Good News Aeroplane Heavens B-17F Out - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Good News Aeroplane Heavens B-17F Out

you're a good man Baz and I for one am really glad AH is back in the game.

I'm sure folks will appreciate the fixes and the new model when released, good on ya for hearing the feedback and taking the time to respond.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Oh yeah, let's get those new paints rolling in! Thanks BB17 & Chuck. FireBall is in the hanger now.

Hoping for something from the Pacific to show up soon. We've got the SW Pacific event going on now, and I'm thinking about a B-17 for the return trip (If I ever make it to the PI in the Harpoon)
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    you're a good man Baz and I for one am really glad AH is back in the game.

I'm sure folks will appreciate the fixes and the new model when released, good on ya for hearing the feedback and taking the time to respond.
    I'll second that! Baz and the boys at AH have always been good to us here at SOH.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Short intro video now up.

https://youtu.be/jEzp4kKDJ3s
    Great job, Baz, by you folks at AH. I'm sure the ground crew had to use the paint at hand to cover repairs.
    Even though it might not exactly match its surroundings, it's done to get ready for the next day's "Maximum Effort".

This is now the new benchmark for quality. It is absolutely stunning, I just wish we had a Lancaster of the same quality.
    Well done guys

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I bought it through PC-aviator, no probs there.
    Unfortunately, I have to say i am a bit disappointed, mainly with the looks, which as a painter I tend to look at first. It flies nice, the different animations are nice, in those respects an excellent model, but the outside...no, not for me, sorry.
    I tend to agree with you, textures in and out and mapping are a big thing for me as well, can you elude a little more please

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    I tend to agree with you, textures in and out and mapping are a big thing for me as well, can you elude a little more please
    For me as well. The features and animations look well done, but there is something about some of the texture realism that this model unfortunately does not have, it holds me back from purchase from what otherwise looks like a good model. I also noticed that there is no shading whatsoever in any of the screenshots or videos. Off topic, I wonder what happened to the AH Dove that was sent over to Just Flight? That was a good looking model in progress that seems to have disappeared.

All models inside and out are completed with ambient occlusion shading.
    Also, revised textures extra features and new extra model are coming in a patch/upgrade.

The Dove is in final stages of beta testing.

Looking forward to the update Baz. Can I ask you if it's possible to un-mirror (is this even a word ) the cowlings. I'm doing a paint on the metal version and can not do the anti-glare panels as they show on both sides. If not I can live without the panels.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

If you mean the cowl flaps, these have been remapped individually for the upgrade. The cowlings are in left and right versions anyway. Hell's Angels has lettering on the right side cowls.

Here's a few pics of the forthcoming free upgrade. Revised HD textures, dimensional props (from an idea by Jarvis, thanks mate, worked a treat) firing waist gunners and a lot more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UpgradeE.jpg   UpgradeD.jpg   UpgradeC.jpg   UpgradeB.jpg   UpgradeA.jpg   UpgradeF.jpg  

Here's a few pics of the forthcoming free upgrade. Revised HD textures, dimensional props (from an idea by Jarvis, thanks mate, worked a treat) firing waist gunners and a lot more.
    Well shut my mouth, those ARE much better looking textures. America! Heck Yeah!

-d

Can you say a little more about what is dimensional props? Thanks
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Most blurred props in FS disappear or at least become indistinct when viewed from the side. With Jan/Javis's kind assistance we have developed a technique to make the body of the props visible and be more convincing from the side view. A couple of the shots of the upgrade show this.

Ah, nice, said that i can see them now on the shots! Thanks AH and mr.Jarvis for the update
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

If you mean the cowl flaps, these have been remapped individually for the upgrade. The cowlings are in left and right versions anyway. Hell's Angels has lettering on the right side cowls.

Hey Baz,

Here is a pic of what I'm talking about. As you can see I painted a patch to see which side is left and right. This is on the right as the paintkit is missing the left side. (AH_B17_Cowlingleft_t.psd) I did make a copy of the cowling bmp and rename it but as you can see from the different color of the cowling that this does not work.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

All taken care of in the upgrade Joe. It won't be too long before it's released.

Hold on...are you saying that you removed the alpha channel from active? please say no. this is highly desirable for a realistic aluminum effect. thar and the inclusion of speculars. does this bird use both diffuse alpha amd specular files? please say yes!

What looks like the problem in the post above is that the alpha needs to be complete white in that patch area, and the specular (hopefully) needs to be tuned down to a much greyer tone in white balance so as not to make the amount of light so glaring.

Joe are you saying it simply doesn't work?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

As I said, the upgrade has all new texturing and the 4 cowls and their associated cowl flaps are independently mapped.

I found two small bugs.
    The indicator lights of the landing gear and the light of the marker beacons do not work

Fixed in the upgrade

Always like to hear of any bugs found but I would be grateful if people could use the support network at our site for bugs etc. SOH is not a support forum for products. Thanks.

Always like to hear of any bugs found but I would be grateful if people could use the support network at our site for bugs etc. SOH is not a support forum for products. Thanks.
    can you show me where can find a support link in your site?
    Thank

Just use the contact form. We always try to get back as soon as we can.

Members who have read this thread: 7