Win 10 a spy in your home Beware!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Win 10 a spy in your home Beware!!

Members +
    Maybe because you are SHOUTING?
    Can you please chat a bit softer?

Many thanks,

The latest ads for W10 showing the babies suggests their target market; unsuspecting, innocent, unable to think or fend for themselves.
    Here is a generation that will grow up firmly believing that Siri and Cortana actually care whether your dinner reservation is ok.

Charter Member 2016
    Wow. . . I mean, just WOW !! So many people here that need a new fitting for the fall line of tin-foil hats coming out. . . Sadly entertaining. .

Gman . . maybe a special helmet for you, eh ?
    "Those who live by the sword are shot by those who don't"

Lately I have been hearing/reading about all the horrific events that are predicted to happen around the middle of this month. Sheesh. If it isn't worrying about the govt. or some other nefarious entity spying on me and stealing my identity, it is predictions of cataclysmic events.

There's a young woman (early 40s, I think) who attends my church. She is, without a doubt, the happiest person I've ever met. Her secret? She never ever watches the news. Say what you will about the need to stay informed, etc.... My take on it all is this.....if the sh...t is going to hit the fan, I am powerless to stop it. Worrying about it won't do anything except cause me MORE stress. I read about folks who stockpile food, ammo, survival gear, etc... If things get that bad, I would rather not be around!!! Sure, you can survive for a while with food, water, and protect yourself with firearms. But eventually supplies run out, and then what?

Sorry to get off on a tangent. I guess I just look at things differently. NC
    Last edited by Navy Chief; September 5th, 2015 at 12:01.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toastmaker View Post
    Wow. . . I mean, just WOW !! So many people here that need a new fitting for the fall line of tin-foil hats coming out. . . Sadly entertaining. .

Gman . . maybe a special helmet for you, eh ?
    Do you have data or just an empty opinion with nothing to back it up?

I'll be happy to debate anyone with hard data that would render mine invalid. If you have that...I'd love to see it. If you don't have the data, then I don't see how your comment is relevant.

I assure you sir, I am quite rational, well researched and can provide the data upon request.

If, on the other hand, you are just looking to tug on my leg I'll leave this conversation at just that.
    The site administrators have been kind enough to allow this thread to continue, most likely due to the fact that the conversation has remained respectful. Your comment, sir, seeks to elevate the dialogue to a confrontation.

https://youtu.be/kQFKtI6gn9Y
    Last edited by gman5250; September 5th, 2015 at 14:01.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Lately I have been hearing/reading about all the horrific events that are predicted to happen around the middle of this month. Sheesh. If it isn't worrying about the govt. or some other nefarious entity spying on me and stealing my identity, it is predictions of cataclysmic events.

There's a young woman (early 40s, I think) who attends my church. She is, without a doubt, the happiest person I've ever met. Her secret? She never ever watches the news. Say what you will about the need to stay informed, etc.... My take on it all is this.....if the sh...t is going to hit the fan, I am powerless to stop it. Worrying about it won't do anything except cause me MORE stress. I read about folks who stockpile food, ammo, survival gear, etc... If things get that bad, I would rather not be around!!! Sure, you can survive for a while with food, water, and protect yourself with firearms. But eventually supplies run out, and then what?

Sorry to get off on a tangent. I guess I just look at things differently. NC
    Hey Chief...I think you'll like this one.
    https://youtu.be/9U4Ha9HQvMo
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Hey Chief...I think you'll like this one.

Now that was funny! NC

The damnable thing about these funny video clips is the amount of time that vanishes once entrapped within them. Now what was it I intended to do before I logged on an hour ago ................
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Ah yes, the 24/7 news cycle. Unless a cat gets caught in a tree-- then it becomes incessant coverage of the cat's early life, upbringing, relatives, other cats' opinions, and the general societal problem of cats in trees. This coverage continues in much the same vein as the BullS**t video, blocking out all other events and happenings from being reported as they happen.....

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    ... exactly , I live in the "Heart Of Dixie " , a.k.a., Alabama, and if a Hurricane, a little flooding, or some sort of "Act of God", happened and it washed 100,000 of us out into the Gulf of Mexico, nobody would give a rat's ass about it !

.... but let a Tornado come through here and the liberal news media will interview the most "countrified person" they see, with no teeth ... saying " ...they sez it sounds like a Choo-Choo train, but I didn't hear no clickity-clack, toot-toot or nutting, it wuz just a big ol' boom!"

.... but let anything happen in dear ol' California or them there East coast/ Midwest big cities and we gotta here 'bout it all week long !

Where's that video from the Newshawk Forum ?

Icon14 ~ Oh, man...~

.Nothing but love for you, G-man.

​.

Charter Member 2016

Icon23

Gman writes: "When one takes the position that having nothing to hide is a justification to betray the security of everyone else, you spit on the honorable men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice to defend your right to breathe.

In doing so you place the burden of vigilance upon the shoulders of people like ME who are unrelenting in our passion to remain free. Each person who abdicates their privacy through a EULA or any other device incrementally erodes the very foundation of every society.

