GAS Aeronca C-3 Master Our Gift to the Community - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GAS Aeronca C-3 Master Our Gift to the Community

Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    :-) Lol. PTT button. It's the sailboat angle meter the previous owner mounted that makes me smile. He was in his 90s. Couldn't see the standard slip indicator.

@binarkansas: Any chance of sharing that lovely red paint job?
    griphos:

I am not quite finished with it. It is fictional. It should be finished soon. When it is done, I will try to upload to this site. If I can successfully upload it I will post notice of it here.

Thanks for expressing interest. I am having a hard time finding time to finish painting the C3 due to how much fun it is to fly.

Barry

Great. I'll be looking for it. It's very nice.

Guys, I grabbed the bird and wanted to say thanks from the bottom of my heart. I know that making any plane for FS can be a measure of one's patience, so for you guys to release it for free truly tells me that you fine folks care about the industry and your customers.

Edit: Heywooood, I used your picture for the post I made on Facebook. I hope that's okay. I credited you bud.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyValkyrie View Post
    Guys, I grabbed the bird and wanted to say thanks from the bottom of my heart. I know that making any plane for FS can be a measure of one's patience, so for you guys to release it for free truly tells me that you fine folks care about the industry and your customers.

Edit: Heywooood, I used your picture for the post I made on Facebook. I hope that's okay. I credited you bud.
    no worries - thanks - I feel the same way about Paul and GAS House Gang
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Thankyou GAS!

Made a few hops around Murray Island (YMUI) by ORBX.

dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Quote Originally Posted by CodyValkyrie View Post

Thanks Cody We have a position that we will develop a freeware model each year as a pay forward, recognizing that without the simulator community support our payware side would not thrive. We love what we do staying true to Bill Lyons, our guru.

Repaint NC1966A uploaded

I have finally finished it. If anyone downloads it and it proves not to work right or something let me know. It is the first repaint I've ever uploaded anywhere and I might not have done it right.

Barry

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Quartet.jpg   Rear Quarter.jpg   Left Front.jpg  

Upload and content fine

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Just in time for the barbi...

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

[QUOTE=Roger;973419]Just in time for the barbi...

Roger:

Thanks for the test and the feedback, glad it worked.

Barry

Updated Bump Maps

Here are updated bump maps correcting the wing rib stitching as done by binarkansas also it will place the corrugations on the ailerons of his livery. I'd suggest using it for all models . Just unzip and place both in the Texture.Common folder and remove the maps from the red texture file. (Great work binarkansas)

http://goldenagesimulations.com/GAS/C3_bumps.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    Here are updated bump maps correcting the wing rib stitching as done by binarkansas also it will place the corrugations on the ailerons of his livery. I'd suggest using it for all models . Just unzip and place both in the Texture.Common folder and remove the maps from the red texture file. (Great work binarkansas)

http://goldenagesimulations.com/GAS/C3_bumps.zip
    Thanks so much for producing a bump map file that was what I was attempting to do. I appreciate it greatly. I also appreciate learning how to make the stitches look more accurate. The new stitches look great on NC1966A!

Quote Originally Posted by binarkansas View Post
    Thanks so much for producing a bump map file that was what I was attempting to do. I appreciate it greatly. I also appreciate learning how to make the stitches look more accurate. The new stitches look great on NC1966A!
    my pleasure. Now off to the Davis D-1-K and W

Just finished a British paint for the C3! Available at BritSim now and FlightSim.com probably tomorrow.

Peter W
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3124372.jpg  

At last.. cheers Peter

ATB
    DaveB

Thanks GAS

After days of trying to fix my computer and the stress that goes with it, I now have it up and running with Windows 10. My first flight was with the C-3, low and slow, laid back and very relaxing (as relaxed as you can be in flight). Thanks for another fine aircraft!

OK, a few more C3 paints, uploaded to BritSim and FlightSim.com. A couple more to do and then I must get back to the DH Dragonfly!

Peter W
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 32404153.jpg   29468822.jpg   9999726.jpg  

Cheers Peter

ATB
    DaveB

Thanks Peter
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Charter Member 09

Just beautiful

Take your eyes back to 1937, at the height of the Depression. Ride your bike up the Beverly airport. Among the Stinson Gull Wings and the Taylorcrafts, they have two beautiful Aeroncas. I thank the GAS people that brought this lovely plane back to us. To the very young it may be ugly. But in it's day it provided the freedom of flight. I just love it!
    I especially thank GAS for providing it at a price us folks living on Social Security can afford
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Quote Originally Posted by Helldiver View Post
    Take your eyes back to 1937, at the height of the Depression. Ride your bike up the Beverly airport. Among the Stinson Gull Wings and the Taylorcrafts, they have two beautiful Aeroncas. I thank the GAS people that brought this lovely plane back to us. To the very young it may be ugly. But in it's day it provided the freedom of flight. I just love it!
    I especially thank GAS for providing it at a price us folks living on Social Security can afford
    I agree with Helldiver. Thank you to the whole gang at GAS.

RD

yes - for the sake of Serenity - thank you GAS, this is the plane I fly whenever I am looking to relieve stress through FSX therapy...its good whenever of course but, for me - when the alligators have been up to my eyeballs
    and I manage to escape finally at 5:00 - I like to set the C3 up at Walter Suttons' or High River and just orbit the airstrip for a few TG's - now that's some kinda nice
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Thank you GAS-people for such a fine gift for the flightsim-community! So much fun flying it from my hometown airfield (EHHV), which fortunately still is a grass airfield.

hertzie.

Quote Originally Posted by hertzie View Post
    Thank you GAS-people for such a fine gift for the flightsim-community! So much fun flying it from my hometown airfield (EHHV), which fortunately still is a grass airfield.

hertzie.
    All of our Simming Fans and Friends are Quite welcome!!! I appreciate all of your enthusiasm and support! Its what keeps me going!!! Best Gil

An Aeronca C-3 makes the news in Britain:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cornwall-34537135
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Members who have read this thread: 0