Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3941424344454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1311

Thread: Douglas A20 Havoc

Hello Steve,

-Yes!

Alain
    -

Paint it black.....

Normally I do "reasonable authentic repaints. In this case this is an aircraft from which I don't know anything. Its based on a Warthunder repaint for a A-20G and the original artist claimed it as historical. As the aircraft number on the Warthunder paintwork did not exist I do have some doubts. But as I liked the nose art, I did it anyway and added an aircraft number which at least belongs to a P-70.

But I promise the next one will be "reasonable authentic" again................

Cheers,
    Huub

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Normally I do "reasonable authentic repaints. In this case this is an aircraft from which I don't know anything. Its based on a Warthunder repaint for a A-20G and the original artist claimed it as historical. As the aircraft number on the Warthunder paintwork did not exist I do have some doubts. But as I liked the nose art, I did it anyway and added an aircraft number which at least belongs to a P-70.

Cheers,
    Huub

While not historically accurate, it is beautiful and very well done.

Sean

Gentlemen, thank you again for these awesome paints; well done

I have been out of commission for the last two weeks its seems and unable to make a lot of progress.

I have some modeling things yet to be completed on both the FS9 series and the FSX series, a fuel gauge and a 2D panel to get done.

Hopefully i can make some progress this week and get a beta out soon.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Here are three very early stage nose arts for WIP machines I am working on (in between helping Milton with some loose ends): "Scremen Demen" (sic), "Hell N Pelican II" and "Stygian Pigeon". 2 G's and another P-70. I have only been able to find one picture of Stygian Pigeon and one, possibly two of Scremen Demen. The second picture has a different nose adornment on the right side "Barry's Baby" (I think it says that anyway). Although it wasn't entirely unheard of, for one machine to have different nose art right and left, it may be another machine entirely. Any information on these two machines folks might have would be greatly appreciated (again). Thanks

They will also be made available for the FSX Native/P3Dv4 compatible models.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HellIn Pellican Nose art.jpg   Stygian-Pigeon-4.jpg   Scremen-Demen.jpg  

Huub,
    totally brilliant work - that's my kind of repaint - absolutely love it ! ! !

Thank you so much for straying away from your usual authenticity,
    regs,
    Ro

I saw a rickshaw and wanted to paint it black

Great paint Huub! Love the effort into making something black look so good.

Mal

Cheers,
    Huub
    Your skin might be more authentic than you realize.

Could it be that the artist used that serial number because it's correct, copied from a photo? A photo of a P-70?

If the photo caption didn't specify that the plane was a P-70, an artist who wasn't familiar with the type - like most people - might have mistaken it for an A-20, specifically an A-20G because of the nose guns.

My guess is that the serial number is correct (why would the artist change it?) and the plane was a P-70A.

EDIT: Ah ha! Mr. Google confirms my suspicions! I found an image of that skin on the Warthunder model, and this is how it was captioned:

"
    Faced with a shortage of night fighters / intruders, the USAAF adopted the RAF practice of converting A-20's for the role. Some 270 A-20's of different models were refitted in several variants and designated P-70 Nighthawks. Most P-70' served stateside in training roles, but some saw combat in the Pacific. "The Night Shift" is a P-70A2 belonging to the 6th Night Fighter Squadron based out of Carney Airfield, Guadalcanal, in early 1943."

BTW, the 6th NFS detachment on Guadalcanal was Det.B.

My goodness, Huub, you're so authentic, you can't even manage to paint a fictional skin when you try to!
    Last edited by Mick; September 19th, 2017 at 12:26.

Very Nicely done, Huub.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by wellis View Post
    Here are three very early stage nose arts for WIP machines I am working on (in between helping Milton with some loose ends): "Scremen Demen" (sic), "Hell N Pelican II" and "Stygian Pigeon". 2 G's and another P-70. I have only been able to find one picture of Stygian Pigeon and one, possibly two of Scremen Demen. The second picture has a different nose adornment on the right side "Barry's Baby" (I think it says that anyway). Although it wasn't entirely unheard of, for one machine to have different nose art right and left, it may be another machine entirely. Any information on these two machines folks might have would be greatly appreciated (again). Thanks
    They will also be made available for the FSX Native/P3Dv4 compatible models.
    I can't help with these planes. I wish I could! "Stygian Pigeon" is another one that I would've painted if I could've managed the nose art.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    I can't help with these planes. I wish I could! "Stygian Pigeon" is another one that I would've painted if I could've managed the nose art.
    Thanks all the same Mick. I think it will work out well regardless. :-)

The night shift is there for you.........

For those who want it: My first repaint for the P-70A-2 is available in the library.
    I hope you will like it.

Enjoy,
    Huub

Outstanding!

Excellent rendition Huub! Thank you Sir
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Cheers,
    Huub
    With the quality of nose art you are accomplishing, the following of your instincts is serving you well.
    Being "reasonably authentic" caters to one part of your audience. There will be others who will not be
    so historically oriented and grab the repaint that gets them excited for to have the most fun with. You are
    making lots of folks out there happy and its nice to know you are around doing good work.

(There is an IL2 artist who did a series of P70's with P-61 art (being no P- 61in IL2) in honor of the men who served
    in the Black Widows)(Just an example)

Thanks..

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Any interest in some RAAF action...?
    If you can live with an unpainted glass nose on the C model I can give you a bare metal and a cammo RAAF scheme.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    If you can live with an unpainted glass nose on the C model I can give you a bare metal and a cammo RAAF scheme.

Steve
    Sounds good..!
    Thanks..

I'm on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms_a20c_raafbmwip1.jpg  

Hello A-20 enthusiasts. :-)

I am preparing a full beta test for the FS9 Only variant of the Havoc. Hope to have it up Saturday.

Will post here when available.

Thanks to all who have contributed to keep the energy going on this one.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Great news Milton.

Update on my RAAF bare metal scheme. Just needs a few minor adjustments.

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms_a20c_raafbmwip2.jpg  

A well done paint doesn't have to be historically accurate for me to enjoy flying it. Huub your weathering is superb and that's what gets my vote. Steve looking forward to the metal RAAF paint....

Calling it done.

Royal Australian Air Force, A28-39.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6fleryj8ur...aafbm.zip?dl=0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms_a20c_raafbmwip2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Calling it done.

Royal Australian Air Force, A28-39.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6fleryj8ur...aafbm.zip?dl=0
    Thanks Steve, just downloaded...
    Are the green and brown colors I've seen a realistic RAAF camo pattern...?

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Thanks Steve, just downloaded...
    Are the green and brown colors I've seen a realistic RAAF camo pattern...?
    I know Steve will answer as well but thought I would throw in here. Depends on what green and brown camo pattern you are referring to. If the question concerns the livery that will be provided in the full beta and has been presented previously as the machine called "Hilda Shane", then yes. The scheme is actually two different types of green, although the main color has a brown cast to it. It is based on color values specified in documents concerning that livery available on the web. :-)

Maybe a dumb question, but will these great paints work on the "soon to be released" FSX version?
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Members who have read this thread: 3