Windows 10 snafu / content thread - Page 8
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10 snafu / content thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    Ravenna: I will try my "virgin install" of cfs2 and see if MB works when I get home. As I recall, I don't think it works either.

Does anyone recall the max number of dps for the Objects DP folder - I forgot.
    I'm at about 1800 and still able to run MB, but it may be variable. After adding Robert John's railway tracks I had to delete a lot of them as MB stopped working, so I assumed I was over the limit.

I haven't started up my Windows 10 system yet. I decided to plug away on a few missions on my Win 7 laptop. I'd really like to do it on my Win 10 laptop as it is a newer, better computer with a larger screen.

All my installs on my 10 system give the same result when I try to open MB. I've even downloaded and installed an earlier version of DirectX, set it to run as administrator with User Controls set to the minimum and placed the installs in a separate folder other than Programs or Programs (x86) . Still, the CFS2 game works fine but Mission Builder gives me that display error and crashes.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Windows 10

Good afternoon gentlemen,

as the originator of this thread nearly three years ago I feel I must bring you up to date with my latest acquaintance with W10 - I recently read that Microsoft were ending their support of W7 in January next year so decided that I'd have another go at upping to W10.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-to-windows-10

following the link in the article I downloaded the MediaCreationTool - however before using it I took a few precautions :

1. read thru' this entire thread - No CD patch essential for all installs

2. performed disc clean-up

3. created new restore point in system ( just in case )

then with bated breath set MediaCreationTool in motion

after a lot of pacing up and down ( like an expectant father ) and ticking boxes when required I am now in W10

naturally enough the first thing I tried was good ol' CFS 2 - 'et voila !' or indeed 'ca va !' as notre cher ami, dombral would say she appears to work perfectly, including MB.

It's early days yet but so far so promising -- this has proved to be far less stressful than my first collision with W10.

Good luck to anyone else who tries it

all the best

baldy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

baldy's stuff at:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rid=480&sort=d

Hello everyone.

I just installed CFS2 under WIN10. But I encounter a problem of display, the game remains in 640x480 despite the changes in the parameter panel. I also can not check the hardware acceleration box.
    Do you have an idea?
    I7, GTX 1060

Thank you .

Manually setting [DISPLAY]

Below is all of the keys to add to your CFS2.CFG to manually set display settings. You will need to change the Device= and Mode= to suit your PC. The rest should work.

[DISPLAY]
    Device=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 TI (\\.\DISPLAY1)
    Mode=1024x768x32
    Dither=0
    Filter=1
    TriLinear=0
    MipMap=1
    AntiAlias=1
    HWTnL=1
    Disable=0

Details explanation below of what each key means. 0 is off and 1 is on unless noted.

Filter Options. Only one can be on. Dither = No Filter, Filter = Bilinear Filter and TriLinear = Trilinear Filter.
    Dither=0
    Filter=0
    TriLinear=0

All 3 can be on at the same time. MipMap = Mip Maping, AntiAlias = Anti-Alias and HWTnL = T and L.
    MipMap=0
    AntiAlias=0
    HWTnL=0

Enable hardware acceleration (Check Box)
    Disable=0 This looks to Enable Hardware Acceleration when set to 0.

Unknown...
    Stencil=0
    PageFlip=0
    Fog=0 This looks to be the blend fog I guess fog is on by defalt unless you put Fog=0 in the [DISPLAY] cat.
    TripleBuffer=0
    SWTnL=0
    DXTn=0
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Hi Allen Thank you for your answer. Your solution works to change the graphical settings in the CFS2 Control Panel. But unfortunately this does not change the graphics quality in the simulator which remains in 640x480.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails affichage basse resolution.jpg  

640x480 dosen't look to be the problem.

Looks like Enable hardware acceleration isn't on and Bilinear Filter or Trilinear Filter isn't on as well.

Do the changes than start cfs2. Do NOT go into settings after that. Another things is try to remove the not needed keys so you have a display that looks like this. Also try changing to TriLinear=1 if need be.

[DISPLAY]
    Device=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 TI (\\.\DISPLAY1)
    Mode=1024x768x32
    Filter=1
    MipMap=1
    AntiAlias=1
    HWTnL=1
    Disable=0

Icon9

[DISPLAY]
    Device=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (\\.\DISPLAY1)
    Mode=1024x768x32
    Dither=1
    Filter=1
    TriLinear=1
    MipMap=1
    AntiAlias=1
    HWTnL=1
    Disable=1

I tried with these settings, the box hardware acceleration remains empty.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails panneau graphisme.jpg  

Disable= must be 0 It odd.

MERCI !

Thanks a lot for your help

I find CFS2 like 20 years ago!

Hi people, what has better performarce for cfs2, win 7 x64 or win 10 x64?. I see videos that videogames has better performace with win 10. oppinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxstuka View Post
    Hi people, what has better performarce for cfs2, win 7 x64 or win 10 x64?. I see videos that videogames has better performace with win 10. oppinions?
    I have just installed CFS2 in Win 10. I used to fly it in Win 7.

