Douglas A20 Havoc - Page 24
Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 14161718192021222324252627282930313234 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas A20 Havoc

Quote Originally Posted by HorusJ View Post
    Excellent Wellis!
    Looking good, Wellis... Thanks for the update.

BB686

thank you, gentlemen...

Douglas A20 Havoc P-70 radar operator

Hallo Wellis and friends,

if the pilot himself had no scope or any other indicators,
    this will mean that the radar operator had to guide the pilot on the target untill the pilot get it into visual sight
    brrrrrrr
    not an easy job!
    for the moment I focus on the second version of the A-20 cockpit
    The main problem are still the engine control levers
    Perhabs rob barentberg would have a look on it ?
    I do not have his email to contact him.
    Yours
    Papi

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    Hallo Wellis and friends,

if the pilot himself had no scope or any other indicators,
    this will mean that the radar operator had to guide the pilot on the target untill the pilot get it into visual sight
    brrrrrrr
    not an easy job!
    for the moment I focus on the second version of the A-20 cockpit
    The main problem are still the engine control levers
    Perhabs rob barentberg would have a look on it ?
    I do not have his email to contact him.
    Yours
    Papi
    Indeed, the early radars were challenging in many respects. Not sure of what you are referring to on the engine control levers, but attached is a screen cap of how they have been treated for the vc. This is the C model cockpit which still needs a minor "touch up" from Milton but is essentially what you'll get in the beta/final releases.

Edit: you might find these links helpful for the pilot's compartment. Both are G models:

https://www.eaa.org/apps/virtualtour...it360-eaa.html

http://www.raafamberleyheritage.gov....n_cockpit.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A-20_ecu_detail.jpg  

Today I finally found some time to download and install this aircraft and it made me really speechless. All I can say is kudos to all involved! You all did a great job. Milton the models are absolutely stunning and Wellis you did an outstanding job on the textures and paintkit.

My old PSP7 wasn't able to open them, but with the help of gimp I was able to convert then into something PSP7 can open.....

Now I need to find some time to do something with the paintkit. Where I had expected a load of US repaints from the G model, it seems that the C model, or should I say Boston is more popular. Therefore I decided that I will try to do a US repaint for the G. My "paint-time" is very limited, but I will do my best.

Again to all involved you did an incredible job! And thank for sharing your work with the community

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Today I finally found some time to download and install this aircraft and it made me really speechless. All I can say is kudos to all involved! You all did a great job. Milton the models are absolutely stunning and Wellis you did an outstanding job on the textures and paintkit.

My old PSP7 wasn't able to open them, but with the help of gimp I was able to convert then into something PSP7 can open.....

Now I need to find some time to do something with the paintkit. Where I had expected a load of US repaints from the G model, it seems that the C model, or should I say Boston is more popular. Therefore I decided that I will try to do a US repaint for the G. My "paint-time" is very limited, but I will do my best.

Again to all involved you did an incredible job! And thank for sharing your work with the community

Cheers,
    Huub

Thank you Huub, very much for the kind words sir. I am sure the rest of the team appreciate them as well. It has been a labor of love here, just doing the paint kit. I am glad to hear you were able to access the templates with gimp. I will look forward to seeing a paint(s) from you. :-) I have a few planned myself, after the "construction phase" is completed.

Good Morning Milton,

do you have any pictures or drawings of the P-70 radar operators cockpit.
    or any doc concerning the equipment for the radar operator?
    Also I wonder if the pilot did not have a rador scope on his panel as it was the case for the F7-F or the Skyraiders later.
    Yours Papi
    Papi, I have looked through all my archives and I do not have any pictures of the radar equipment. Sorry I cannot help you there.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

I do not have all of wellis' updates yet and he did not have all of mine from his last pics.

I finally got the radio and voice comm equipment in.

Then went to test, and lost an engine in the process.

Great shots wellis!

Thank you Huub; appreciate your comments and your contributions, always.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2017-jul-22-004.jpg   ms-2017-jul-22-005.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Douglas A20 Havoc Engine control levers / unit

Hallo Milton, Hallo Wellis,

what I mean is that I search a gauge which would operates aslike the the engine control levers in the VC.
    As I did not found a gauge in alle the livery I presume that the engine control levers are build in the model.
    Would it be possible to make a gauge out of it so it could be used in 2D panel?
    What is to be seen in the latest posts concerning the VC - ahhhrg ahhrg really I want my 2D panel to get as fine
    (yes I know I am dreaming LOL)
    A complete other question: is it normal to land the ac with all down with 3/4 power on?
    There exists a gauge for the DC-3 that is an automixture for rich and lean mixture for the engines - I wonder if such
    an automatic system existed really at this time and if yes if it was also employed on the A-20?
    I believe that your final release would again be a milestone for FS2004 !
    And it will show to a lot of people who had turned their backside to FS2004, that they did wrong.
    Thank you Milton and your friends
    Yours
    Papi

