Windows 10 snafu / content thread - Page 12
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 24567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10 snafu / content thread

Attach it kdriver.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Library Staff
    Here you go Allen.
    Attached Files Attached Files

After beating my head looking at my working Win10 and your cfg in WinMerge. My conclusion is that it has something to do with the [DISPLAY] Device= key. I can drop your config in and change the Device= to use my graphic and it works fine. IF I leave your graphic card in the Device= I get pixalated mess.

Do you have a internal graphic card that is disabled? If yes can you re-enable it and see if CFS2 will use it and not give you a pixalated mess?

Also looks like you would be better off to set 1024x768x16 in the Mode= key. The settings you have of 1920x1200x32 makes CFS2 on my PC go "No" and load the 640x480 2d panels.

Library Staff
    Allen, thanks for looking at it - it is frustrating.

I'll try disabling the Nvidia card and enabling the onboard Intel graphics.

1920X1200X32 gives me the right proportions for my monitor and there is no problem with instrument panels. I tried 1024x768x16 and it made no difference.

Should I be able to see the list of 32 bit aspect ratios in Advanced Settings? As I mentioned before, only 16 bit ratios show up.

kDRIVER

It wouldn't hurt to reduce the TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024 to 512, and the LOD_TARGET_FPS=30 to 25

(about 30 lines up from the graphics card)

Also - as well as 1024 x 768, try other ratios - maybe 1280 x 720.

The other thing, that could be important (you may already have looked at this?) is to ensure that you actually have the NVIDIA drivers, and not the Windows version. Windows 10 can be desperate to stop you having the correct graphics drivers and will tell you that it has the correct/best driver, but is often lying! I think we had a similar problem with a pretty basic graphics card, but when we manged to get the NVIDIA drivers installed it worked much better, even though Windows insited that it already had the best driver.

kdriver

Looks like 1024x768 is the max you can use or CFS2 will defualt to 640x480 in full screen mode. Checked on my end by using the PrintScreen key to do a screen shot than pasted it into a "photoshop". Resolutions is used in Windowed mode to load the 640 or 1024 2d panel images and hi res gauges images.

Not seeing 32 bit options now but that doesn't matter as you can manually set resolutions and color bit. Looks like 1024x768x32 will be the safe bet going forward.

Again I think the problem is that CFS2 can't fully see your Nvidia card and can't use hardware acceleration. It may be a long shot but check your Setting pages and see if it list another or the same Nvidia card twice with (\\.\DISPLAY). Try changing to one of the others. Close CFS2, than open and edit the CFS2.cfg.

My GPU is Radeon RX580 with on-board Radeon Vega Graphics (APU) and thankful it hasn't caused me any problems other than I can't free up the 1 GB the Motherboard assigns to the on-board Radeon Vega Graphics.

Library Staff
    Richard & Allen,

Thanks for your suggestions. Here is the latest. I used a program called Display Driver Uninstaller to get rid of all traces of the Nvidia drivers, then reinstalled them. I now get a good picture without pixilation.

I do have the \\.\DISPLAY entry in Advanced Settings and there are still no 32 bit aspect ratios listed. I've left the 1920x1200x32 entry in the cfg file. I don't know if hardware acceleration is working, but at least the picture and frame rates are normal.

Kevin

I have the exact same problem that kdriver has not able to utilize the hardware accelerator. Worked on it for a almost a month and have given up. If anyone finds a solution, please post.

msfossey

Quote Originally Posted by msfossey View Post
    I have the exact same problem that kdriver has not able to utilize the hardware accelerator. Worked on it for a almost a month and have given up. If anyone finds a solution, please post.

msfossey
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-7d6f587bfd41

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    Richard & Allen,

Thanks for your suggestions. Here is the latest. I used a program called Display Driver Uninstaller to get rid of all traces of the Nvidia drivers, then reinstalled them. I now get a good picture without pixilation.

I do have the \\.\DISPLAY entry in Advanced Settings and there are still no 32 bit aspect ratios listed. I've left the 1920x1200x32 entry in the cfg file. I don't know if hardware acceleration is working, but at least the picture and frame rates are normal.