My impression is that it is almost the same in the DOS mode. I have a 4X3 monitor with the Win 7 system, I can fly it in the DOS mode.

I have a 16X9 monitor with the Win 10 system now. I don't like the DOS mode, the gauges are elongated. It looks OK with the VC cockpit. The speed is almost 2-3X faster in the Window mode (use alt-enter).

Quote Originally Posted by AcWai View Post
    I have just installed CFS2 in Win 10. I used to fly it in Win 7.

My impression is that it is almost the same in the DOS mode. I have a 4X3 monitor with the Win 7 system, I can fly it in the DOS mode.

I have a 16X9 monitor with the Win 10 system now. I don't like the DOS mode, the gauges are elongated. It looks OK with the VC cockpit. The speed is almost 2-3X faster in the Window mode (use alt-enter).
    AcWai: Did you install CFS2 on a base Win 10 system or one, upgraded from Win 8.1 or 7? If from the basic system, is your Mission Builder working?
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    AcWai: Did you install CFS2 on a base Win 10 system or one, upgraded from Win 8.1 or 7? If from the basic system, is your Mission Builder working?
    Shadow Wolf 07

I installed CFS2 in a new PC with Windows 10 Home.

I can not even find the CFS2 Mission Builder program.

I did try the CFS1 mission builder, Windows 10 would not allow me to run the program.

Andrew

Mission builder is apart of the CFS2.exe it self. Make a copy of the normal shortcut to start CFS2 and Name it Mission Builder than in the Target path add /BUILDER: at the end. Your Target path should now look something like this. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2\cfs2.exe" /BUILDER:

Also a Mission Builder shortcut should be in the start menu if you installed from CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Mission builder is apart of the CFS2.exe it self. Make a copy of the normal shortcut to start CFS2 and Name it Mission Builder than in the Target path add /BUILDER: at the end. Your Target path should now look something like this. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2\cfs2.exe" /BUILDER:

Also a Mission Builder shortcut should be in the start menu if you installed from CDs.
    Thanks Allen,

The mission builder works with Windows 10.

Andrew

CDR Gib Brown, USCG (Ret) - CG Aviator 795

No surprise, the coding and design for CFS2 is OLD Single digit and not ready for Win 10 and that coding. I happen to think we should get our acts together and do a complete design and release of CFS2 (Modern).

Then we would not have much consternation with an updated capability.

Quote Originally Posted by baldy View Post
    Good afternoon gentlemen,

as the originator of this thread nearly three years ago I feel I must bring you up to date with my latest acquaintance with W10 - I recently read that Microsoft were ending their support of W7 in January next year so decided that I'd have another go at upping to W10.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-to-windows-10

following the link in the article I downloaded the MediaCreationTool - however before using it I took a few precautions :

1. read thru' this entire thread - No CD patch essential for all installs

2. performed disc clean-up

3. created new restore point in system ( just in case )

then with bated breath set MediaCreationTool in motion

after a lot of pacing up and down ( like an expectant father ) and ticking boxes when required I am now in W10

naturally enough the first thing I tried was good ol' CFS 2 - 'et voila !' or indeed 'ca va !' as notre cher ami, dombral would say she appears to work perfectly, including MB.

It's early days yet but so far so promising -- this has proved to be far less stressful than my first collision with W10.

Good luck to anyone else who tries it

all the best

baldy
    I'm seriously thinking of doing this baldy. I'll need to find my Win7 key. I'm working on a newer comp right now so might as spend the "set-up cfs2 headbanging" on the latest OS.
    Here goes...

Icon22

Sir Baldy,

Thanks for posting and providing those links for Windows 10. The transition went through seamlessly.

Dave

W10

dvslats

Glad to hear it's worked out OK for you, I haven't been on the game much recently but when I do it works just fine

all the best

baldy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

baldy's stuff at:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rid=480&sort=d

4GB Patch

Do I need it? Things seem to be running fine without it.

I think patching CFS2 to use 4GB broke Mission Builder....

Okay, thanks Allen. I'll leave well enough alone.

High Detail Vc

Would someone be able to post from their CFS2.cfg, the parameter that will enable higher resolution in the virtual cockpit?

Dave

4GB patch - I have WIN7 Home Premium OS & I patched the CFS2 executible in all my installs. I found an improvement in smoothness & rendering speed in "object-heavy" missions, so I'd say the Sim being able to see & use the 4GB helps.

I can use Mission Builder in all my installs too, no issues.

High Detail VC - Don't think there's a particular setting in CFS2.cfg for High Detail VC panels.

I just think you just double up the VC panel.cfg "pixel size" entry for the aircraft in question (not forgetting to double up all the gauge size numbers too).

Members who have read this thread: 52