Windows 10 snafu / content thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 10 snafu / content thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Devildog73,

Take a big wooden mallet, position it over your computer, and begin to swing the mallet back and forth in a hammering motion that creates substantial force. Repeat motion until all parts are thoroughly smashed and frustration is eliminated.

Just kidding...look here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...hlight=Windows
    Thanks Rams...

I did an advanced search and found that thread.
    Going to my storage drive and getting the NO CD CFS2 exe.

I'll be back.
    Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Yep,
    I hate to say this in the open forum, but the answer for running CFS2 in Windows 10X64 is the No CD exe.

Fires right up and runs strong with all sliders maxed out.

It simply will not run in Windows 10 unless you modify it in this manner.

I got a new box because the old one was making all sorts of noise and fans might be getting ready to die on the power supply, the CPU, or vid card or all three.
    Dell had an excellent President's sale to get rid of their older stuff so I picked up a Windows 10 with 3.7 duo core, 8 Gb RAM, 2Gb video card and 7200 RPM 1TB HD.
    DD73
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Icon22 Reply...

Lee,

No worries. I think after fifteen-plus years, we don't have to deny its existence anymore. Just refrain from saying where you found it is all.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Lee,

No worries. I think after fifteen-plus years, we don't have to deny its existence anymore. Just refrain from saying where you found it is all.
    I wouldn't worry at this point. If MS won't support the game any more than they will have to live with the fact when openly talk and send others to websites that have the No CD.exe.

Windows willing broke clokspl.exe AKA SafeDisc http://www.howtogeek.com/230773/how-...8-7-and-vista/ This page has the info on it and how you may be able to get clokspl.exe AKA SafeDisc working on Windows 7 to 10.

If you can't get it working by doing what is on the page I linked to MS can go sit on a rusty spork in regards to the No CD.exe. clokspl.exe AKA SafeDisc has been used by many games and most have just by passed it as they are old game that the people that made it won't or can't support. Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge I know used off of the top of my head.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post

If you can't get it working by doing what is on the page I linked to MS can go sit on a rusty spork in regards to the No CD.exe. clokspl.exe AKA SafeDisc has been used by many games and most have just by passed it as they are old game that the people that made it won't or can't support. Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge I know used off of the top of my head.
    Is that why I can't get those to run on W10.........

SPman
    If you want to play Command & Conquer from Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn to Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge best get your self over to. https://cncnet.org/. Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 1 and Tiberian Sun are freeware/abandonware (EA dump the CD .ISO years ago.) This mean you can download the whole game with community patches. So they work with Win Vista and forward.

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge are NOT freeware so you must have the game install in order to patch it for Win Vista and forward. I'm also on the cncnet.org forums as a user. I'm a Command & Conquer: Red Alert 1 modder.

So far the only issues under Windows 10 for my flight sims is with FS2004/FS9.

The aircraft no longer show in the selection window. But that is for our other basement forum.

CFS2 works like a charm.

My BPF is taking more than I thought it would take to get up and running with Rhumba's mesh and MaskRider's Sakishima Gunto scenery.
    I am having to rebuild the entire set of missions due to the differences in location of MB objects.

I may end up releasing a BPF TF 57 Iceberg I set, Iceberg Oolong set, Iceberg II set, and a BPF TF 37 Attack on the Japanese homeland set.

At the end maybe a campaign cfg linking them all into one...
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Glad it working!

Thats´s good to know! I´ll have to buy a new computer someday, and was worried about the ability to continue running CFS2.

Devildog, did you also try the FS9 No-CD-patch, or are you running this sim from the CD?

Here's what I've learned about windows 10:

No CD patches are needed for CFS2, CFS3, FS9, and probably all the other older games that run from CD's. Once you've installed the no CD patches, CFS3 and FS9 will start if you keep hitting the continue button when they complain about no CD in the drive, which they will do whether the CD is in the drive or not. Once they start, they're good.

Running CFS2 and FS9 in a window will fix the aircraft display issue, and also make them run much faster. I think the keyboard command is shift+enter to get into windowed mode. You'll only have to do it once, and the games will stay in windowed mode. The window is sizeable by pulling on the edges so you can make it full screen, or smaller if you want.

Updates are untrustworthy. Sometimes they foul some things up. It might be better to turn off automatic updates once you have a functional version.

You shouldn't need a no CD patch unless they are using SafeDisc. You can tell by looking in the main FS or CFS folder for clokspl.exe

Thanks, Ettico and Allen!

WINDOWS 10 - cfs2

Recently I've changed my rig to W10, Anybody could tell me what do I have to do
    to run the game...?

thanks...

Check this post.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...345-Windows-10

We really should make a stick for the win7, Win8.1 and Win10 setups...
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Windows willing broke SafeDisc and SecuROM. This stops CFS2 and others from working on Win7 to 10. A No CD .exe seem to be the best for Win 10 users.