What a hero. . . thanks for saving us from the boogyman ! I've seen lots of paranoid conspiracy folks like you on the internet. . . all have the same basic story and all desperately in need of a new foil hat. . .

Coming up with false narratives and then demanding that others prove you wrong is absurd, but typical. Thanks for the entertainment !

Quote Originally Posted by HouseHobbit View Post
    Well, if somebody is spying on me, they will die of either boredom or laughter. Nothing to hide here.

Blog Entries
    [/I]What a hero. . . thanks for saving us from the boogyman ! I've seen lots of paranoid conspiracy folks like you on the internet. . . all have the same basic story and all desperately in need of a new foil hat. . .

Coming up with false narratives and then demanding that others prove you wrong is absurd, but typical. Thanks for the entertainment !
    If you define entertainment as bullying those who do not share your opinion, then you are quite welcome sir.

if, on the other hand you are able to conduct yourself in a respectful manner while offering a meaningful counterpoint, I will be glad to continue this conversation.

Your comment seeks to define me in terms that you are not qualified to ascribe, as you know absolutely nothing about me other than what you have read in this blog.

Outside of your personal determination that I am "paranoid", a condition requiring specific symptoms that I doubt you could cite, you describe me using du jour talking points i.e. "tin foil hat" or "conspiracy theorist" that are specifically crafted to invalidate without actually offering any substantive data that would support your contrary perspective.

I would be keen to know if you could tell me which recent administration repeatedly utilized this tactic, why, and what agency specifically developed the strategy to quash legitimate investigation by manufacturing distraction and misinformation while utilizing character assassination? Perhaps you could cite which published, peer reviewed studies cover this subject in great detail.

I would bet real money that your response will not contain an actual answer.

My direct response to you, sir, is that I see you as one of three things.

One: You are the type of person who seeks to coddle their own insecurities by puffing up, posturing and generally attempting to draw attention to themselves by being loud and rude in the digital arena where real world consequences do not apply.

Two: You have a vested interest in disrupting legitimate dialogue conducted on this and other blogs.

Three: You are intolerant, opinionated and utterly devoid of respect for anyone, including yourself.

In closing, I am concerned with only one thing...covering my six.

If my data is of value to others, then I offer it to those who are interested.
    Those who are not interested are welcome to conduct their affairs as they please. Most here are quite content to leave things at that.

Your inflammatory use of the word "Hero" is an attempt to elicit a hostile response from me.
    Out of respect for this blog, I will defer from engaging you in this forum, while pointing out that there is a line that a gentleman would not cross.
    Last edited by gman5250; September 16th, 2015 at 21:49.
    Thomas Jefferson

No use "G"... your talking in a fantasy flight sim world forum!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

True, Gman. There are none so blind nor so deaf as those who will not see nor hear.

I, for one, will not use windows 10. First, because it offers me nothing I give a dam about, and second, because Microsoft insists on really stupid things, like forced updates because they know best, and rummaging around in my PERSONAL computer to see if I'm being a good M$oft servant.

If you bought your refrigerator from Microsoft, they would insist on being able to inspect its contents and upgrade or throw them out as they see fit. During one of their upgrades, the machine would cease to function because of God knows why, and you would lose all your food.

Windows 7 is the last os for me. Linux for online.

Charter Member 2016
    "I would bet real money that your response will not contain an actual answer."

Here's an actual answer; you've got bloviating down pat. Must have studied under Ken Stallings.

When you try to pass off absurd conspiracy theories as factual events you cause problems, you don't solve any. We have enough garbage floating around through our society, thanks.

"This Bravo Sierra makes me LIVID every time I read one of these posts. For the record I do not tolerate disrespect nor insolence. Leaving this forum would not distress me in the slightest if these insults persist."

Really ? . . . well -

Blog Entries
    Mr. Stallings is a former member of this site with whom I maintain no communication sir. It would not be appropriate to demean a former member who is not a participant in this discussion, and therefore cannot address you directly.
    Thomas Jefferson

"I would bet real money that your response will not contain an actual answer."

Here's an actual answer; you've got bloviating down pat. Must have studied under Ken Stallings.

When you try to pass off absurd conspiracy theories as factual events you cause problems, you don't solve any. We have enough garbage floating around through our society, thanks.

"This Bravo Sierra makes me LIVID every time I read one of these posts. For the record I do not tolerate disrespect nor insolence. Leaving this forum would not distress me in the slightest if these insults persist."

Really ? . . . well -

First and only warning.
    It costs nothing to be polite so play nice and speak politely.
    If not, there will be consequences!!!!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Something like this situation was summed up pretty well recently.
    I paraphrase, but it went something like this - Not caring about your right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is like agreeing to give up your right to freedom of speech because you have nothing to say.

I think in this case we're all going to have to agree to disagree. I see no way this thread will resolve anything and I believe it is best to close it now.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Members who have read this thread: 0