Windows 10 snafu / content thread - Page 6
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10 snafu / content thread

Quote Originally Posted by No Dice View Post
    I never heard of Grunter, But it may be cool to see?

Everyone loves flying pigs, I also have a free parking
    sign in the ALPS.
    At Simviation, under CFS2/Misc section.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries

Windows 10 problem

My wife recently bought me a new Dell computer with Windows 10. My cfs2 is working fine, except I get a small black screen instead of the plane when I click on an aircraft. How can I fix this.

Braveheart

Try change to full screen or windowed mode by ALT+Enter.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Try change to full screen or windowed mode by ALT+Enter.
    Yeppers, What Allen said.

It will fix that problem.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildog73 View Post
    Yeppers, What Allen said.

It will fix that problem.
    Fellows:

It works fine in windowed mode. However, How do you get it to full screen mode?

Braveheart

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    I am getting a black strip on each side in full screen. Is it suppose to cover the whole screen in full screen?

Braveheart

CFS2 was ment to be ran at close to square settings. As long as the game screen is close to square all should be good.

Request to Rami

Rami, I know you are bogged and Busy....But is there a way to have a subforum on the top of the
    CFS2 page ( like the FS2004 Forum ) that would make it easier for our newer members to find the
    "How To" sections on making the Sim work in Win 7 and Win 10.
    Just a thought......We all luv ya dude.

Dave
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

All he needs to is make a sticky for windows 7 & 10 and leave it up. I know the CFS3 forum has a sticky for win 10 up for over a year now.

Thank You Rami,
    What would we do without you.

Dave
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

I am amazed CFS2 will work on W7, To get it to run and my old games COD Too I went to Windows utilities
    in there is a number KB3086255, I uninstalled it and CFS2 worked. This number is included when you
    update W7 MS will not tell you about that but so far there is no patch from MS (which they have no intentions
    of doing. So be alert when MS wants to do a windows update that will cause the number to come back. Also
    when you install W7 for the first time MS will ask for a user name (you cannot get around it) once that is
    done it will ask you to update w7 do not let that happen. Say I will decide on my own, that way MS cannot
    install Admin previlages.

I hope this helps

Casey Jones 7-11
    The Hunters

windows 10/joystick

Hello,
    spent hours trying to get cfs 2 working on w10, no joy.
    my thrustmaster joystick is calibrated to work ok but plays dead, non functional when trying to fly.
    sometimes the screen freezes when trying to exit, last time had to use my backup disk to get back
    to the desktop.
    any comments welcome,
    regards
    omega
    pc is only 8 months old, hp all in one

Icon22 Reply...

Omega,

I'm not sure how to help, except to try seeing if you can run the .exe file in an older OS mode. You can do that with some Windows Operating Systems.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    my thrustmaster joystick is calibrated to work ok but plays dead, non functional when trying to fly.
    In my experience thrustmaster products are DOA with CFS2. There's some strange animosity between the entire line and the sim. All kinds of weird gremlins unleashed when you try to pair these two. Just sideline the TM joystick for your other sims and pick up a used Logitech or Saitek or Microsofty from someplace.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    In my experience thrustmaster products are DOA with CFS2. There's some strange animosity between the entire line and the sim. All kinds of weird gremlins unleashed when you try to pair these two.
    I have played CFS2 with my Thrustmaster 'Top Gun' Afterburner 2 for ages without any issue...

Good for you, but all systems aren't equal. Apparently Omega and i have different setups, and hence lesser experiences.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Not What I Remember...

Trying to rebuild CFS2 in a windows 10 environment is either interesting, challenging or unhinging, depending on one's state of mind. I have been able to get my OS to recognise the sim by replacing the exe with a no cd file. It lets me in but I still get a black box where my selected aircraft should be, even though I have pressed alt+enter. Not too concerned about that, although it would be useful to see the loadout. What is concerning me is the contents of the aircraft folder. My memory is that the aircraft folder contained a US pilot and a Japanese pilot. Is that right? I was about to add Allen's Hellcats when I had a look at the readme file. I then assumed that the textures for the US pilot would be in scenedb/ texture, but that's empty. Now not sure where to place the files for Wolfi's US pilot even though I am inclined to try the empty folder I mentioned given that the pilot comes with a bgl file. A couple of issues there...sorry to muddy the waters.

Stock CFS2 dose NOT contained a US pilot and a Japanese pilot in the aircraft folder. Stock US and JA Pilot textures are loaded from Combat Flight Simulator 2\MODELS than JA_PILOT or US_PILOT folders.

My Hellcats use the stock set up for pilot texture. If you using a mod of my Hellcats you will need to look at the read me that came with it.

Thanks Allen, that is a big help.

I think my sarcasm meter may be off... Add-on that remove pilots from models and replace them with DP based one will need a texture to Alpha out the pilot that is made into the model so that the DP pilot is the only one seen.

For the add-on for my Hellcat your talking about it should have a us_pilot_1.bmp and us_pilot_2.bmp that need to go into the Hellcat's texture folder. This will remove the stock pilot from the model.

Hi Ravenna,

There is a us_pilot_1.bmp and us_pilot_2.bmp in the main CFS2 Texture Folder.

First the sim looks in the Aircraft Texture folder for textures. If it does not find one the sim defaults to the CFS2 Texture Folder.

Hope this helps,

B24Guy

Quote Originally Posted by The B24 Guy View Post
    Hi Ravenna,

There is a us_pilot_1.bmp and us_pilot_2.bmp in the main CFS2 Texture Folder.

First the sim looks in the Aircraft Texture folder for textures. If it does not find one the sim defaults to the CFS2 Texture Folder.

Hope this helps,

B24Guy
    Yep, this helps.....also jogs my memory. How easy to forget that it is easy to forget.
    Cheers

Win 10

Quote Originally Posted by baldy View Post
    anybody here got W10 and can make cfs2 work ? my rig keeps asking for admin permissions - I open as administrator and still nothing - is it me?

baldy
    Hi, I think this is the solution. You go to the cfs2 folder and you choose the program that runs the game. Right click properties, compatibility and activate the first box and you apply it and then accept it, with that it should serve

Now I put myself into troubble, I got a new rig Lenovo desktop of pocket size (allmost) os win 10 pro 64 bit and now is it ower playing cfs's of all kinds, I have been though this thred an tryed all the trics but still in vane. The games can easely be installed but clicking the exe's absolutely nothing happens,sometimes I am asked to lock on with administrator previleges, but I am the administrator of this bl...y rig. Is there a difference between 34 or 64 bits, re.the running the games ? Did any of you gents installed the cfs2 in the same OS,pressed the exe. and voila! game is running? if not, please tell me about all your fighting before you succeded. I am not a computer freak and absolute and starting from the beginning re.win.10.
    Killer Svend

Hi KillerSvend
    I have Windows 10 Home Edition.
    CFS2 is installed in C/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games.
    CFS2.exe is set to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP (service pack 2)
    It is being run as an administrator.
    All users / administrators have:
    Full Control
    Modify
    Read and Execute
    Read
    Write
    'ticked'

You can right click on the CFS2.exe file to open up these features.

Good Luck
    Stuart

Members who have read this thread: 52