Douglas A20 Havoc - Page 18
Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8101112131415161718192021222324252628 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas A20 Havoc

And a very big 'Thank You' from me to all involved.
    I have fond memories of 'Havocs/Bostons' from a very early age.
    My Father was briefly stationed at Canberra, where a Dutch unit was working up on their B-25 Mitchells.
    The story I was told much later explained why they spent their 'Free Time' buzzing the Canberra suburbs in Havocs.
    It seems the USAAF wanted as many Mitchells as they could hold of, and when a squadron of Havocs turned up, along with a requisition order for the Dutch aircraft, the USAAF crews were told to go away.
    The Dutch squadron had locked their (well, they paid for them!) Mitchells up and posted several of their Indonesian infantrymen, complete with rifle and bayonet, around the hangers.
    As a result of the impasse, the Dutch kept their Mitchells and the Havocs were left unclaimed, the USAAF crews returning via railway.
    Boys will be boys, so rather than wear out the Mitchells the crews had a fine old time wearing out the Havocs.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

That's an interesting story there Wombat; thanks for sharing.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Not ready for prime time, just yet, but getting there. Here are some shots of the progress on the G model and a very preliminary livery. Color is not quite right, among other things :-). Also some jpegs of the primary templates. These are layered (many layers) .psd files with layers organised into what are, hopefully logical groups (rivets, light and shadow, dorsal, ventral, etc). I'll put up some shots of the C in a bit and the P-70's later in the week. I have been trying to bring them all along together, so bear with me. :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Little-Joe-3.jpg   Little-Joe-4.jpg   wing-R_t-g.jpg   wing-L_t-g.jpg   htails_t.jpg   fuserear_t-G.jpg  

fuselage_t-gv1.1.jpg   engines_t-G.jpg  

Hear are the C model templates and an "in-sim" shot or two.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C-model-2.jpg   C-model-1.jpg   wing-R_t.jpg   wing-L_t.jpg   htails_t.jpg   fuserear_t.jpg  

fuselage_t.jpg   engines_t.jpg  

Blog Entries

Fantastic!!!

Like it very much... great work (btw... where did you download the mapping file? would like to work on natural metal scheme)

G.

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post

Like it very much... great work (btw... where did you download the mapping file? would like to work on natural metal scheme)

G.
    G,

May as well await the paint kit(s) as he is almost done there. Wellis is the only person who has the original templates as this is a team project, not a community one. Shouldn't be long now. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Really looking forward to this great aircraft and the accompanying paint kit.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Beautiful work guys! I fully agree with Pat, definitely something to look forward to.

Cheers,
    Huub

Matt,

Awaiting the paint kits and some gauge programming. Not much I can do short of releasing it as is...
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

No malice intended, merely a bit of levity in world of tension and anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by MattJeo11 View Post
    No malice intended, merely a bit of levity in world of tension and anticipation.
    Matt, it wasn't perceived as such either. Just sharing the facts with you. :-) Thanks for your interest.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Matt, it wasn't perceived as such either. Just sharing the facts with you. :-) Thanks for your interest.
    Just to let you know it is in fact getting closer...there are four models for this project...so,hang in there. This the G (almost done) and one of the included liveries. RAAF 22 Sqdn.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HILDA_RAAF-1.jpg   HILDA_RAAF-2.jpg   HILDA_RAAF-3.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by wellis View Post
    Just to let you know it is in fact getting closer...there are four models for this project...so,hang in there. This the G (almost done) and one of the included liveries. RAAF 22 Sqdn.
    Good one mate. That one wasn't on my list as every painter has produced that paint. Have a book with plenty more so will have some fun when released.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Beautiful work Sir

Since there is still interior work to do, I will plan on releasing a package for painters once the exterior kits are completed if that's okay with you.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Beautiful work Sir

Since there is still interior work to do, I will plan on releasing a package for painters once the exterior kits are completed if that's okay with you.

That works for me sir. I'll get in my "licks" with a few release liveries and let others have at it :-)

and while that is going on I will work on the interior....

That works for me sir. I'll get in my "licks" with a few release liveries and let others have at it :-)
    Just to clarify, the painter's release will be the basic exterior model and include only the paint kit textures.
    I would hold your liveries until the beta release.

Milton
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Just to clarify, the painter's release will be the basic exterior model and include only the paint kit textures.
    I would hold your liveries until the beta release.

Milton
    roger that...

Wellis as you know has been super busy with excellent paint details in the kits on the 4 models. Here are some progress shots on a few liveries that will be available for the A-20 G model. Looking great Wellis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2017-mar-26-062.jpg   ms-2017-mar-26-063.jpg   ms-2017-mar-26-064.jpg   ms-2017-mar-26-065.jpg   ms-2017-mar-26-066.jpg   ms-2017-mar-26-067.jpg  

ms-2017-mar-26-068.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

'cry havoc! And let loose the dogs of war'

Great paint for a great model.

Thank you Milton and Wellis, you bring these old war horses to life in the most realistic way.

Mal

Great paints mate.

Cheers
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Great paints mate.

Thank you sir!

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wellis as you know has been super busy with excellent paint details in the kits on the 4 models. Here are some progress shots on a few liveries that will be available for the A-20 G model. Looking great Wellis
    Magnificent work, Milton and Wellis - loving it! :-)
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Magnificent work, Milton and Wellis - loving it! :-)
    Heyyyy Nigel :-) Great to see ya my friend.

The magnificent work is what Wellis is doing, and he is doing it on 4 different models, as you know.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Wellis stopped by yesterday and I was able to grab a couple shots of his work. Verrrry nice :-)

He's had his hands full with paint kits for 4 models so it's taking some extra efforts to propagate improvements throughout the series. But I think he is moving now to the P-70's PKs to finalize them. That's a good sign. Thanks Wellis for your heavy lifting on these PKs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2017-apr-8-006.jpg   ms-2017-apr-8-003.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 3