CFS2 should be good for another 10 years under win 10, if you download the "no CD" patch (google it). It's just the "CFS2.exe" file that runs without the CD in the drive. Drop it into the main folder and overwrite the existing file.

Then start the game and hit ALT+ENTER to put it into windowed mode. Use your mouse to center and size the window to cover the full screen. If this works for you the way it did for me, aircraft will display in the aircraft selection screen and your frame rates will increase dramatically. My frame rates went from 58 fps to 200 as soon as I switched to windowed mode.

You'll only need to set windowed mode once. Thereafter the game will always start in windowed mode.

The same no CD patch trick should work with CFS3, but you don't need windowed mode for CFS3. It works normally in full screen mode. You will have to hit "continue" several times when you start it, when it keeps saying there is no CD in the drive. The CFS3 "ETO Expansion" overhaul includes the "no CD" patch.

Same with Flight Simulator 2005. The "no CD" patch fixes it. Keep hitting "continue" until it starts. Switch to windowed mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettico View Post
    CFS2 should be good for another 10 years under win 10, if you download the "no CD" patch (google it). It's just the "CFS2.exe" file that runs without the CD in the drive. Drop it into the main folder and overwrite the existing file.

Then start the game and hit ALT+ENTER to put it into windowed mode. Use your mouse to center and size the window to cover the full screen. If this works for you the way it did for me, aircraft will display in the aircraft selection screen and your frame rates will increase dramatically. My frame rates went from 58 fps to 200 as soon as I switched to windowed mode.

You'll only need to set windowed mode once. Thereafter the game will always start in windowed mode.

The same no CD patch trick should work with CFS3, but you don't need windowed mode for CFS3. It works normally in full screen mode. You will have to hit "continue" several times when you start it, when it keeps saying there is no CD in the drive. The CFS3 "ETO Expansion" overhaul includes the "no CD" patch.

Same with Flight Simulator 2005. The "no CD" patch fixes it. Keep hitting "continue" until it starts. Switch to windowed mode.
    It can be found at SimV. MS got smart with FS2002. You don't need the CD to run it.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Correction: I meant FS 2004, not FS 2005. I have FS 2004, and I had to find and drop in a "no CD" exe to get it to run.

Thanks gentelmen... Ettico it works... thanks...

Yo hice imágenes .iso de los dos CD que trae Cfs2 , Luego uso deamon tool para usar esas imágenes, es decir sin usar lectora de cd, sino que desde una unidad virtual que crea este programa, y luego instalo fácilmente.

todo esto en win 7, no use win 10 pero , calculo que si hay una falla debe ser por incompatibilidad, y habría que setear en propiedades del .exe como administrador y compatibilidad win 7 o xp. Saludos

Max gracias, he seguido el consejo de Ettico y funciona...

Max. thanks. I followed the advise of Ettico and it works...

FSSC and Windows 10

Okay,
    Scenery creators using Leung's FSSC, DO NOT UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10!!!

MSVBVM50.dll is not available for Windows 10. Without it you cannot install FSSC from Leung.
    I cannot even find MSVBVM50.exe to install the DLL.

Microsoft's website is absolutely useless in finding the download.
    They send you down several rabbit trails, none of which actually lead to the file in question.

GLAD I saved my Windows XP and WIN7 computer and keep it up and running!

Thought I would move my Leung FSSC over to Windows 10 computer to make scenery creation a bit easier, all on one computer....BUT NO!

I guess I could find the WIN7 version of MSVBVM50.dll and copy and paste it into my Windows\system32 folder and see if it works out okay..........
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Wish I could help you sir,
    But I can not....Tell you what though
    I will be happy to purchase your XP from you at a fair price, no monitor required
    and even have UPS pick it up on my tag.

Dave

dea14u@aol.com

PS, I still use Airport for Windows, Abacus ASD for AFD files.

I have and hate windows 7 on three rigs, But you will have to pry my dead fingers
    off of my XP and or bury me with it.
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog73 View Post
    Okay,
    Scenery creators using Leung's FSSC, DO NOT UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10!!!

MSVBVM50.dll is not available for Windows 10. Without it you cannot install FSSC from Leung.
    I cannot even find MSVBVM50.exe to install the DLL.

Microsoft's website is absolutely useless in finding the download.
    They send you down several rabbit trails, none of which actually lead to the file in question.

GLAD I saved my Windows XP and WIN7 computer and keep it up and running!

Thought I would move my Leung FSSC over to Windows 10 computer to make scenery creation a bit easier, all on one computer....BUT NO!

I guess I could find the WIN7 version of MSVBVM50.dll and copy and paste it into my Windows\system32 folder and see if it works out okay..........
    I would try that. I will attach my msvbvm50.dll from XP. It may do the job as well.

msvbvm50.dll Win XP.zip

airportforwindows work with win10 I think it does the same job!!
    after tweeking win10 I got the winhlp32 to work, anything seems possible, I think when programs do not work it sometime means there may be a security issue with that type of file.
    hope this reply makes sence.
    RJ.

Members who have read this thread: 50