Kevin

Good news. - out of interest, which Windows 10 are you using?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image2.png 
Views:	208 
Size:	153.8 KB 
ID:	80062

Also the On side is using 32 bit color "Bilinear filtering", "MIP Maps", "Anti-Alias" and "T and L" turned on with the "Hardware Acceleration"

Library Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by RWILLS View Post
    Good news. - out of interest, which Windows 10 are you using?
    I'm using the Pro version.

Library Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post

Also the On side is using 32 bit color "Bilinear filtering", "MIP Maps", "Anti-Alias" and "T and L" turned on with the "Hardware Acceleration"
    That's basically a before and after picture of what I see.

Icon22 Reply...

Good evening,

Setting up the new laptop, when things still weren't working quite right, all I had to do was look back and take it step-by-step. Keeping this thread was a wonderful idea.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Bearcat; for what it's worth you are right in my observations.

Given the most input I can do is turning the kit on; [I have my tower working using 8.1 as built]. I put all the wonderful addon stuff in it and all is well, including FS2004, [until I got browned off with flying for the sake of it], and all is well. Nuffin gorn rong!

I don't have any problem 'cos I use the great Irish statment; 'To be sure, to be sure'.

This is not only to keep my machine un-adulterated from me but mostly to stop the 'gentlemen' at Micro$hyte 'improving my experience'. The differences between 'Bull$hyte and Micro$hyte is becoming difficult to differentiate.

Everything I have input in this answer is based on my ignorance. I am happy with that. Just part of the rainbow... As the song goes; Seven Golden Daffodils.

Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    XP...not the latest but still the best in the whole line
    Bearcat241; it's nice you to state that XP is the best. From my operating system 8.1' it all started to morph from an operating system to a snoop system which covers its cancerous activities by bloating you with toys and colours.

Back in the sixties I worked for H.M.G. in England on intelligence work.

The first job I ever did was a telephone tap on a subscriber in London. Six weeks after the tap was done the Six Day War happened. The gentleman was an arab.

This is the first time I have put this out, not because I think I'm some sort of James Bond, just because I'm sick of believing in my Country. There comes a time when others who hide in the woodwork use you as a puppet. Far queue all!

I'm waiting for some little turd, who is following orders, to turn up around the 's' bend in my khazi and he's outnumbered by more of the same of his equals going the other way!

Just remember this; one day peeps will laugh at all this stupidity. But not for now...

Graham.

Rami, I think I have cross connected my replies. Can you possibly delete all those I have given to this thread.

Thanks to 'Arfur Itis' I have appear to have messed up completely!

Graham.

Rami, please ignore previous letter. There is somthing with this keyboard.

No action needed.

Graham.

NVIDIA GTX1650 running fine with my setup in win 7, but I upgrade my CPU to windows 10

the aircraft selection menu can not display it, all in black look the image.
    the value that make a problem is disabled = 0

Name:	Value problem.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	81505

Name:	cfs2 Pantalla negra.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	81503
    I attach the setup file
    cfs2.rar

pressing alt + enter shrinks the game and you can see the selection menu with the planes, but pressing alt +
    enter again expands the screen, which is called scaling and the problem comes

Name:	Escalado problema.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	81506

Quote Originally Posted by Maxstuka View Post
    pressing alt + enter shrinks the game and you can see the selection menu with the planes, but pressing alt +
    enter again expands the screen, which is called scaling and the problem comes

Name:	Escalado problema.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	81506
    Try disabling the program based display scaling

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...b-52fb8906ef70

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post

Ttfn

Pete
    Hi, I tried with it but the problem can not solved.

I instaled the CFS2 in a Ryzen 2200G, with integrated radeon vega 8, I have the same problem, aircrafts menu look black.

Someone can run win 10 without this problem?,what is your PC?

I am documenting everything on my page

https://sites.google.com/view/cfs2ma...lacas-graficas

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post

Ttfn

Pete
    What is your PC that is out of these problems?

Members who have read this thread: 52