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Here is an early WIP of a French pilot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails frenchpilot.jpg  

Hallo Milton, Hallo Wellis,

what I mean is that I search a gauge which would operates aslike the the engine control levers in the VC.
    As I did not found a gauge in alle the livery I presume that the engine control levers are build in the model.
    Would it be possible to make a gauge out of it so it could be used in 2D panel?
    What is to be seen in the latest posts concerning the VC - ahhhrg ahhrg really I want my 2D panel to get as fine
    (yes I know I am dreaming LOL)
    A complete other question: is it normal to land the ac with all down with 3/4 power on?
    There exists a gauge for the DC-3 that is an automixture for rich and lean mixture for the engines - I wonder if such
    an automatic system existed really at this time and if yes if it was also employed on the A-20?
    I believe that your final release would again be a milestone for FS2004 !
    And it will show to a lot of people who had turned their backside to FS2004, that they did wrong.
    Thank you Milton and your friends
    Yours
    Papi
    Papi,

"Would it be possible to make a gauge out of it so it could be used in 2D panel?"

I suppose that you could take screenshots of the levers in various positions from full rear to front positions and use them for bmps.
    I am not a 2D panel/gauge programmer so not sure how they do it, but that may be a start for the bmps.

"A complete other question: is it normal to land the ac with all down with 3/4 power on?"

If you are carrying a full load and full fuel, then yes, it may be normal. The release version will have the ability to drop all munitions and burn or dump fuel, so that would be more normal landing condition.
    In that case, likely only 1/2 to 3/4 flaps would be needed, and little power.

"There exists a gauge for the DC-3 that is an automixture for rich and lean mixture for the engines - I wonder if such
    an automatic system existed really at this time and if yes if it was also employed on the A-20?"

Yes, it did, and the A-20 used the same setup basically. I do not know if at this point I will have a gauge programmer to add this feature.
    See attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mix.JPG  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Here is an early WIP of a French pilot.
    Steve, thank you for enhancing the accuracy of these products. That is greatly appreciated.
    Milton
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

To prevent that we are all doing the same thing: I intend to do this one and most likely a A-20G which could be found on the European theater of war.

Is somebody else is already busy on this one, he/she can get this "Green Hornet"" which I drew today.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    To prevent that we are all doing the same thing: I intend to do this one and most likely a A-20G which could be found on the European theater of war.

Is somebody else is already busy on this one, he/she can get this "Green Hornet"" which I drew today.

Cheers,
    Huub

I am not and haven't seen any WIP shots on this scheme. I'd love to see it though, from your capable hands. Earlier in the thread I posted WIP shots of those that I did in the process of developing and testing the paint kits and plan to make them available once the final is out. They do not include the Green Hornet but do include two P-70's (Dusty and Little Hellion), RAAF and USAAF G models Hilda Shane and Little Joe, respectively; and a SAAF 24 sqn. C model.

Go for it!

I'm working on some Ex USAAF schemes, so no collision here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms_a20g_sov2c.jpg  

FAO: Huub and other paintshop pro 7 users.
    Once you have saved the masters in Gimp you will need too merge some of the layers, PSP7 only allows 99 layers max so you will need to merge down some of the layers in Gimp or they may not show up in PSP. Fuselage_t_a20g_v1 for example comes with 140 layers. And anything with a mask will not show in PSP so make sure it's those that you merge ( merging the masked layers removes the mask in Gimp ).
    OR
    You could give me a shout and i'll let you have the ones I have already done.

Steve

You guys do amazing work; have amazing talent. Thank you for sharing it with the rest of us.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    You guys do amazing work; have amazing talent. Thank you for sharing it with the rest of us.
    Milton and team, It's all your fault, if you didn't produce such toys in the first place. I for one would only be going out and getting into trouble.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    FAO: Huub and other paintshop pro 7 users.
    Once you have saved the masters in Gimp you will need too merge some of the layers, PSP7 only allows 99 layers max so you will need to merge down some of the layers in Gimp or they may not show up in PSP. Fuselage_t_a20g_v1 for example comes with 140 layers. And anything with a mask will not show in PSP so make sure it's those that you merge ( merging the masked layers removes the mask in Gimp ).
    OR
    You could give me a shout and i'll let you have the ones I have already done.

Steve
    Thanks for putting this info out there Steve. I can also do some of the merging in CS6 for the revised paint kits if needed. But it will likely have to wait until I finish the innards.

