Windows 10 and FS9 and FSX

Thread: Windows 10 and FS9 and FSX

Windows 10 and FS9 and FSX

I am having a problem in using both FSX and FS9 in Windows 10, and it isn't just localized to one computer. It is the same problem on both my laptop and desktop machines.

I have FS9 installed on both machines and FSX installed on the desktop. The laptop using Intel brand HD graphics processor built into it. and the desktop uses an AMD Radeon HD 6670.

The problem is this, when i try to run the sims in Full Screen mode they go to a black screen when i try to use alt key to bring up menus or when i try to bring up check lists. Both sims work fine in windowed mode. i ran "troubleshoot compatibility" on the programs in both machines. This problem isn't limited to just one version of windows either.

The laptop is a Windows Home 64-bit and the desktop is Windows 10 Pro 32-bit.

So the only conclusion i can make these programs are to old for Windows 10, but here i have to say I use other games that are just as old and have no problem. My NASCAR Racing 2003 runs perfect and all my old EA Games Modal of Honor Allied Assault (plus expansions) run nicely under Windows 10

Both Widnows 10 are the release versions

Anyone have any thoughts on this.
    "Thats some of the best flying I have ever seen, upto the point that your dead, Never ever leave your wingman!"......Jester, Top Gun

Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Members who have read this thread: 0