Douglas A20 Havoc - Page 20
Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 10121314151617181920212223242526272830 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas A20 Havoc

Hello,

-Thank you to Milton and your team for this beauty!
    It flies very well in fsx!
    I just changed the texture of the props!
    As I do not know how to make textures, I look forward to the release of new textures and especially for the cockpit!
    Have a good day

Alain

-

Thanks from me also. Its a wonderful model and flies well in P3d
    Well done to all the team!!

Quote Originally Posted by alain0568 View Post
    Hello,

-Thank you to Milton and your team for this beauty!
    It flies very well in fsx!
    I just changed the texture of the props!
    As I do not know how to make textures, I look forward to the release of new textures and especially for the cockpit!
    Have a good day

Alain

-
    Hi Alain,
    I guess I should have included the FSX props and flight model. Will upload those items later today for you FSX pilots.

Quote Originally Posted by CavOk View Post
    Thanks from me also. Its a wonderful model and flies well in P3d
    Well done to all the team!!
    Good to hear CavOK. We do have an FSX specific setup but did not feel it necessary for the painters' release.

Forgive the interior textures as we are working on them now.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

I just know this is going to be well worth the wait. Xmas Easter and birthday all rolled into one. (note to myself...get out more!)
    Mike

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Well my old paint shop pro 7 threw a wobbly with the paint masters, it refused too believe that so many layers could exist .
    But I managed too get them working. Here is an early WIP shot, it still has a long way till ready.

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms_a20g_sov2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Well my old paint shop pro 7 threw a wobbly with the paint masters, it refused too believe that so many layers could exist .
    But I managed too get them working. Here is an early WIP shot, it still has a long way till ready.

Steve

Looking good Steve! (yeah, there are a few layers... :-)

The ol' Havoc looks good in Russian paint. Nice work, Steve.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    The ol' Havoc looks good in Russian paint. Nice work, Steve.

BB686

The Russians did have a few hundred of them in service by 1945. This one was shot down in late 44 near the Ukrainian town of Rivne.
    I got too spend some time on it this evening.

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms_a20g_sov2a.jpg  

Steve
    SteveB, you are my hero!

That is looking excellent, Steve!

There is a wealthy gentleman with a growing flying warbird collection in Russia, that just recently purchased an A-20G Havoc restoration project (a complete airframe, that had been displayed at Geneseo, NY, which had been under restoration for some years to fly, but not completed). It is now undergoing restoration at Aero Trader, which is the same company that restored Rod Lewis' A-20G - currently the only flying A-20 in the world. It can be expected that this second A-20, when finished, will be completed/flying in Russian markings.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    That is looking excellent, Steve!

There is a wealthy gentleman with a growing flying warbird collection in Russia, that just recently purchased an A-20G Havoc restoration project (a complete airframe, that had been displayed at Geneseo, NY, which had been under restoration for some years to fly, but not completed). It is now undergoing restoration at Aero Trader, which is the same company that restored Rod Lewis' A-20G - currently the only flying A-20 in the world. It can be expected that this second A-20, when finished, will be completed/flying in Russian markings.
    That is great news Bomber, If I recall correctly the Soviet's had more Havoc's in service of various models than the USAAF did in 1945.
    But I could be wrong, I usually am

Steve

That is great news Bomber, If I recall correctly the Soviet's had more Havoc's in service of various models than the USAAF did in 1945.
    But I could be wrong, I usually am

Steve
    At least 3000 A-20's per the attached ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails r1.jpg   1GMTAP_3022_19-03-45.jpg   Scan2-18.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

3000 gives me something too play with. Here are a couple of WIP shots of the first two.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms_a20g_sov2b.jpg   ms_a20g_sovw4.jpg  

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Outstanding, exceptionally beautiful model by Milton - extremely well structured paint kit by a most talented Wellis. :-)

Sincerest kudos, Gentlemen.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Hello Milton, June 2017 issue of Aeroplane has feature on the Boston/ Havoc /A20

http://shop.keypublishing.com/issue/View/issue/AM530

Ttfn

Pete

Here is a 360-degree view of the cockpit of Rod Lewis' fully restored A-20G Havoc (the only flying A-20 in the world): https://www.eaa.org/apps/virtualtour/a20-cockpit360-eaa.html

Very little in the way of modern additions/99% bone-stock. The aircraft has been on display in recent weeks at the EAA Museum, ahead of making its first airshow debut at Airventure/Oshkosh next month (last year it was schedule to attend Airventure, but one of its engines decided not to cooperate on the trip there).
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Hello Milton, June 2017 issue of Aeroplane has feature on the Boston/ Havoc /A20

Ttfn

Pete
    Thanks Pete; looks to be an interesting read.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Here is a 360-degree view of the cockpit of Rod Lewis' fully restored A-20G Havoc (the only flying A-20 in the world): https://www.eaa.org/apps/virtualtour/a20-cockpit360-eaa.html

Very little in the way of modern additions/99% bone-stock. The aircraft has been on display in recent weeks at the EAA Museum, ahead of making its first airshow debut at Airventure/Oshkosh next month (last year it was schedule to attend Airventure, but one of its engines decided not to cooperate on the trip there).
    Ahhh, great John; thanks for sharing that.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

BTW, I only just noticed that if you go to that link for the 360-degree view of the cockpit, if you look directly back towards the tail, there are also a couple of little graphics-links that you can click on which will take you to two other 360-degree views, one from the the top turret and one from the aft fuselage (where you can see, for instance the ventral-position 50-cal machine gun in the stowed position - to use it, the gunner would simply open the bottom hatch and the gun can be swung out into position). I was able to view this aircraft when it was still under restoration at Aero Trader back in 2014, but it was the one project in the shop that was not allowed to be photographed (owner's request).

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

Ttfn

Pete
    Is there a downloadable version? About 6 weeks before we get it here in Australia.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Ttfn

Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thanks Pete; looks to be an interesting read.
    Love that restored cockpit with the Trig TY91/92 radio controls. Modern comms with minimal footprint. I'm guessing that navigation is by a portable GPS.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I know it's probably a bit late in the project too ask if there is a chance of the C model without the Nose blister guns ?
    This would allow for some interesting Soviet late/post WW2 photo recce and trainer schemes.

Steve

I know it's probably a bit late in the project too ask if there is a chance of the C model without the Nose blister guns ?
    This would allow for some interesting Soviet late/post WW2 photo recce and trainer schemes.

Steve
    Hi Steve,

Not at all. We should be able to accommodate a nice Russian C version. We should probably make the blisters optional anyway. I just never saw a Russian version and did not realize there were C's without the blisters.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi Steve,

Not at all. We should be able to accommodate a nice Russian C version. We should probably make the blisters optional anyway. I just never saw a Russian version and did not realize there were C's without the blisters.
    Cheers Milton, That will allow me too paint an Aeroflot as well as VVS schemes. Aeroflot used 5 C's on photo mapping flights until 1955. Also the French forces in North Africa tended too remove the blisters. I put it down too frustrated fighter pilots who flew them and wanting a few knots extra speed.

Steve

Hi Steve,

won't be a problem from the paint kit perspective, just a little moving things around.

Members who have read this thread: 3