That one looks great Steve! I was already hoping that you would do that one

So far I have only opened the paintkit for the G version, which had a very limited amount of layers (at least after converting it with Gimp). But thanks for the offer Steve, and you already know I will find you when I need to .

As far as the European Theater of Operations one I planning, I think I will go for "Joker" from 647 BSQ, 410 BG, 9th Air Force.

As Wellis already did an excellent job on the paint kit, I'm convinced anybody with some basic knowledge of layered files, could turn them into a nice livery. So all credits should really go to you and your team

Cheers,
    Huub

Douglas A20 Havoc - cockpit

good evening Wellis, Milton,

I had of course the cockpit from this site since some time
    It inspired me to make a new version and this is very close to be finished.
    there is one detail what is astonishing me:
    on the right side there is a console with modern radios,
    so I presume that the plane is equiped with a radiocompass and perhaps also an ils
    But I tried to find it on the dashbord or somewhere els in the cockpit - nitchewo, nothing.
    there should be somewhere at minimum an radio compass or adf gauge.
    on some other cockpits I did find a PDI gauge near the gauge for the gear/flaps indicator but on this one not.
    Can you please open my eyes?
    Also I have problems to identify the radios on the right console, I believe the are Come, ADF and transponder.
    Ah what an pationating project just the 2d panel, for such an superbly done bird!
    Yours
    Papi

good evening Wellis, Milton,

I had of course the cockpit from this site since some time
    It inspired me to make a new version and this is very close to be finished.
    there is one detail what is astonishing me:
    on the right side there is a console with modern radios,
    so I presume that the plane is equiped with a radiocompass and perhaps also an ils
    But I tried to find it on the dashbord or somewhere els in the cockpit - nitchewo, nothing.
    there should be somewhere at minimum an radio compass or adf gauge.
    on some other cockpits I did find a PDI gauge near the gauge for the gear/flaps indicator but on this one not.
    Can you please open my eyes?
    Also I have problems to identify the radios on the right console, I believe the are Come, ADF and transponder.
    Ah what an pationating project just the 2d panel, for such an superbly done bird!
    Yours
    Papi
    Papi.

Here is a file of many cockpit pictures and drawings from various manuals. None are specific about the radio models. There are also gauge layouts from various models.

http://www.sim-outhouse.net/download...a20ckptref.zip
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Douglas A20 Havoc cockpits

Good evening Milton,

thank you for your answer,
    I will have a look on the zip tomorrow,
    as here at work I cannot download and use it
    I have some comprehensible limitations on the pc here at work.
    Just a little question - how big must be your bibliotheque or archives?
    Every time I ask you about some docs you can help me.
    I must be say you a great thank you to share so much of your tresuries with us !!!
    In germany a such kind of attitude is not to be seen so much!
    I wrote several times to the great national museeum here in Munich and never got an answer.
    Oh a little question, do you plan to add some engine and other effects on the final release
    on one of the last posts of you I see the Havoc emetting a lot of fumes and flames -
    oie oie oie if here the ecologists would see that they certainly would try to forbit it LOL LOL
    Yours
    Papi

This is an amazing aircraft; all the most wonderful talents working together to create this model.
    To all of you ...2 beers each and then back to work.

thank you everyone,

Andy.

Good evening Milton,

thank you for your answer,
    I will have a look on the zip tomorrow,
    as here at work I cannot download and use it
    I have some comprehensible limitations on the pc here at work.
    Just a little question - how big must be your bibliotheque or archives?
    Every time I ask you about some docs you can help me.
    I must be say you a great thank you to share so much of your tresuries with us !!!
    In germany a such kind of attitude is not to be seen so much!
    I wrote several times to the great national museeum here in Munich and never got an answer.
    Oh a little question, do you plan to add some engine and other effects on the final release
    on one of the last posts of you I see the Havoc emetting a lot of fumes and flames -
    oie oie oie if here the ecologists would see that they certainly would try to forbit it LOL LOL
    Yours
    Papi
    Hello Papi :-)

You are welcome Sir :-)

I have a "Projects" folder that contains 131 GB, 120,000 files, and 4,535 folders.

.The A-20 folder contains 3.8 GB, versus the Mallard at 5.6 GB, and the Harpoon at 9.7 GB.

I am happy to share all that I can with others.

The A-20 effects are in place although I may not have distributed them in the pacjage; I forget now.
    The fire and smoke was Flight sim's way of telling me my engine caught fire. I have not seen that before then,m so I captured a screen shot of it. :-)

My start up smoke is a little too "heavy" but not that heavy. LOL

Have a nice day.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I'll go through my book on the Boston/A-20/P-70 and see if they have any information on the RADAR gear in the rear cockpit.

Regards,
    Ken

Members who have read this thread: 3