looking rendition of the B17.
    Thank you! I was going to wait too, but I was just too curious to see how this stacks up to the A2A. Quite well me thinks, except I miss the crew call outs from Scott and the AccuSim.

-d

New paints from the updgrade. Birmingham Blitzkreig, assembly ship (actually an "Ë") . The Joker's Wild/Black Jack from the Pacific Theatre, Wulf Hund the first captured B17F used for evaluation tests.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WulfHund.jpg   JokerB.jpg   JokerA.jpg   Assembly.jpg  

Very nice!!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Sorry gang, I have been away for awhile. I may just have to check this one out!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10502125_808791972710_4467066516876044896_n.jpg  
    Champaign Lady Volunteer.

Welcome back Witt!

SOH-CM-2023
    Benton IL. U.S.A. Ilive in country with 70 acres.

B17

This is the best plane to come out in a long time, and at a cost all can afford.Thanks Airplane Heaven. Lee

The upgrade is now up at the site and all vendors have been notified so they should have it out pretty soon.
    New -30 model, revised HD textures, firing waist guns, reloadable bombs and many more improvements.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8ball.jpg   WulfHundB.jpg   Bare2.jpg   Bare1.jpg   UpgradeTitle.jpg  

Thank you! Now, I'm just waiting for a link to show up for the download.

Members who have read this thread: 7